Want a Free Job Posting?

Interviews for Top Jobs at Resource Recycling Systems

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Project Intern/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Resource Recycling Systems (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2011.

Originally I had a brief phone interview and then a subsequent additional interview was scheduled--on the phone as well. The phone interview was casual, two senior members of the staff interviewed me. No soft questions. These guys want to make sure you know what you're talking about. You almost feel like you're under attack, but they were definitely nice enough. It lasted about 45 minutes. I was told they would like to fly me out to Michigan for a face to face. They described the position as a 90 day trail "internship" and then full hire analyst. Two days later I was called by their C.O.O. She had some of her own questions, but many were repeats from the last session. Nice enough and extremely personable. She described the position as a 1 year internship with a 90 review with a possibility of full hire project analyst. 3 weeks later I was flown into Ann Arbor for a face to face. It ended up being with all three of the people I had spoke with on the phone. It is a very casual work environment and the interview went that way. It did however take three hours. They asked me questions to see how I'd deal with different situations, to see how "my mind worked". It almost felt like 4 friends getting to know each other. Almost. You still feel judged and the pressure, but if you know your stuff, and have creative answers for them it feels natural. The position description still wasn't clear to me :90 intern to hire or 1 year.. the President and the C.O.O. disagreed about this during the interview... At the end of the interview the President of the company took me aside to say I did well and they would have their decision in a few days. Still haven't heard back. Sent follow up emails..

Interview Questions

• You've started this hypothetical project (description)-- what would you do first? Where does your mind take you?   Answer Question