Research Now Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Research Now Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Now.

Interview

came in to a beautiful office and waited for appx an hour. the individual that I was suppose to be in the meeting with had an meeting scheduled at the time of our meeting and was not able to attend. After sitting there for almost an hour I was finally called into a round table room and sat with the Head Manager and and sales Manager. i listed to them speak of the company explaining what there vision was. It was right up my alley. The interview went extremely well. I was positive I had this job and knew I could do it well. They told me that I was told that I would be contacted very soon but never was. I reached out about 2 weeks later as they had stated and never received a response at all. Extremely frustrating for me I knew that the company was the perfect fit for me. I will state that the Sales Manager did not seem to even speak in the meeting lol. He just seemed as though he was there to collect a pay check?

When you know your worth you know its not your loss... Move on to bigger and better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when things were disappointing or did not go the way you had panned it?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Research Now.

Interview

Come to the office for informal interview with the hiring manager, look at the space and etc. Another day come back for a four hour interview: two technical interviews with team members, one-on-one with VP and one-on-one with CTO

Interview Questions

• Design a system. Implement an algorithm to find interception of two arrays.   Answer Question

Service Desk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Research Now.

Interview

Good interview, with general questions to more technical ones pretty straight forward. It went for an hour and some change and topics varied according to questions I had and they answered honestly.

Interview Questions

• What languages are your most proficient in?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Research Now (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone screen. Face to face with a panel from different depts. Follow up. Some of the questions asked were bogus and as someone in HR, I know we're off limits and not valuable to assessing for the job.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Research Now (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview PROCESS was actually not bad. I communicated back and forth with the recruiter before landing on a suitable time for both of us. The call was held and I felt like we established a good rapport. The interview was pretty straightforward with standard questions about experience suitable to the position.

The problem lies with the FOLLOW-UP. She stated that she would "let me know" within a few days about next steps...although she most likely knew at this juncture that we were not going to move forward. I am completely fine with hearing that I am not a suitable candidate for a role and that it's simply not a fit. After years of work experience under my belt, I completely understand that not all roles are a perfect match for all applicants and have a huge stash of big girl panties for just this occasion. Please do not knowingly deceive candidates by telling them that you will get back with them when you actually have no intention of doing so. Of course I followed up and the recruiter that was once so responsive, was suddenly no where to be found. That might be expected (although not appreciated) for a lower position, but for a vice president role, I would have thought a bit more finesse was in order.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Research Now in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to this position online through the company's career website. A representative contacted me the next day to schedule a phone screen for the following week with the hiring manager. No job titles were given so I wasn't sure whom I was speaking with or who was conducting the interview. After a bit of research I established that it was an HR coordinator who called me and an HR business partner conducting the interview. That same day I was sent another message from another HR business partner who had reviewed my information and wanted to schedule a time to meet with me. I informed her that I had already been contacted to speak with someone from the HR department. That was my first red flag.

The advertisement for this role was nontraditional and implied that the company was searching for individuals with fun and outgoing personalities. It was one of those "don't apply unless you're awesome" posts, so I was hopeful that the hiring manager would be friendly and personable. Unfortunately I got the complete opposite. The person conducting the interview sounded worn out and had absolutely no personality, basically the complete opposite of who this company claims they hire. I could barely hear her and asked quite a few times if she could repeat her questions. I knew from the moment she asked about my current job (I'm unemployed) and clearly hadn't reviewed my resume that this was not going to be a fit, but I continued on in case the tone of the interview changed to something redeemable, which it did not. Most of the questions were behavior focused and how I deal with difficult situations. Once we got to my questions, I only got through a few before she had to end the interview despite the fact that I was told we had an hour and it was only 35 minutes in. Her answers were short, which is a pretty good indication that she was not interested in moving forward.

There definitely seems to be a communications issue and a disconnect between the types of people they claim to want and who they actually hire. Also, based on the fact that no job titles were provided during the scheduling process, I'm assuming this is a flat organization. Needless to say, I withdrew myself from candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult personality, how you handled the situation and the outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Research Now (Plano, TX).

Interview

I applied for a posted job online and was contacted by an internal recruiter to invite me in to meet with the hiring manager right off the bat... no phone screen, which I thought was unusual. The recruiter was very nice but fairly rigid in terms of scheduling. I rearranged my schedule to accommodate the timing she requested, but the morning of my interview as I was getting ready to leave, she called me to reschedule due to the hiring manager being out sick. I suggested due to the illness we push out a full week to make sure he was available, but she was insistent on rescheduling just a couple days later because they were trying to fill this role very quickly. I showed up to interview with the hiring manager, and instead was met by the hiring manager's boss who had no idea he'd be interviewing anyone and was merely filling in because the hiring manager was still sick. It wasn't so much an interview as an information session where he did all the talking, mostly selling the role and company, which would have been helpful for me had the process continued. That's especially true because I was a bit skeptical going into this interview given some of the negative feedback on Glassdoor about office politics and poor management, but I feel like I got more context from him which reassured me temporarily.

Both the hiring manager's boss and the recruiter assured me they'd schedule an in person interview when the hiring manager was feeling better and back in the office but due to the holidays it would likely be delayed. After the holidays came and went I sent a check-in email and the recruiter has gone radio silent for well over a month. I understand it's their mission to explore and hire the person best suited from their perspective, and not every interview results in an offer. However, I feel it would have been more professional and courteous to just close the loop given the amount of time I'd invested with their scheduling debacle. I could be their perfect candidate for a future role, but I'd definitely hesitate to engage with them again after this experience. To me, a little courtesy is low effort and high reward.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Research Now.

Interview

It started with a small conversation with Vp at starbucks. After that they called for onsite within a week. There was a technical round and discussion round to explain about research now. Last round is with CTO. Everyone was good to talk with except the CTO. He was bragging about how he pulled up research now up from before he joined the company. There was no foot print of the company. Otherwise the hiring manager and all others we very nice. Esp the office facility is good. It's sfo culture here in dallas.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Within a week, I was called by HR for an initial phone interview. Then there were two in person interviews (met with 6 people in total). At the end of the process, you had to do an Excel, writing and logic test. Unless you do absolutely poorly on it, I don't believe this test is factored into much of the decision because it had nothing to do with our day to day work. I was given an offer a few days after that but there was no salary negotiation. They give you 2 days to decided (as opposed to the standard 7 days). It was a very easy and casual process but I felt most of the team was inexperienced at interviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

• If you could do any job at all, what would it be? (Doesn't have to be this one.)   Answer Question

ASE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Research Now.

Interview

3 step interview you do a phone interview with hr then you have two other interview one with the time you would work for them another with all the managers. This was about a one day interview