Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii Interview Questions in Hawaii | Glassdoor

Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii Interview Questions in Hawaii

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (Hilo, HI) in May 2017.

Interview

Not much of an actual interview. Just have to get the okay from a staff of the University. To do this you need a relatively high GPA and a good relationship with the staff member you wish to be your mentor.

Human Resources Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in February 2016.

Interview

Got an email about a week after applying. Showed up, took a computer test, and proceeded to have a 20 minute interview with the president and his assistant. They seemed to have already made up their mind before the interview even began.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in November 2012.

Interview

The process was over the phone and fairly friendly. The committee consisted of 5 people including the person who would be my boss. They gave time for me to ask questions about responsibilities and tasks needed to do the job.

Interview Questions

• General technical questions but in particular asking about my accomplishments and what I knew about the organiziation.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in August 2011.

Interview

Was called in to interview with the Principal Investigator of a laboratory in the microbial oceanographic sciences, Department of Oceanography (2010). Plain-clothes interview - "we are field and laboratory scientists, don't dress up" type of thing. Was asked about cover letter and statement of intent. Was not like an ordinary interview with silly questions - it was more like "I see you have good grades and you're enthusiastic and you know spectrophotometry -- I can't help you with your research interests, but here is what my lab is doing and what I could use some help with -- sound like something you would be interested in? Can you start today?

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to funnel your enthusiasm into a slightly different topic in the basic category of research that you're interested in?   1 Answer

Benefits Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a 4 panel interview for the position. Walked into the room, and no one introduced themselves or their position. During the whole one hour interview, only one person asked questions (turns out to be the HR Director). Seemed like the rest of the managers feared her and didn't want to ask any questions in front of her. Was told that once you are trained, you should take good enough notes to never ask questions again. Doesn't seem like a happy work environment.