ResCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.1

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, DE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ResCare (Camden, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

Layered, panels. Started with referral from friend about an open position. Called the Director, and at his request submitted my resume to him. Interviewed both preliminary on phone in initial call and again full interview after his review of my resume.

Interview Questions

• My experience as to how it pertained to the position   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Was a set salary position.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Island, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare (Grand Island, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

A panel of three people conducted the interview, which was held after a short typing test. Interviewers were friendly and easy to communicate with. Questions were as expected, and I was asked to role play scenarios with clients at the close.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to overcome a major obstacle at work, and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Direct Care Provider Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare in July 2016.

Interview

Arrived early and she looked somewhat upset. We greeted each other. She was dressed in a tee and shorts, compared to my blazer and dress pants. We talked and she asked me a series of questions. I filled out paperwork. Hired on the spot. Process took about 45 mins. My resume wasn't needed at the time of the interview surprisingly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where your supervisor or manager treated you unjust. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you think you have the skills to work here? And why?   Answer Question

Residential Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ResCare (Benton, KY).

Interview

It was a vanilla interview. Seemed like they were happy to have a competent individual applying for a job. Panel of 3 people conducted the interview. Interested in previous experiences working with youth. Also spoke about the potential of high stress situations that could be encountered by taking the position.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have working with youth?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ResCare (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

My company was taken over by Rescare Workforce Services, so I had to interview for the position that I already in with my company. The interview process went really quickly since Rescare didn't have a staff. The company sent in people to do the drug test. The interview was not particularly difficult. I did get they job and they have a very lengthy training process. It is not the greatest company to work for, they have lots of bells and whistles for their customers which makes your job more difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between empathy and sympathy   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare.

Interview

Interview process is by the director who clearly has not looked at your resume based on the jumbled interview questions she is asking. That is disturbing. She asks what position you are applying for. Obviously, she didn't prepare and makes you think she's not very selective. Maybe that's why such a turnover. Many questions are situational--employee wise. Obviously, there is/are empoyee(s) that are "difficult"...

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ResCare.

Interview

I met with a woman who read from a pre-printed list of questions. There was minimal eye contact and she wrote my responses down on the sheet. I felt good leaving the interview but I lacked the connection that I feel with most other interviews that I've had in the past.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have gone above and beyond. Why do you feel that you will be a good fit for this position? Name 3 strengths that you have. Name 3 weaknesses that you have. How does your desk look at the end of a work day?   Answer Question

Career Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResCare.

Interview

There were two separate interviews I had at two different offices. The interview itself was very interactive and I enjoyed it. I heard though that are different types of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel facilitating?   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ResCare (Bloomington, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Called for interview, set up interview, showed up for interview, manager was not there, was told to come back later, came back later that day, asked about my experience and why I was interested in home health, hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in home health?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were running late for a shift?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was hired on spot, but had to schedule and orientation and the first few weeks did not get regular hours.

Activity Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ResCare (Thomasville, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Every thing went good they the Administrator was fair he state if hired for this position you will become department head and will be supervising other staff and stated every thing looks good and will get back with me as soon as possible

Interview Questions

• how long have you done this kind of work   1 Answer