Restoration Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Restoration Hardware

2.9

Sort:

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware.

Interview

Pretty easy. They mainly just talk to you instead of asking questions.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Corte Madera, CA).

Interview

I was emailed after applying online and asked to come in for an interview. I met with three members of the Legal department. I had great conversations and they said I would be an awesome fit. I never heard back from them again.

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware in June 2017.

Interview

The initial interview with HR was delightful! One can tell they are passionate about hiring the right people. The interview with the district manager was also on point. Nevertheless, once I interviewed with the store leader, I was under the impression that he was trying to ask me a series of "got you" questions that were completely unrelated to my skills, experience, and education. It was weird and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• From HR and district manager, they asked the usual questions: strengths, weaknesses, where you will want to be in 5 years, type of leadership style. From the store leader: expect anything.   1 Answer

Associate Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Nashville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, however, I appreciate that they take the time to truly find the right people for the positions they are filling. They are a high-end company seeking high-end talent so the number of interviews did not scare me off at all...it made me want to work there more!

Interview Questions

• How has the whole interview process with RH changed you as a person? What have you taken away to instill in your everyday life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Houston, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

I walked in after applying online and sat down and talked with someone for about 30 minutes. Gave me a lot of confidence and they were very happy I did so. Earned myself a second interview which was about an hour long conversation. I was given a project to design a room and after that is completed they sit down for a review.

Interview Questions

• Who were your mentors and why do you look up to them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

This interview process was incredibly lengthy and slightly painful. Had a total of 4 many hour long interviews, both in person, and over the phone. They ask you quite a few personal questions and expect you to talk about yourself in length, so be prepared to talk! Had my interview rescheduled multiple times (because no one apparently knows when each other is at work or not) and when I did have a physical interview, i had to wait a long time for someone to talk with me. I got an uneasy feeling as the interviews kept being scheduled, I never knew what was going on, or if I was even going to be told about the details of the position. I eventually grew tired of the whole process, felt somewhat "cult-like".

Associate Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware in February 2017.

Interview

Don't put your full effort into it if you don't think this is really the job for you because they will seek out of you're the right person through many, many, long interviews. I had a positive experience with the first three interviews, then the last one made me not want to work there anymore. The first two were very conversational and welcoming of questions which made me more interested in working there. Then, the last one was a very difficult interview with the type of questions being asked and the interviewer. My interviewer even answered a text in the middle of it, which I viewed as very disrespectful of my time. They will have you do a designer test for this role which will take up a lot of your time, in my opinion -proving as a pre-curser to how it would be to actually work there full time. Other than that, the communication on both sides was pretty good as far as being transparent with how the process will go. Only advice I have is don't put any effort in at all unless it's going to be your full effort because they will expect this of you just by submitting an application!

Interview Questions

• Be ready to get asked back to back classic HR questions such as your biggest success, biggest failure, how you would handle someone coming into the gallery and doing or saying XYZ, when was a time you had a conflict and how did you handle it, describe a time you had a different idea than someone and how did you handle it, etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one was short maybe 10-15 minutes and went over some basic questions about myself and why I was interested in the position. The second interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour and went more into detail with questions about my resume, experience, and projects worked on. I then was asked to design a space with RH products and video chat with a few of the RH design members to discuss my design.

Overall the experience was good, I declined because I ended up taking another offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit in with RH's values?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Westlake Village, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three before being offered the job. Each one was with a different manager and each interview was a little different in style based on the person. The first one done by the Store Manager (they have different titles but can't remember) felt more like a test. The second one, which would be my immediate manager was great, she is the reason I took the job. The last as the HR manager (for lack of her actual title) which was more about the philosophy of the company and do I fit into that. It took about 2-3 weeks before being offered the position.

Negotiation

Be yourself, be honest about what you want.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Restoration Hardware (Vero Beach, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Before the interview make sure your application is completed, lack of information looks unprofessional. A lead will sit with you at the design center and ask you questions about your past experience pertaining to the position. You will then read the Core Values the company drivers for every store to live by to make a great workplace and successful business.