Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc Retail Project Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc

1.0

Retail Project Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

I received an email asking me to set up a phone interview, I replied and didn't hear back. A week later, the hiring recruiter text messaged me telling me the position is filled but they have another one open. She said she'd be available on Wednesday and she let me pick the time, I said 11am.

I went to the scheduled interview on Wednesday at 11am and nobody was there to meet with me. I got a call back saying the interview was supposed to be on Thursday @ 10am.

Thursday morning, they changed the store location on me and asked me to arrive early if possible. I showed up and the trainer, who I was interviewing with, was working the whole time. She said the hiring recruiter loved me, had already checked my references and asked me if I could start next week. I said, "Yes!" After getting the copy of my photo ID and copy of my auto insurance, I left feeling excited that I got the job offer.

Monday, I had not heard anything from RMSI. I texted and called both the trainer (who I had the interview with) and the hiring recruiter. I finally received a text message back hours later from the HR that the position had been filled. She claimed she left a voicemail, but I never received it nor had I ever communicated with her other than text.

I cannot believe the amount of time I wasted with this company and I wasn't even hired. Which is shocking because I have a great resume with very strong experience in this field.

I would NOT recommend applying here. Their management is very unorganized and the interviewer who was showing me around mentioned "little white lies" they do, store to store just so they can get paid.

Other Interview Reviews for Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc

Retail Project Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Retail Merchandising Solutions Inc (Livermore, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed and easy. There was no background check or drug test. They didn't mind that I didn't have experience in merchandising. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to travel to different areas and merchandise about 5 or 6 stores.   Answer Question