RetailMeNot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RetailMeNot Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX).

Interview

Standard software engineering interview process at RetailMeNot. There was a phone Screen followed by 5 on-site interviews in Austin over the course of a day. Most questions were standard whiteboarding questions followed by a final round with a Director/VP.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't particularly difficult, just standard CS fundamental questions using Hashmaps + Trees.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an in house recruiter. He walked me through the process and was extremely helpful in answering my questions and addressing my concerns.

I then spoke with the hiring manager out of their Austin office. He gave me an overview of the company and we discussed the companies needs for the position. Overall it was a very positive and relaxed conversation.

A week later I had a phone interview with a small group where we discussed my experience/skill sets and answered java specific questions. We went through a coding exercise where we worked on an optimization routine relevant to the companies domain.

Lastly I was scheduled for an in person interview at their Phoenix offices. Travel was taken care of by the company and was painless for me. The interview process was several hours with multiple groups. Each group asked varying levels of questions about my experience, preferred work environments with a final longer technical interview where we whiteboarded several solutions (pseudo code and architecture/design). I was treated to a lunch with the team and had a chance to get to know them on a more personable level.

The entire experience was enjoyable, exciting, and relaxed. I felt like I was being welcomed to a family!

Interview Questions

• General java data types, collections, service communication.

Optimize coupons to a cart items to give to biggest discount.

Code examples for optimized return values from multiple data streams.
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contact for an initial phone interview with a recruiter from RetailMeNot. That went well so I was immediately scheduled for a phone interview with a hiring manager. That went well also, so I was asked to come into the office the following week. I was living out of state, and RetailMeNot took care of all the arrangements to fly me down and have me stay in a hotel. After interviewing with members of the team, I traveled back home. The hospitality from RetailMeNot was outstanding, I felt very welcomed and everyone I interviewed with was super nice! I can see why it is a great place to work, because the people make it great!

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your priorities that are demanded from you by different members of senior management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I was recruited at a career fair and was given an interview on my college campus. I was then Invited to their Austin headquarters and had 5 interviews. The offices were so nice and I had such a great time meeting everyone. Interviewing was quite informal, we could wear

Interview Questions

• 0/1 knapsack, return pairs of all ints that add up to a given number, Scheduling given peoples' start and end free times, edit distance given a dictionary.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair. Got scheduled for on-campus on the same afternoon. Then an on-campus interview on next Monday. The interview goes smoothly, and the interviewer is very nice! A good interview experience. Currently moving on to on-site.

Interview Questions

• Question about getting a smallest total price with coupons you have. Generally using greedy algorithm works. Followup is like if the products and coupons should be divided into different categories.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

This was for a new grad position for graduating Spring 2017.
    I talked to the RetailMeNot engineers and recruiters at my school's career fair and was scheduled later that night for an on campus interview later that week. During this first interview I worked through some problems with two of their engineers and received good feedback. I was asked to do an onsite interview and was flown into Austin for a few days. The on site was the whole day and consisted of multiple technical interviews with the engineers, one with a VP, and one with an HR rep. I was able to answer all of the interview questions without too much difficulty, and enjoyed learning about the culture at RMN. Everyone seemed to be relaxed and enjoyed where they were. We had lunch and dinner as well with the other interviewees and some full time employees. Afterwards they gave us a google cardboard and some delicious cookies as a thank you.

Unfortunately I received a call two weeks later that I would not be getting an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter after the career fair. Set up my on-campus interview the next at my school. It went pretty well in my opinion. However, I never heard a single word from the recruiter since then. After a month, I emailed the recruiter and asked if there was any update from my interview. She sent me a reply a week or two after saying that I need to complete a coding challenge. I was really confused because she had told me on the day of my interview that the next step would be onsite. I lost interest immediately. The recruiting process was just too painful. To have me wait a month without any update and then told me that I have to do a coding challenge was just odd. I never received any update from my interview - whether I passed or didn't. Nothing. I was just dropped. Not a reject or offer. (But I had to choose one so I just selected no for the offer for glassdoor)

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair at university, had an on-campus interview, after which i received an email about onsite. The onsite interview consisted of several hour long whiteboard interviews, and they showed us around the facility, took us to lunch, etc. Overall, it was a very fun and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked to do some text parsing / manipulation, another question about making a slightly modified minimum spanning tree, and various other simple hashmap / dictionary questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the career fair and got a call about two days later to come for an on-site interview. The interview itself was one-on-one; I was put in some hot, crummy room, which made me a little sick when I began to do the whiteboard coding questions.

Also, after giving the whiteboard question, I asked the interviewer for some examples. One of his examples had the wrong answer, which tripped me up because I couldn't find a pattern to construct an algorithm. As a result, it took almost the whole interview for me to come up with a solution.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of products and a list of coupons where each coupon can only be used once, compute the lowest net product price.   Answer Question
    • Why would you use a linked list over an array?   Answer Question
    • What are the time complexity differences between operations on singly linked lists and doubly linked lists?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

My experience started with a preliminary HR phone call, then a department head phone call followed by a an afternoon of in person meetings.

My in person meetings took about 3 hours in which I was able to meet with not only people from the department I was interviewing for but other departments as well. I was promptly updated with next steps the very next day!

From first submitting my application to the in person meeting it was over the span of about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the company and role at hand?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience delivery both positive and negative campaign results to a client?   Answer Question
    • What are some company values that stood out to you or that you aligned with?   Answer Question