Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc

1.4

Reset Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc (Palm Desert, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Very easy in and out simple questions if willing to travel to different stores through the desert area and if I would be able to work graveyard basically just questions to see if you get hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If I was ok traveling to different stores   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc.

Interview

Made introductions. Asked questions. One-on-one. Met other team leaders. Took about one hour. Told me what the job was about, what was expected of me, the hours, and that it would be a lot of traveling. But, you get paid for your mileage.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone interview the next few days. Barely an interview just really availability, job description, and a few other things. After completing tax questionnaire online, Started the following week.

Retail Reset Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc (Glen Burnie, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I walked in to a non-descript office and sat down with the interviewer, whom seemed not too with it. She asked me if I knew what the job was, and I agreed, yet she gave no more description of anything. I read it all in an email sent to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Retail Project Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

I received an email asking me to set up a phone interview, I replied and didn't hear back. A week later, the hiring recruiter text messaged me telling me the position is filled but they have another one open. She said she'd be available on Wednesday and she let me pick the time, I said 11am.

I went to the scheduled interview on Wednesday at 11am and nobody was there to meet with me. I got a call back saying the interview was supposed to be on Thursday @ 10am.

Thursday morning, they changed the store location on me and asked me to arrive early if possible. I showed up and the trainer, who I was interviewing with, was working the whole time. She said the hiring recruiter loved me, had already checked my references and asked me if I could start next week. I said, "Yes!" After getting the copy of my photo ID and copy of my auto insurance, I left feeling excited that I got the job offer.

Monday, I had not heard anything from RMSI. I texted and called both the trainer (who I had the interview with) and the hiring recruiter. I finally received a text message back hours later from the HR that the position had been filled. She claimed she left a voicemail, but I never received it nor had I ever communicated with her other than text.

I cannot believe the amount of time I wasted with this company and I wasn't even hired. Which is shocking because I have a great resume with very strong experience in this field.

I would NOT recommend applying here. Their management is very unorganized and the interviewer who was showing me around mentioned "little white lies" they do, store to store just so they can get paid.

Retail Project Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc (Livermore, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed and easy. There was no background check or drug test. They didn't mind that I didn't have experience in merchandising. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to travel to different areas and merchandise about 5 or 6 stores.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc.

Interview

There was a short phone interview and another short in person interview at an area store. Phone interview asked about my backround mostly. I was also asked if I met the requirements that were displayed on their website when I applied for the job, like having my own vehicle and car insurance. If you get called in for an in person interview you pretty much have the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your work experience relates to the kind of work we do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation, I accepted the offer.

Wave Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

A job fair is held at the regional office every so often. You will be asked to fill out an application on a computer or mobile device, then a hiring manager will speak to you, discuss experience, and then make an offer and discuss your hourly compensation. They will likely hire anyone who displays a minimum of composure and does not disqualify themselves, as they struggle to retain staff.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to read a planogram/schematic?   1 Answer

Wave Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc (Mount Vernon, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I sat with a supervisor at a local grocery store. We just talked. She really didn't know what she was doing, or why they asked her to interview me. No one else was available, I guess, and warm bodies are really all that is required.

Remodel Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc (Stockton, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very quick, easy, and fair. With experience your pretty much in. Not to terribly informative about dress code or reimbursement but eager to hire. The man was very nice but the interview was scheduled with 1 HR of the call to set it up.

Interview Questions

• Why I left a similar employer?   1 Answer