Restoration Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Restoration Hardware

2.9

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

1. Initia screening.
    2. Technical screening with 2 system architects.
    3. Onsite with 4 different managerial roles. and 1 Architect.
    4. Followup with another technical challenge by the architect.

After all that they delayed the onboarding for a month and then in mid-March canceled since they are cutting down because of the corona.

Interview Questions

• Design a delivery scheduling system   1 Answer

Gallery Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted to interview through contacts. Was “fast tracked” through the first couple interviews, all over the phone. Then after 2 months of no contact, I was reached out to again to continue.
    All questions were based on the company values, and how I would “fit” into the brand. There was never a discussion on business driving capabilities.

There were a couple interviews that the individual seemed distracted and not really listening to me or paying attention to the conversation.

After each interview, the feedback was positive, and was moved on to the next phase.

Overall I had 7 Interviews through 4 months just to be told that they moved on to other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Which one of our Company Values best speaks to you, and why?   Answer Question

Gallery Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware in January 2020.

Interview

The first interview was via phone and it went well and as expected. The second interview was in their store and went well too and was professional too. The third interview was in person and was probably the most inappropriate and unprofessional interview I have ever had.

It was very unprofessional, the two women interviewing me didn't know what position I was interviewing for and even after I told them, they continued to act like I would be in a different role. One was late to the interview so I had to start with one person, and then restart 15 minutes later when she came in. The questions got VERY person very fast and honestly, they asked a lot of questions they should never have asked in an interview and are against the law to ask. The unprofessional behavior, questions and side comments they made to each other, and condescending way they talk towards me were unprofessional and disrespectful and frankly, many of the questions were against the law. It was very clear to me that this was a group of "mean women" working in this office and I wanted no part of that. After going through two interviews where their company values were explained in great detail and we talked a lot about them, it was an utter shock to sit in a third interview and have it be very much not in line with their core values. Their core values are wonderful, but I am not sure that their employees really live them.

Interview Questions

• The first two interviews were standard questions about my experience and what they are looking for. The third interview had many questions that are against the law to ask.   Answer Question

Gallery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It didn't feel like they wanted to know about me it was more like they were questioning me to see if I was lying about my resume. It was weird and uncomfortable. Also when I asked about the culture of the store they just gave me like a general answer it didn't feel genuine.
    At the end I didn't feel like I wanted to work for a company like that.

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Seattle, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

1. Online application - no response
    2. Direct email application after 1 month - response after 4 months
    3. Meeting set up in 2 months - rescheduled on company's part, then finished within 10min
    4. Applicant's follow-up or second attempt almost 2 years later - response within a week
    5. Phone interview after a week - feedback email 15min later with invitation for in-person interview
    6. In-person interview 3 days later with a manager who lead to believe there is gonna be a position offered but not sure which one yet - needed help with deciding
    7. Another interview within a week with another manager and one of the current Interior Designers - concluded in "Thank you, we'll be in touch"
    8. Email follow up the next day - no interest on company's side at all any more

Interview Questions

• - how did you decide to be an interior designer
      - why do you want to work for us
      - how do you deal with difficult clients and/or projects
      - how do you motivate people   Answer Question

Interior Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

1. Phone Interview (Got opportunity for face to face interview.)
    2. The first face to face interview (Got a candidate project after this interview, need to finish in a week.)
    3. The second face to face interview (Present the finished candidate project to the interviewer. Got a revision request for the candidate project.)
    4. The Third face to face interview (Present the revised candidate project to the interviewer. Got another revision request.)
    5. The fourth face to face interview (Present the second revised candidate project to the interviewer. To be told to prepare for the final interview with regional leader and gallery senior designer.)
    6. 10+ days later to be told......Due to a visa issue (They don't sponsor the H1B visa)......Did not get the offer......

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years and 5 years?   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Santa Ana, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Fist I think this is a position related to interior design, but the final result is sales, and No sales commission. I have no experience in sales, I'm designer,I am looking for design work.

Associate Gallery Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Seattle, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

I had five interviews over the course of two months; 3 with Gallery Leaders and 2 with Field Leaders. The format was either in person or via video feed. The interviews were friendly and conversational, and each following the same general format. I was asked to share my 'life story' starting from the very beginning, and from there the conversation turned to my professional path and goals.
    The first four interviews were very positive and I was given good feedback. The fifth interview was difficult - the interviewer was fairly cold and the conversation felt one-sided; it was a challenge to know what areas she may want me to expand on or when she felt the question had been answered. After the interview, I was told I would hear back the following week. A week and a half later, I learned I did not get the position because the final interviewer did not feel I had enough experience leading large teams. It felt like a shame, because I could have given more examples of my leadership experience if I knew that was an area of concern. We did not address that topic much during the final interview. The Gallery Leader called me to give me the news and expressed disappointment with the result. Overall, I felt like the process was much too slow and my time was not respected - though I did leave with a positive impression of the Gallery Leaders. They have a genuine passion for the company and their teams.

Gallery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (West Hollywood, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

I did three different interviews. Each manager wanted to know what I thought the job was and where I see myself growing within the company. Its about a 3 hour long process. You meet with each manager for about minutes the first person you meet is from HR, the second person is the general manager of the property and the last person is the manager of the department the general manager feels you would be best fit for.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you ran into a your last company and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What is a problem you tend to encounter with a team environment?   Answer Question
    • Are you a technically savvy person, sales savvy or both?   Answer Question

Interior Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2019.

Interview

I went through 4 stages of interviews that were an hour long each. I originally applied for one position and after the first interview, they fed me confidence and mislead me to believe that I was suitable for multiple positions within their company. I showed up early and professional to each of these interviews. I came with my portfolio and resume, and even sent it to the Field leader as asked of me, ( for her to not even have any interest in reviewing it or discussing it with me in the interview). They were in constant contact, again leading me to believe they were interested in giving me a position. After the last interview ( being the 4 one ) they let me know that within a week they will let me know if I did or didn't get the job. Almost a month later, I heard nothing from them. I even emailed the manager on the 3rd week asking for a follow up, and then also called in for a follow up after the 4th week and they said they will call me back the same day with an explanation, and nothing. They covered their "VALUES" constantly in each interview, but ultimately they have no values towards people in general, maybe their hired employees get to see their values but definitely not other people, because they couldn't even email or call me to let me know out of professionalism or common respect. I did my part, and I did it efficiently. I was polite, on time, came in last minute when asked of me, sent in any kind of paper work needed, drove almost 45 minutes away to each interview because I truly was interested to work and give them my all. But they couldn't even give me enough respect to follow up. I wouldn't have been upset if I didn't get the position, but after 4 long, and detailed interviews and for them to ignore me and not even follow up is extremely unprofessional and disrespectful on their end.