Research In Motion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Research In Motion Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Research In Motion

Several Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Research In Motion (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Lots of phone interviews. Their general application unlocked 5 interviews in a single week for different positions. Some of the interviews were easier than other, but it spoke to different management styles across different teams.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Research In Motion (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

The entire process took less than a week after I applied to the online job posting
    There were three stages: telephone call, test and in person interview.
    Overall they were very welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in a fast paced environment   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Research In Motion in July 2011.

Interview

3 steps

1st is the call, asking about your application, saying about the job, and of course how you talk on the phone

2nd is tech interview asking about the tech expertise that you can bring and then seeing team and culture fit.

3rd is offer and review/ acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Tech stuffs and about the company   1 Answer

Team Test Lead Interview

Interview

took about 2 months from submitting of my resume to on-board
    3 peers interviews
    2 upper managers interviews
    1 director
    had to do drug testing, RIM is Canadian company so I guess that's normal?
    offered more than I asked for and did not negotiate anything else
    just usual test questions mixed with leadership questions
    some automations and coding

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Research In Motion (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Generally ok , but they need to look into their candidate screening process.

I did not apply for that position( I submitted my resume for another completely unrelated position), The HR called me first and I had no idea what the job was about, but she said I was a good match and asked me to come in for an interview.

During the interview I found out what the hiring manager wanted and I don't have the necessary skills at all, and I simply asked the guy why I was selected for an interview, since nothing in my resume suggested I could do the job. He was puzzled as well and we guessed that HR probably had a mix-up. So we shook hands and said goodbye, and I just counted this as a whole day wasted on a trip to Waterloo in heavy snow.

However, after about three months, the SAME HR person left me a voice message, it was for an interview for the SAME position by the SAME manager. And another three months later, while I was in a conference call someone from RIM called me again and I simply rejected the call.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Research In Motion (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

It was up to the hiring manager at the time, I met with him followed by his peer in the same team. The whole process took 2 weeks and then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one - it was pretty standard. Management style, how I problem solve, how I lead teams...   1 Answer