Resource Data Inc Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Resource Data Inc Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Resource Data Inc (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

Incredibly speedy process compared to some of the other companies I have interviewed with. Submitted my application Thursday and had an interview on following Tuesday. On the following Friday after my first interview I received an email about setting up a technical interview for the following Tuesday. In less than 2-3 weeks I had established contact and had 2 interviews.
The technical was pretty challenging for me. The interviewer came up with a great hypothetical scenario in which I took the lead to write the pseudo code on the white board to flesh out the basic premise of how to solve the scenario. It caught me a little off guard in that the scenario was much different than anything I have done at UAA in the MIS program. Even with my lack of a complete vision/direction to come up with a solution, the interviewers were great and patient in directing me and not letting me feel inept and useless, as I slowly pieced together the code with their assistance. Overall, great experience even though my inexperience and current skill set is not what they are currently looking for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Resource Data Inc

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Resource Data Inc (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and had an initial interview with a recruiter asking me about my resume and the reason that I applied. I was also given an overview about the company. I then had an interview with another recruiter going through my resume more in detail about asking me to explain my experiences. This was the first interview that dove into my experiences in a more detailed level. Later that same week, I had a technical interview concerning my experiences with two others from the specific branch I was applying to. The next week, I got an offer. The entire process was very fast. Everyone that I talked to seem to also love the company and was proud to answer any questions. I think that there is a lot of opportunity within RDI.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were concerning my previous experiences and dove into what types of software I had experience with.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

Interview

Found RDI through craigslist, as well as word of mouth. I sent them an email with my attached resume (we all know that hopeless feeling). I was contacted by their recruiter within three days, maybe less and spoke with her on the phone. Very casual conversation, we discussed schooling, my degree choice, my career path, where I saw myself. I was scheduled for an interview immediately following this phone interview. I met with the head of HR for an interview in his office where more technical aspects of the job and my background were asked, job history, experience with information systems, where I saw myself, what I liked about RDI (Do your homework), what I had heard about RDI. Following this interview I was scheduled for a final interview between the HR head and an analyst. This was the most technical, specific questions of programming styles, database structure, how I would handle specific situations.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

Interview

Received call from HR to set up initial interview. Next I participated in three phone interviews (one general HR, one general career goals, one technical). Following these I received an offer, then met at the company headquarters to meet management and complete paperwork. I chose my start date for a few weeks following the on site meeting. There was no formal orientation, just a couple of meetings with HR, management, and then project managers to get work assignments.

Interview Questions

• Very expected questions from HR and the general career goals. The technical interview was conducted by someone who had less experience than me in the specific field and so it was strange in that regard but nothing outside of the ordinary (explain your experience with xyz programming language, this software, that software).   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was reasonable and I did not negotiate. I believe the company would be very open to negotiations if you felt the need to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Resource Data Inc (Houston, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a programming manager from Alaska. It lasted about a half an hour. It started with typical questions, such as "Why do you want to work here?" "Tell us about your current job and experience?" He also wanted to know what classes and kinds of projects I worked on during college. He didn't ask many behavioral questions, just the typical "Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?
    " I was asked to give an overview of object oriented design. I was then asked some basic database questions (What is a primary key?). Then I was asked what my favorite programming language was and why.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some projects you worked on during college? (I graduated from college six years ago)   Answer Question