RetailData Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

1.9

Data Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailData (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I received an email right after I sent my resume and then had 2 phone interviews. The first phone interview was an initial screening call. She was very nice and pleasant. I was actually excited thinking maybe I found a great P/T job with flexibility. The second phone interview was with the hiring manager. She was also nice and gave more specific information. The whole phone process was about 3 days total and then waiting another 5 days for them to get back to me. It was clear this wasn't a good fit since most of the data collecting is "undercover" which was never stated in the initial interview or website survey. They made it seem like the majority of the data collecting would be out in the open. That's not true, it's mostly all lapel collections. This type of position is more appropriate for someone who has done that type of work before and is okay with it.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the work is lapel collections. Are you okay with that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailData (Middletown, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The process began with a brief (15 min) phone interview with an HR screener. The next interview was with the District Manager that lasted for approximately an hour. A candidate under consideration after these two steps will receive a second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you had to think on your feet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RetailData (Loveland, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, Then they confirm that you had the phone interview. They ask you to complete a survey about the Phone interview. Then schedule you for a second interview. and then they confirm that you had that interview before you get scheduled or turned down

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what the job requires you to do?   1 Answer

Part-Time Data Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RetailData (Rochester, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews asking if I wanted to do surveys in the store some which I report in to store personnel others that I would be a secret shopper.Discussed how the price checks are performed.

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailData (Lufkin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, it began with a a phone screening followed with a face to face interview. Upon completion a drug screening and background check were performed; once everything was checked off, the job began immediately.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to be independent and a self starter.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailData (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview. Very easy, everything was done by email. Spoke with HR person via email, then had a phone interview with her. Not a lot of questions asked. Forwarded me to hiring manager. Had a call about 20 minutes, let me ask questions and then hired me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailData (New Orleans, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a received a phone interview within a week. After 15 minutes of hearing the hiring manager's personal story, I was offered a job and was advised that my local supervisor would call me to set up a time for training, which would be for one day. Easiest process ever, right? About a week later, I got a call from a supervisor that was based out of a town an hour away. I explained to her that I was in New Orleans, but was willing to travel (since it's for one day) as I frequently drive to her city, anyway. She said she'd call the hiring manager to see what she can do and would call me back. The call was rushed, but whatever. After I didn't receive a call back, I called the manager the next day and left a VM. He didn't call back. I emailed. No reply. I waited a month and emailed again. I don't mean to sound repetitive, but there was no reply. No less that 2.5 months after the initial interview, I received a call from the manager and in the VM he stated that my paperwork "sorta slipped through the cracks" and would like to set up a time to have a supervisor train me. I decided to reciprocate his actions, or lack thereof, and ignore it. The company had all of the nerve to email me rescinding the job offer. I laughed. Blackball me by all means.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailData (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

1st interview was over the phone. It went very smooth 2nd interview was with district manager. It was at Starbucks. She made me feel very comfortable. She was relaxed which made me comfortable.

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RetailData (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Met in Starbucks. Got a mind-numbing interview asking the basic "are you interested? do you have transportation? are you good at self-management and time?"
    OH. They won't interview you until more than 3 weeks after you've applied. They need(ed) people, and still struggled to be timely with their hiring processes.

Interview Questions

• "do you have reliable transportation?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation, as much as a "here's the job. You in?"

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailData (Manchester, NH) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was very laid back and fun. The interviewer made you feel very comfortable, which made it easy to be yourself. The questions weren't too difficult, so if you are prepared and research the job then it's not so bad. I had to do a video interview through a smartphone app, which was different but it worked just fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employer questioning you while collecting data?   1 Answer