Research Foundation of CUNY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Research Foundation of CUNY

2.2

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Research Foundation of CUNY.

Interview

Interviewed by a Borough NOC technician and his assistant. They asked your background in IT and the skills you possess.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Research Foundation of CUNY (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

It was easy, interviewer asked basic questions about computers and wanted to know what career I wanted. They were hiring multiple people so the odds of getting the job was reasonable.

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Research Foundation of CUNY (Long Island City, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was assigned to the TLC offices in Long Island City. The hiring process was pretty quick. I didn't get interviewed by the Research Foundation directly. Rather, The Taxi and Limousine Commission interviewed me. After applying I received a call in about a week. I was then interviewed by the director and supervisor of my department. They explained the nature of the job, and what to expect. It honestly felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Research Foundation of CUNY (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with the Program Supervisor and the Director of Programming. It was very laidback but informative, and I was asked about strengths and weaknesses and my ideas for what I envisioned the program to be. I was asked about innovative ideas and as a person who thinks outside the box, i was able to showcase ideas for a particular demographic of student.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can contribute to this position?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Research Foundation of CUNY (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The whole process is pleasant. The first step is to take a subject test. So your test result could be profiled. You could stop by the math lab to check if you pass the exam. They will contact you if you pass and they need tutors. The interview is done with three supervisors. Each asks few questions. You may expect to explain a simple algebra question. The whole process is pleasure.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and solve a question in front of them.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Research Foundation of CUNY (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with the manager of the tutoring lab who asked me questions regarding my level in mathematics and experience teaching. After this I was given a skills quiz on mathematics. The quiz required that I explained the methods thoroughly as if I were teaching the students in the lab. It involved basic mathematical principles and logic.

Interview Questions

• What courses have you taken in Maths and computer science?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Research Foundation of CUNY (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

A panel of approximately ten persons consisting of current employees, directors and management discuss with you your strengths, weaknesses and passion for research. The setting is stern, sunny and glamorous. My interview got a little intense. I may have overdone showing them how passionate I was. But I really did care deeply for research and it was my dream at the time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Research Foundation of CUNY (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I was led into a room by another administrative assistant and I was interviewed by the Office Manager and the Director of the program. They asked me questions about my previous positions and I went into detail about how I was organized and excelled at multi-tasking. Then they outlined the position. I would be the third of three administrative assistants. I would take care of my own grant and the Office Manager would be there to help me and train me and answer any questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Research Foundation of CUNY (Flushing, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an email to schedule an interview.I thought the interview was going well answered all the questions during what was a five minute interview.Thought I had a chance at getting the open position because of the qualifications that I have for the job.In actuality they already had someone in mind already that they knew they were going to hire the person in charge of hiring just had to make themselves look good and interview more than one person. In the future if you have someone in mind why bother wasting other candidates time if they never had a fighting chance to get the position anyway.It just to toy with people's emotions and make it seem that you may get a job that was already closed.The hiring manager at Queens college basically told me this on the phone that they already had someone else chosen in mind for the position even before my interview thanks for being finally honest with me at the Barry Commoner Center

Interview Questions

• I have a lot of people interviewing for this position so it may take a week to get back to you, what is your weakness and when could you start and why are you looking to chance jobs and why I like working in healthcare   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online within a week got an email for an interview. Meet with 5 people including the director. We all chatted happily and I thought everything was going well but nothing. Didn't hear back and no offer.