Resolvit Account Manager - Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Account Manager - Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Probably the most uncomfortable and unusual experience I've ever had. The recruiter was VERY nice and professional. She was really good with keeping in touch, following up and gauging your interest. She interviewed me first, and then scheduled an in person interview with the VP of Talent Acquisition. My interview with him went very well, he was also nice and professional. He insisted that I return the next day and meet with the owner. The next day the owner took me out for lunch. Instead of me discussing my professional background and work experiences, I spent 75% of the time talking about my personal background. Questions such as...Did I live in an urban neighborhood growing up? When did my parents get divorce and how did that affect me? Do I have a good relationship with my father? After telling him that he died of cancer, he ask me what was that experience like? Overall it was bizarre, and very uncomfortable. I relived a lot of painful moments that one should not have to during an interview.

It was still a great opportunity, and strangely I was still interested. The recruiter told me that he liked me, but wasn't ready to make an offer yet. I didn't understand how he could like me, because the only thing that he had learned was my personal background. So I suggested that we meet again, but this time discuss my professional background only. He initially agreed, but later asked that the recruiter meet with me instead.

Couple weeks later, I was told that I didn't get the job. I'm all about picking the right person and understand at times it will not be me, but it's hard to accept that when you were interrogated about your upbringing during the interview. Although he overstepped a few boundaries, he seemed like a great guy. He needs some interviewing polishing, and few classes in business etiquette.

Interview Questions

Resolvit Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Managing Member

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We strive to provide an exceptional interviewing experience for everyone considering employment with Resolvit.

It is nice to hear that your experience with our corporate recruiter and VP of Talent Acquisition were excellent. That their communication was thorough, timely, and consistent from initial engagement through delivery of feedback, including the decision of ultimately choosing someone else, is a standard we strive for as a team. These two particular individuals’ primary responsibilities are qualifying candidates based on specific required tactical expertise needed for roles within our company. We were fortunate five months ago to identify and pare down a long list of qualified individuals to four exceptional candidates for our Sales Leader position, of which you were one.

The good news is that our methodical and thorough hiring process, which as you point out can take as long as 30 to 45 days, worked well for all parties. Thank you again for your time and interest in Resolvit. We wish you lots of luck and success with your future endeavors.