Resolvit Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Resolvit

2.5

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resolvit (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I came to their office to learn more about this contract position and brought a resume. They were meeting with the hiring manager later that afternoon. They told me that one of the skills listed was a "nice to have," not a "must have." When I didn't hear anything for a few days, I followed up with the recruiter. She said the manager had decided that they are only considering candidates with that skill, so then I could not be considered for the job. That's okay. I get that.

So fast forward to a couple of months later. I had a conversation with a former co-worker. The job they applied for here sounded identical. In fact, I am sure it was the same job because of the description they gave, the company, and the timing. They told this person the same thing about this skill that they told me at first. They said it was a "nice to have". This person had no experience with this skill either. Funny thing is that this person got an interview with the hiring manager. So was the skill actually not a requirement, and there was some other reason I was not considered? If so, that is what they should've told me. If not, then I should've at least been considered for the job. Not sure what the deal was, but it makes me not trust this company.

Interview Questions

• I think they did the old "tell me about yourself" question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Resolvit

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Resolvit (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

A little different because, while I work for Resolvit, I work at a different client company. Resolvit takes a thorough look at your resume and at you. They match you with a company that's a good fit so, when you go to the client office for an interview, you have confidence that you can do the job and are there to sell your personal skills.

Interview Questions

• After learning the latest and greatest tools of my trade, I had to take an editing test using MS Word. Aside from that, the women I interviewed with we very personable and I felt I got along with them right away.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was caught off guard by a generous offer and accepted right away.