ResMed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ResMed Interview Questions

Interviews at ResMed

2.8

Contributor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed.

Interview

Agent helped me to get interviewed but my resume is already submitted online.
    Got called 2 times for schedule.
    Interview high level
    Interview technical with panel.
    Video Interview technical with panel.

In some position, even at low level, the VP and higher than VP even interview the contributor. Very selective.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Everything is easy for my position. Questions are normal and part of the job. I have too much experience for easy questions. I now more than the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a position. Thought about it for 2 weeks. Requested for increase. Gave them a week. They accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at an on-campus career fair. Interviewed on-site at their San Diego offices and received an offer roughly two weeks later. Interview was less focused on CTCI style questions and instead took a deep dive into the projects I listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the project in your resume. How could you extend the project? How would you deal with scaling the software?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ResMed.

Interview

Several weeks of interviews. 2 phone interviews, 1 full day of interviews with 7 individuals. The final interview was a sales presentation to a panel. During the process it seemed to take too long, but looking back it makes sense. They not only want a capable individual, but someone who is a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ResMed? They want you to connect with the "why" behind the products & solutions they design/manufacture/sell.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Consisted of a phone interview and an onsite interview. The overall experience of this interview was very pleasant. It was well organized and quick. I really enjoyed how my former supervisor challenged my thoughts during the interview. It was a great exercise and I would definitely give a thumbs up to HR.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It's a good experience overall. They asked basic and easy questions. They made you feel comfortable and respected. I actually enjoyed talking to the recruiters. They also talked with me about the projects I had done and they were listening carefully.

Interview Questions

• Really basic and general questions about Java. Not specific coding/debugging questions. So can't say more about it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed.

Interview

The process took almost a month due to internal scheduling. It took a total of five meetings from initial phone call to the last meeting. You are required to interview with people in other departments whom you may or may not work directly with.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone screen with a newly hired on-site recruiter, good follow up and instructions for the first interview by the HR coordinator (sent an email with a list of interview participants and their titles, map and job description). Offices are clean, impressive and high tech, lots of windows, product displays plus a terrific art collection both inside and outside the facility (sculpture, paintings, installations). They have a lovely on-site cafeteria, since I was to be interviewing for most of the morning I received a coupon for a free coffee....nice!

Overall the first interviews on 10/11 were well organized and went smoothly - I did 1:1s with several members of the team and was pleased to be called for a second interview on Tuesday, 10/30, starting at 8:30 AM to speak with 3 additional team members.

Here's where it gets dodgy....on 10/26 I was sent this message by the onsite recruiter I had been working with: "We have had scheduling conflicts as well as an unforeseen changes within this position and need to post pone your second interview until we complete our internal diligence. Our apologies for any inconveniences and thank you for your continued interest. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have."

I replied same day (10/26) with this: "Thanks for the heads up. I really enjoyed my first interview and am very interested in pursing a career with Team ResMed. Please keep me in the loop on developments or if at any time the position closes and is no longer available."

On 11/7, I did another follow up email with the recruiter as I had heard nothing:
    "Just a quick note to check in and let you know I'm still very interested in pursuing a position with ResMed's marketing team. I'm standing by. Hope you're settling in well and enjoying your work --"

One month after my initial interview, on 11/27, I decided to check in again (kinda figuring out the obvious) and got this reply: "The interviews went well however we decided to go with another candidate who more closely matches the position. Please keep in touch. Also we do have another project manager in our econ division which was just posted, please have a look on our website and let me know if you think this is in fact a good match."

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. Hiring someone else is cool, I'm glad they found a match - but don't postpone someone indefinitely - that's bad business.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question actually came from me when I asked when could I expect my 2nd interview to be rescheduled?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ResMed in April 2013.

Interview

Met with a gentleman that was rather nice. It was a "get to know you interview". Pretty much ran through resume.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really stood out. Had to explain capital equipment sales experience.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Panel interview... all situational scenarios. Usual questions likewhy you want to work there, your skills, experience, handling irate customers, etc. Very easy questions. Interviewers were very friendly . They were late for the interview. But don't be impress with their smiles. Those are not their true colors.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ResMed   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was fixed.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ResMed (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was too lengthy for a position at this level. 3 phone screens, 3 trips to HQ with 2 interviews each for a total of 9 interviews. Overall, the process was unorganized and disjointed. I was told multiple times this was the final step, only to be told of "one more" later. Embarrassing for a company of this size.

My third trip on-site, I was asked to meet with consultants who never showed up to the interview - no one followed up and I sat there 45 minutes.

I was told that I was a perfect fit and the front runner, the VP even told me he liked my background and thought I would fit in well because I was strategic, then the recruiter advised me that the VP thought I was too strategic for the job. I have never heard of a company that doesn't want innovative staff? Later I found out that the VP decided to close the req and go a different direction. Indecisive: a great quality for senior leaders to have...

Very disappointing experience, but it looks like I'm not the only one based on what I've seen and heard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most important lesson you learned from a mistake   Answer Question