Restoration Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

Gallery Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Honestly this was the worst interveiw I've had to date. I was called 40 minutes after my scheduled interview time (which they did apologize for) . After speaking with a representative for around four minutes about my previous work experience I was asked if I applied for a consultant position, which confused me at first. When I finally corrected the representative I was informed that my skills in no way matched the position that I applied for, leaving me very embarrassed and wishing I had never reminded them of my interview in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career history   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very kind, he asked the usual, what did I know about the company, why did I want to enter there, and what were my salary/hour expectations. Then he called the Showroom manager, and we chatted all about my experience and about the position, etc.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware.

Interview

The interview was unstructured, as are most retail interviews (I have had several over the years), I had 2 back to back interviews, one with the assistant lead and then the store leader. Most of the questions were geared towards the company's "core values" People, Quality, Service, and Innovation and they are trying to gauge how you would fit into the store and if you would be a good employee.

Interview Questions

• What does "Quality" (Innovation) (Service) (People) mean to you?   1 Answer

Lead Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview process was fine, good questions, positive attitude from Restoration Hardware Manager, compliments about my resume... would like to work with them, but not to relocate. Why asking if relocation will be accepted if I am applying in NY ?

Interview Questions

• My salary as a lead designer ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initially RH reached out to me by phone. I was excited to hear from them and was eagerly awaiting another point of contact. Over a few weeks I was contacted again- a total of three short phone calls the last one resulting in setting up an interview in ATL, GA when I was available.

I soon ventured to ATL and was happily surprised at the exquisite showroom they have in Buckhead. I was a little bit early because I didn't want to fight with ATL traffic- they have complimentary valet parking too and I was greeted as soon as I walked in by lovely happy faces.

I refreshed my train of thought and my knowledge on the brand by walking around their showroom only to get through the first 3 floors... I was then contacted by my interviewer and met him downstairs, where he picked a space ( a dining room) and we conducted a thorough interview.

I wanted this to be a conversation and a learning experience for both of us. He began asking me questions about myself ranging from my interest in the company, to where I was from, to asking me more specific questions regarding specific room sizes in proportion to the furniture suggested to fill them.

The interview lasted about an hour, he was very complimentary, and also let me know that I did not totally fit the exact qualifications for what he was looking for. He continued to speak more specifically on where he could see me on his team and within the company- which I found very exciting and impressive ( considering that I am a recent college graduate). I was able to provide enough about myself for him to be able to even see me as some part of RH's team.

Overall, the interview went well, I was able to confidently network and now have another connection in the industry.

Interview Questions

• He gave me a scenario in which I was approaching him as a design consultant while I saw him sitting at a table in RH and we played out that conversation in which I got a critique and feedback at the end of.

He asked questions in regards to proportional sizing of different types of furniture within certain rooms.

He asked me about myself and my interests, how I worked, how I problem solve (because that's what they're doing daily at RH)

He asked me if I had any questions-which I did and they were answered in the detail I wanted and asked for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware.

Interview

Was informed of the position at a job fair. Was invited to an "open house" to view the job location. At the "open house" I toured the building, seeing both the warehouse and care center. I was interviewed by HR and Care Center Manager. Was offered a position on the same day.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA).

Interview

Brief Phone Interview, then call in for In Person Interview. Process took about 2 weeks then was followed up with an offer. Overall a pretty general interview process. Asked about how well you work in teams and what your work style was like. How the skills you have relate to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Questions about excel and analyzing data. How well you work on a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

This is the type of company that right off the bat you can tell that they like to brainwash their employees. When you get your first call for them they will not ask to schedule an interview cause the interview process starts the minute that they call you without warning. They'll ask you why you like RH and they'll expect your answers to put them on a pedestal.

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware in June 2017.

Interview

The initial interview with HR was delightful! One can tell they are passionate about hiring the right people. The interview with the district manager was also on point. Nevertheless, once I interviewed with the store leader, I was under the impression that he was trying to ask me a series of "got you" questions that were completely unrelated to my skills, experience, and education. It was weird and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• From HR and district manager, they asked the usual questions: strengths, weaknesses, where you will want to be in 5 years, type of leadership style. From the store leader: expect anything.   1 Answer

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one was short maybe 10-15 minutes and went over some basic questions about myself and why I was interested in the position. The second interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour and went more into detail with questions about my resume, experience, and projects worked on. I then was asked to design a space with RH products and video chat with a few of the RH design members to discuss my design.

Overall the experience was good, I declined because I ended up taking another offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit in with RH's values?   1 Answer