Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Undergraduate Research Assistant

Interviews at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii

1.5

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in August 2011.

Interview

Was called in to interview with the Principal Investigator of a laboratory in the microbial oceanographic sciences, Department of Oceanography (2010). Plain-clothes interview - "we are field and laboratory scientists, don't dress up" type of thing. Was asked about cover letter and statement of intent. Was not like an ordinary interview with silly questions - it was more like "I see you have good grades and you're enthusiastic and you know spectrophotometry -- I can't help you with your research interests, but here is what my lab is doing and what I could use some help with -- sound like something you would be interested in? Can you start today?

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to funnel your enthusiasm into a slightly different topic in the basic category of research that you're interested in?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilo, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (Hilo, HI) in May 2017.

Interview

Not much of an actual interview. Just have to get the okay from a staff of the University. To do this you need a relatively high GPA and a good relationship with the staff member you wish to be your mentor.

Interview Questions