ResMed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ResMed Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ResMed.

Interview

Interviewed for a position within human resources. Interview process lasted about 1 month and consisted of a preliminary phone interview, a second phone interview, and two separate interviews with recruiters and hiring managers.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview. Went over resume, job description and expectations. None of the typical situational interview questions. Didn't get a good feeling at the end of the interview. Was pretty I wasn't getting a call back. Took almost 2 weeks for an email letting me know "they are going to pass on you".

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was too lengthy for a position at this level. 3 phone screens, 3 trips to HQ with 2 interviews each for a total of 9 interviews. Overall, the process was unorganized and disjointed. I was told multiple times this was the final step, only to be told of "one more" later. Embarrassing for a company of this size.

My third trip on-site, I was asked to meet with consultants who never showed up to the interview - no one followed up and I sat there 45 minutes.

I was told that I was a perfect fit and the front runner, the VP even told me he liked my background and thought I would fit in well because I was strategic, then the recruiter advised me that the VP thought I was too strategic for the job. I have never heard of a company that doesn't want innovative staff? Later I found out that the VP decided to close the req and go a different direction. Indecisive: a great quality for senior leaders to have...

Very disappointing experience, but it looks like I'm not the only one based on what I've seen and heard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most important lesson you learned from a mistake   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Panel interview... all situational scenarios. Usual questions likewhy you want to work there, your skills, experience, handling irate customers, etc. Very easy questions. Interviewers were very friendly . They were late for the interview. But don't be impress with their smiles. Those are not their true colors.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ResMed   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was fixed.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, HR person contacted me. He was great and scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager and senior dba and VP. Next step was onsite interview which I was not called. Overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by HR and spoke with a team member. The call seemed to go well and although we were scheduled for 30 minutes, we talked for over an hour. The recruiter's passion for the company was apparent. I was invited in for an on-site interview where I met with 4 team members. Everyone was friendly and spoke openly about the company environment and their roles and how I would interact. I was invited back for a second interview and was given lunch. I met with 3 other senior leaders and they spent most of their interview time asking me to ask questions of them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ResMed? What do you know about this role?   Answer Question

Senior Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Pre-screen phone interview followed by a face-to-face with hiring manager.

ResMed HR team was fantastic. They were prompt and clear in their communications. The HR person I worked with was very professional and had a great attitude. She provided good information about the company culture and work environment. What I found to be the most beneficial and amazing in today's job hunting environment is my HR contact provided me feedback on why I wasn't going forward in the process. Many companies simply send a canned email. ResMed HR took the time to provide me candid feedback. I found that to be unique and very helpful as I pursue other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a positive effect or influence on a company?
      Tell me about a memorable project where you successful and what do you attribute to the success?
      Describe a major obstacle you were able to overcome, how did you navigate through it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at an on-campus career fair. Interviewed on-site at their San Diego offices and received an offer roughly two weeks later. Interview was less focused on CTCI style questions and instead took a deep dive into the projects I listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the project in your resume. How could you extend the project? How would you deal with scaling the software?   Answer Question

Android Engineer, Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I arrived at the company 15 minutes earlier. At the reception, I asked for the HR representative and she came exactly when the interview was supposed to start. She showed me around and some basic facilities. After that, she took me to a room and the rest of the interview was there. Firstly, 3 people from the team came and asked about my experience, then gave me 4 brain teasers to answer and finally asked me to implement one of the brain teasers in Java. After technical interview, I talked to the VP of the company shortly.

Interview Questions

• One of the brain teasers was there are 7 balls and one of them is heavier than others. How would you find the heavy ball with two or less weighings on a scale?   1 Answer

Dental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First, emails with internal recruiter followed by a Skype call with the hiring manager. That call lasted about 45 minutes and was initially set up by their Talent Acquisition Team. During interview, manager had my resume in front of him and wanted me to review my background with him. Even though I have years of sales experience in this field, he seemed to be concerned that most recent positions did not involve sales quotas.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what I knew about the company and my strategy for getting to speak to doctors.   1 Answer