Restaurant.com Restaurant Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Restaurant.com Restaurant Consultant Interview Questions

Restaurant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restaurant.com (Denver, CO) in April 2009.

Interview

I was approached by the internal Restaurant.com recruiter who had found my resume online. From their they described what the position was about and what the potential income could be. After the initial phone interview I had a 2nd phone interview with the VP of the West Region for Restaurant.com. He asked me a series of questions about what my expectations were, why I wanted to work for the company, and where I saw myself with the company in the future. After the 2nd phone interview I received word that I was being invited to a one on one interview with the Regional Sales Manager for my territory. I met with her in the lobby of a downtown hotel and she asked me a series of tough questions about what I would do to secure a certain number of signups in a month, etc. After that I was asked to take a personality test, and have my referrals called on. After 2 weeks of phone and in person interviews I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if a restaurant owner refused to meet with you because he just doesn't do any sort of discounting at his restaurant? How would you secure the appointment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my base salary with the VP of teh Region and he was impressed that I even asked because most reps he had offered positions to had never tried. I negotiated my base on what I thought I deserved from my experience and where I knew my potential would take me with the company. Negotiate and offer and be confident about it.

Other Interview Reviews for Restaurant.com

Restaurant Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Restaurant.com.

Interview

two interviews, one in person with VP and one over the phone with RM