Responsys Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Responsys Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Responsys (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

They are pretty good about the whole interviewing process. I had 2 phone interviews after a recruiter contacted me:
1) Team Lead.
2) Director.

Then got called into onsite interview. It was a good 5 hour interview with various aspects ranging from: SQL basics to Hadoop/BIG data to Shell scripting.

I would say the interview was a very detailed one ranging from basic questions to technically detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected. If you are preparing for this interview as many people have said before me, brush up your basics from careercup for positions for programmers and data modelling and industry standard SQL/PLSQL terminologies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Responsys

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Responsys (San Bruno, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a Senior Technical Recruiter at Aptitude Staffing Solutions in regards to a SR SWE opportunity with Responsys. We went through a series of technical questions/answers and then set up an interview with the Recruiter. After the interviewing and screening process with Aptitude, I was then submitted to the Hiring Director at Responsys. We set up a phone call and face to face interview with the team at Responsys.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The VP of Recruiting at Aptitude Staffing Solutions handled this part for me which was very professional and was able to make the process comfortable and productive.

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Responsys (San Bruno, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

technical questions were average (maybe a little below average) in difficulty. mostly tested people's knowledge in java, database, etc.
    decision making process was fast. i had two rounds of on site interviews each took half day. and right when i reached home after the second onsite i received the offer. this is a company with a lot of potentials.

Interview Questions

• how to manage many to many relationships using database   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much. remember to ask for more stock options.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Responsys in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was good. It was spread across 4 people and one of them being the hiring manager. It was a group of decent people having a in-depth knowledge of a lot of the subject. I really enjoyed talking with them.