Reserve Bank of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reserve Bank of India

Anonymous Interview

Interview

They started with the basic questions on finance and the process ended smooth with the headlines and the current news trending in the economy. the process took 2 weeks. the first shortlist was based on the academic score followed by Personal interviews.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India in January 2017.

Interview

the Interview process started with CV screening, Post which I got a call for the interview. on the day of the interview there were 3 panelists. The interview was very intimidating mainly because the employers did not give me a chance to explain myself. The third interviewer did not even ask any question . The overall process was demotivating ,

Interview Questions

• During demonetisation, did the money supply in the economy in India increase or decrease??   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Four members panel. One was strict. One was lady member, one neutral person and one down to earth person. It started with why I want to join. Most people were from engineering background, so why banking after engineering. Then some questions about banking and economics. All in all, nice and cordial people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join at clerical post after doing Engineering?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

You have to apply through your institution and if shortlisted have to appear for an interview. Panel consisted of 3 members and all were really good people. You also have to carry your original documents last semester mark sheet and degree certificate. Interview was conducted in RBI main office in fort area.

Interview Questions

• As I was graduated in Engineering and my specialization was E&TC first question came to me was are you aware of any innovations going on in optical fibre field. As I was not aware I said no and then the question came if I know what is optical fibre and its working. I explained it in some detail and then came the most dangerous question "Why do you want to move from such interesting field of electronics to finance". I tried to convince him on it and then he asked if I could explain him why this trend of engineering to finance is increasing. Then came in second interviewer who started with what are functions of RBI and then some questions on the same line. Third interviewer asked about RBI website and suggestions to improve the website and then asked about policy rates. That was it.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Screening by application based on merit. And then personal interview by a panel of three. Will ask you basic questions of post graduation. Also they will chack how confident and how well you can communicate. The panel will be really friendly. You must just keep your cool. They may ask your states economic condorion. So be prepared for that. Based on your performance you get an email if you are selected.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Kolkata (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process included resume shortlisting ( Masters in Economics from reputed colleges) .A total of 40 people were interviewed for the post and then there was a interview by a panel of 4 members( GMs)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

The HR team was very welcoming, gave us free food also.
    The interviewers were very friendly and accommodating. They are there to help you out with the process.
    Overall a very good experience with RBI team.

Interview Questions

• 1) RBI main functions
      2) What is internal debt management
      3) What is external debt management?   Answer Question

MANAGER GRADE B Interview

Application

Interview

The various positions for which RBI need people like you, are regularly advertised in leading newspapers and Employment News/Rojgar Samachar. For all the Class I posts, that is officers, in the RBI, the Reserve Bank of India Services Board (RBISB) conducts examinations /interviews. You'll need to apply to the General Manager, RBISB in the format published in the advertisements along with all your relevant documents.

Interview Questions

• For most of the posts like Staff Officers Gr.'B' and Research Officers in Gr.'B', you are required to appear for

Objective Test
          Written Test and
          Interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you get selected, you get an Offer of Appointment from the RBI's Central Recruitment section. If you agree to the terms in the letter, a few formalities need to be completed which include a medical test, Police Verification Report, Referee Report and Employer's Report.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Mumbai (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

First round of shortlisting through screening of cv. for shortlisting rbi required minimum 75 percentage marks avergae preferrably in grads, and financial related certification, then personal intervie by panel of 3 panel members

Interview Questions

• more on indian banking idustry, banking, current affairs, financial iclusion, definition of banks, nayak committee recommendation etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reserve Bank of India (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Selection for interview is career based, need to have more than 80% in your graduation with first class career throughout.

Interview Questions

• Your views on QE ? And if u speak in support of it , they will say that it is useless and the vice versa.   Answer Question