RetailMeNot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RetailMeNot Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Received a call from a hiring manager that was asked about my experience and made me questions about their website.
    Interviewer was aggressive; I would even say rude.
    I have done many interviews (face to face and over the phone) and this was the shortest and most harsh. In the end I felt like she called me just because she had to (maybe she needed to reach a number).
    Before almost hanging up on me, she said that they were not looking for somone with <my experience>, although by email she had said "what a great resume".
    Huh. Why calling me, then?

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our current website?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX).

Interview

Standard software engineering interview process at RetailMeNot. There was a phone Screen followed by 5 on-site interviews in Austin over the course of a day. Most questions were standard whiteboarding questions followed by a final round with a Director/VP.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't particularly difficult, just standard CS fundamental questions using Hashmaps + Trees.   Answer Question

Senior Back-end PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview covers basic SQL questions on the phone.
    Second interview consist of 2 algorithms on a whiteboard and a written SQL test. You are going to meet 5 people in 3 hours, and whiteboard practical test is the most important, it does not matter if you are doing a very good job on written SQL test.

Interview Questions

• [1,6,5,4,2] -> write an algorithm to return second larger number in the array, in this case number 5   1 Answer
    • $a = "VeryLongString"; return char that appears only once.   1 Answer
    • SQL: you have a table with customers, with gender m and f. Write a query to update m with f, f with m in a single query, without temporary tables   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process at RetailMeNot was amazing! I applied online after seeing a job posting on the corporate site. I was contacted by a recruiter a couple days later to set up a phone interview. We discussed my background and the basic responsibilities of the position. The recruiter was very well-versed in everything RetailMeNot and made me feel very comfortable about moving forward. After this call, I was asked to speak directly with the hiring manager via phone. The call lasted approximately 30 minutes and was very conversational. I dove a little deeper into my background and experience. The hiring manager seemed generally interested in what I had to say. Following this call, I was asked to come in for a half-day of 1-on-1 interviews with members of the RetailMeNot team. While this may seem daunting, the time actually went by very quick. I met with about 5 people, including the hiring manager whom I had spoken to a couple days prior. Each employee was deeply passionate for RetailMeNot and what I had to offer the company. I can't say enough about how nice everyone was. Following the half day of interviews, I was given a tour of the office (the campus is super cool btw). I was told they would be following up with me regarding next steps. And they actually did! They called a couple days later with an offer. After a little negotiation, I signed on the dotted line. When you combine the top-notch perks/benefits with people that are truly passionate about what they do, it's a win-win. Thank you RetailMeNot for a great recruiting experience and best of luck to those interested in applying!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used the RetailMeNot site/app?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter was interested in understanding my financial expectations and worked hard to make sure I was happy with my offer.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of about a 4 hour panel of rotating 1:1's with various people in HR and Recruiting. They would test over competencies ranging from what if scenarios - knowledge of specific HR processes.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The in-person interview was very long as you interview with everyone on the team. However, everyone is so great that the time flew by quickly and it was pretty fun. It just got a bit repetitive talking to everyone about the same things over and over since each person interviews individually.

Interview Questions

• There are questions about your personality and about your experience. If you don't like the people you interview with, don't join the team. But I really liked everyone and I've enjoyed working here ever since.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked with the recruiter at my school's career fair. Had an on campus interview with them shortly after. Then I was invited to interview in Austin with couple of their engineers. The engineers took the group of interviewees out for dinner on the first day. The second day consisted or 5 interviews with a lunch break in the middle. There were 3 45 minute technical interview which tested your knowledge of data structures and algorithm. After each problem they also asked for the asymptotic complexity. The other two interview were with HR and a manager. Overall the whole interview process was enjoyable, Austin is a great place, and the interviewers were always very engaged and helpful.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Champaign, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I talked to them during career fair and got an onsite interview. It was a white board coding challenge that implements a puzzle. It wasn't that hard and the interviewer keeps give me hint but I was a bit nervous.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

I handed in my resume at a college recruiting event. Then was invited for a phone interview a day later. The interview was on the phone but I was asked to use coderpad.io for the programming.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of single digit numbers, return the index of the first smallest prime number. Where the prime number is made by combining the numbers. So for [1, 0, 7, 6, 7, 2, 9, 2], the index returned would be 3, since 107 is the first prime. And what's the complexity.   Answer Question
    • Given an array of single digit numbers, return all the index's of the first smallest prime number. Continue the search from the index found. The prime number is made by combining the numbers. Must be recursive. So for [1, 0, 7, 6, 7, 2, 9, 2], the indexes returned will be 3, 5, 6. The remaining numbers 9 and 2 will not be considered.   Answer Question
    • Given an array of single digit numbers, return all the index's of the first smallest prime number. Continue the search from the index found. The prime number is made by combining the numbers. However, if there are numbers remaining, then go back a choose new indexes to make sure the array can be split into all prime numbers. So for [1, 0, 7, 6, 7, 2, 9, 2], the indexes returned will be 3, 5, 7.   Answer Question

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I met with several members of the marketing team, a representative from human resources and a few representatives from other departments that I would be working with on a frequent basis. They provided a lunch break. The interview was a combination of talking about the company's vision for the future and questions about how in my role I could help the business grow.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to work for RetailMeNot. It was pretty clear they wanted someone who wanted to help build the company and not just punch a clock.   1 Answer