Research Now Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.7

Senior Back End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Research Now (Plano, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

An internal recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. We had a phone screen then had casual meeting with the VP of Engineering off-site. A week later went on-site for a 4 hour interview that included two hour long technical interviews (coding, design), an hour with another VP and an hour with the recruiter that involved a tour and explanation of each department, benefits etc.

The coding interview involved a simple array reversal question on a white board with a couple of follow up questions. They also asked about using templates in C++. There was another question about finding the depth of a tree. The interviewer left the room with "good luck!" as the parting words.

The design interview with two other interviewers asked to design a library system with the two user stories to fulfill being "search for a book" and "checkout a book".

The hour long meeting with the second VP was a casual discussion about my past, goals and future as well as a history of the company and where they were going.

Despite hitting it off with both VPs and after what I felt were successful technical interviews I received a phone call the next week that there would be no offer coming my way.

My technical background and experience was in C/C++ and they are a Java shop. I haven't written code in the past year in my current position. I thought they would see past this and value my quick learning, critical thinking and team skills while giving me the opportunity to learn on the job, however they were looking for someone who could sling code on day 1.

Interview Questions

• What was the most rewarding time/experience you had at your prior job?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Now (Plano, TX).

Interview

I applied online, received phone interview a few days later. Scheduled a panel interview at the company's HQ about a week later. I heard back from HR about a week later.

Product Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Research Now.

Interview

I applied over the internet to an advertised position. The HR person called me a few weeks later for a quick call. The role seemed interesting, and she said she would connect me with the top person there. This person called me and while it started off well, it seemed to be hollow and I could tell that he was not much interested. At the end, he said that he was interviewing other candidates and would get in touch.
    I waited a week and then emailed the HR lady asking her for status. Nothing. No reply at all. The jobvite status still says "In process". If this is how they treat you before you join, just imagine how it would be after you join.

I don't think I got the job, but I am sure I will never hear back from them.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Now.

Interview

came in to a beautiful office and waited for appx an hour. the individual that I was suppose to be in the meeting with had an meeting scheduled at the time of our meeting and was not able to attend. After sitting there for almost an hour I was finally called into a round table room and sat with the Head Manager and and sales Manager. i listed to them speak of the company explaining what there vision was. It was right up my alley. The interview went extremely well. I was positive I had this job and knew I could do it well. They told me that I was told that I would be contacted very soon but never was. I reached out about 2 weeks later as they had stated and never received a response at all. Extremely frustrating for me I knew that the company was the perfect fit for me. I will state that the Sales Manager did not seem to even speak in the meeting lol. He just seemed as though he was there to collect a pay check?

When you know your worth you know its not your loss... Move on to bigger and better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when things were disappointing or did not go the way you had panned it?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Research Now.

Interview

Come to the office for informal interview with the hiring manager, look at the space and etc. Another day come back for a four hour interview: two technical interviews with team members, one-on-one with VP and one-on-one with CTO

Interview Questions

• Design a system. Implement an algorithm to find interception of two arrays.   Answer Question

Service Desk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Research Now.

Interview

Good interview, with general questions to more technical ones pretty straight forward. It went for an hour and some change and topics varied according to questions I had and they answered honestly.

Interview Questions

• What languages are your most proficient in?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Research Now (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very thorough. Two interviewers. They asked several good questions about my experience and how I'd pursue my role if hired. They answered all of my questions about the company and role.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Research Now (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone screen. Face to face with a panel from different depts. Follow up. Some of the questions asked were bogus and as someone in HR, I know we're off limits and not valuable to assessing for the job.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Research Now (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview PROCESS was actually not bad. I communicated back and forth with the recruiter before landing on a suitable time for both of us. The call was held and I felt like we established a good rapport. The interview was pretty straightforward with standard questions about experience suitable to the position.

The problem lies with the FOLLOW-UP. She stated that she would "let me know" within a few days about next steps...although she most likely knew at this juncture that we were not going to move forward. I am completely fine with hearing that I am not a suitable candidate for a role and that it's simply not a fit. After years of work experience under my belt, I completely understand that not all roles are a perfect match for all applicants and have a huge stash of big girl panties for just this occasion. Please do not knowingly deceive candidates by telling them that you will get back with them when you actually have no intention of doing so. Of course I followed up and the recruiter that was once so responsive, was suddenly no where to be found. That might be expected (although not appreciated) for a lower position, but for a vice president role, I would have thought a bit more finesse was in order.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Research Now in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to this position online through the company's career website. A representative contacted me the next day to schedule a phone screen for the following week with the hiring manager. No job titles were given so I wasn't sure whom I was speaking with or who was conducting the interview. After a bit of research I established that it was an HR coordinator who called me and an HR business partner conducting the interview. That same day I was sent another message from another HR business partner who had reviewed my information and wanted to schedule a time to meet with me. I informed her that I had already been contacted to speak with someone from the HR department. That was my first red flag.

The advertisement for this role was nontraditional and implied that the company was searching for individuals with fun and outgoing personalities. It was one of those "don't apply unless you're awesome" posts, so I was hopeful that the hiring manager would be friendly and personable. Unfortunately I got the complete opposite. The person conducting the interview sounded worn out and had absolutely no personality, basically the complete opposite of who this company claims they hire. I could barely hear her and asked quite a few times if she could repeat her questions. I knew from the moment she asked about my current job (I'm unemployed) and clearly hadn't reviewed my resume that this was not going to be a fit, but I continued on in case the tone of the interview changed to something redeemable, which it did not. Most of the questions were behavior focused and how I deal with difficult situations. Once we got to my questions, I only got through a few before she had to end the interview despite the fact that I was told we had an hour and it was only 35 minutes in. Her answers were short, which is a pretty good indication that she was not interested in moving forward.

There definitely seems to be a communications issue and a disconnect between the types of people they claim to want and who they actually hire. Also, based on the fact that no job titles were provided during the scheduling process, I'm assuming this is a flat organization. Needless to say, I withdrew myself from candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult personality, how you handled the situation and the outcome.   Answer Question