Resolvit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Resolvit Interview Questions

Interviews at Resolvit

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit (Tysons, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

Great process arranged to meet with the right people at one time and then meet with the client manager within 7 days. Quick decision making process. Very good explanation of the position and expectations and how they relate to my background.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about Consulting   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Resolvit (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

They came across my resume online and called me up to get me to apply for a position through them. I came into the office and got the presentation about all the good stuff and what not the company offers only to find out that they were looking to fill a senior level position - very disappointing considering that my resume specifically stated I was looking for something entry level. It became obvious when they gave me a test filled with advanced technical questions which I stared at for 5 minutes and handed back to them blank.

Even after this, they offered me a programming project to work on to prove my ability, which I agreed to take because well, why not. I believe I did a decent job on the project - I submitted a fully functional implementation. After submitting my project, I got absolutely no response back from them.

Overall, I found this place to be a bunch of extremely unprofessional headhunters trying to stuff anyone they can find into whatever position they need to fill. I am very glad they didn't get back to me as I believe that taking the job they were trying to give me would be the equivalent of shooting my career in the foot.

Interview Questions

• The project involved parsing and validating a csv file.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resolvit (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

They were looking for a very specific set of skills.

Consultant Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn and immediately applied for it. I was contacted before the end of the day with an invitation for an interview. I accepted and we planned a lunch near the Resolvit office for a date when she was in Cincinnati from DC Corporate. After the lunch interview, I was invited into the office to meet the Branch Manager and some other team members. I was there for approximately two hours. I immediately emailed and snail-mailed thank-you notes to everyone I met. I was told that there were some other people in the mix, but I would find out in two days whether or not I was selected to move forward in the interview process. Thursday passed and I didn't hear anything, so I called Friday morning. I received a call a few hours later offering me a second interview. I came in and met some other members of the team and was told that they had narrowed their selection to three candidates. They'd be making a decision and sending two out of town for the third interview at another branch location. I was selected and was flown to DC to interview with the branch office there. I was in DC for only one day, flying in and out the same day. Upon my return, I called the office the next morning letting them know that I'd returned safely, I'd enjoyed the trip and was prepared for the next move in the process. I was asked to come in one more time where I was then offered the job. I asked for the evening to think about it and then accepted the next day!

I later discovered that when they selected their two final candidates (myself and one other person), they sent both of us out of town and offered us both full-time roles with Resolvit in different capacities.

My perception of the team during my three interviews was that everyone was hard-working, devoted and driven. Each team member had the opportunity to meet with me, get a feel for my personality and determine whether or not I'd be a good fit for the team. That gave me confidence that everyone's perspective at Resolvit was valued. The fact that Resolvit invested in sending me to another location also gave me confidence that they were willing to go to great lengths to find the right person for the job.

The Cincinnati office itself was a beautiful space right downtown. It definitely felt classy and professional.

I have two pieces of advice for someone interviewing with Resolvit; my first piece of advice is follow up, follow up, follow up! Be sure to send thank-you emails and notes, call after interviews and be sure to let the interviewer know that you are interested and you want the job. Secondly, absolutely know your goals and be ready to articulate them. Resolvit wants and needs confident, hard-working people who are willing to go the distance to deliver. You will need to illustrate that you are confident, you want to succeed professionally and you have a plan ready to be executed to get there. Be sure to think through your true personal and professional goals before you step into a Resolvit office!

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resolvit (Vienna, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

I read another negative review here about Resolvit's interview process and I confirm. I was contacted by a recruiter and similar to the other reviewer, I also found the recruiter to be unprofessional. We had a phone interview and the recruiter emailed me the next day stating I would hear from her again by the end of the week to proceed. I understand things change, timelines/budgets/decisions change but she never followed up at all. I sent a few polite interested emails which were all ignored, which I find very unprofessional. It does happen, yes, but it only takes two minutes to send a quick email to candidates and let them know the position is on hold, or they've selected another candidate. I was interviewing with several other companies at the time who had the courtesy and professional skills to communicate my interview status. This made me realize even more so how unprofessional Resolvit acted. The way employees behave with candidates is the number one impression of a company a candidate receives, and although I was initially interested, my impression quickly turned poor based on their unprofessionalism.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resolvit (Vienna, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

The recruitment specialist, who I will not name, was very unprofessional. I was called for an job interview and the person did not have a job description for the job vacancy. I was surprised. Wasn't she aware of what the job was, and what the requirements were? The woman kept yawning throughout the interview, which, to say the least, was very discouraging. She hid her cell phone behind calendar and was busy looking at (possibly) text messages instead of listening to my responses to her questions.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ban Som Phone (Laos)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Resolvit (Ban Som Phone (Laos)) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter reached out to me. The initial conversation was very pleasant and she explained me the process and how I will have a client interview. Everything seemed normal for a consulting firm,
    and then she dropped the bomb, "We need 5 reference letter of which 3 must be from current/past managers". I have had 2 jobs in my 7 years long careers. So I am not in touch with
    my managers at last job. Also I am not gonna contact my supervisor(s) at my current job for a reference letter and jeopardize my career.
    I told her that I am interested in the position and can work on the reference letters if I get an offer and she told me supplying reference letter before applying is the way to going
    , and in the hundreds of interviews
    she has conducted in multiple places this has been the norm.
    Am I missing something, isn't background verification and checking the last step in the interview process. Are others going to their bosses and asking for letters of recommendation for a change in job,
    which they may or may not get.

Consultant Interview

Interview

First round interview meeting with Resolvit team in DC office which consists of technical and behavioral interview. If you get through that interview you make it to round 2 which is meeting the client team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes you can negotiate but you don't need to much. They give pretty good offers.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Resolvit in May 2010.

Interview

getting to meet all of the team members.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to do with my life?   1 Answer
    • What were some of my personal and professional goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiating, they did what they said they would do.