RetailMeNot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.9

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

First interviewed on campus, and was asked some easy problems about OO, and a simple problem about detecting duplicate items in an array.
    Invited to Austin to get the on-site interview. I was not prepared well so I didn't perform well in the process. But the problems are not that tough. If you have some basic ideas on linked list, hashmap, tree,etc, I think you can handle that. Also, they focus on web development so they might prefer people who knows python and php.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview after I met an engineer at a fair on campus. The question had to do with sorting through a array of deals to determine the most commonly used words.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

I had an hour long on-campus interview the day after the career fair that they called and invited me to the morning of. It was a technical interview and they only asked one question, but every time I got it a new twist was added to the problem to make me change or expand my answer. Coding was done on paper, not pseudo code.

Interview Questions

• You have a list of tv episodes in the order they were aired (most recent last in the list). Develop an algorithm to determine which episode should be aired next, based on which episode was aired the least recently.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submit resume through the campus interview, answered some simple questions on the career fair and got an technical interview the day after the campus career fair. The interviews are mostly technical questions.

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

I submitted my application through my college career center. I heard back from the recruiter within several weeks and scheduled a phone interview. The recruiter asked general questions about my interest in the position as well as my previous experiences. The recruiter also asked many technical questions, which did not require much knowledge of syntax per say but lots of problem solving and logical capabilities. I think this is where I stumbled and why I was not invited back for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Many logic based questions of about equal difficulty, very similar to those asked for other software engineering positions.   Answer Question

Partner Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

Process took several weeks. Phone interviews and on-site interview with Partner Management team from VP, Account Director, Partner Manager and Coordinator. You will have multiple individual interviews over several hours and then the team comes back together in a round table format to determine any next steps.

I'm not going to share any competitive detail about the company, team structure changes or salary except that if you want this job? ....Your resume is secondary. Lots of people can do the job, it's not hard. Don't spend all your time researching and educating yourself on the company, industry and role. Your passion for affiliate marketing is primary and you absolutely have to demonstrate that it excites you. ....and they have to like you and believe you!

Interview Questions

• There are absolutely no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Saw an ad for the open position online and sent in my resume. I was contacted within a few hours with the request to schedule a phone screen. Was initially excited that they moved so quickly, and scheduled the first call for the following Monday.
    From the moment the recruiter got on the line, it seemed completely unprofessional and was a total waste of my time. She barely guided the conversation at all, so when I took the lead and gave an overview of my background, she sounded very uninterested. Half the time she was talking to people beside her in the office and not participating in the phone conversation. When it was time to wrap up the call, it was a very cold and short "ok bye" and nothing else.
    A couple hours later, I received an email from her saying that they are going to pass at this time and that they have a couple of candidates further along in the process.
    First off, if you have candidates further along in the process, wouldn't you want to see if one of them works out before continuing to interview other people? Second, if you are going to interview additional people, why waste their time if you are not seriously considering them?

This interview left a very sour taste. I felt disrespected and that I wasted a valuable 30 mins in my day that could've easily been spent on doing something far more productive than speaking to someone, who initiated the conversation, but then decided they didn't care.

Interview Questions

• No real questions were asked by this recruiter. She seemed uninterested altogether.   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 7 employee at RMN individually during a day. There were visual designers, UX designers, creative lead, and so forth. Each of them asked me to walk through my favorite project.

Analyst - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was 3 rounds; 1. Std HR 2. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager 3. Onsite Interview
    The HR and hiring manager rounds were quite simple. Mostly resume based and past experience based. Onsite round was quite long with around 8 people all back to back with no gaps. I almost felt that it was too much and there was no substance to any of the questions.

Weird thing is they asked a lot about my current company. It was very odd to say sorry that's proprietary information to almost every interviewer. I found it too unethical.
    Finally they recruiter called me to give me a made up excuse. I found this company to be completely unethical. The worst part is to have people prepare for interviews and waste days of their time; and then not even take the hiring process seriously. Stay away!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when ....   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter after the career fair. Set up my on-campus interview the next at my school. It went pretty well in my opinion. However, I never heard a single word from the recruiter since then. After a month, I emailed the recruiter and asked if there was any update from my interview. She sent me a reply a week or two after saying that I need to complete a coding challenge. I was really confused because she had told me on the day of my interview that the next step would be onsite. I lost interest immediately. The recruiting process was just too painful. To have me wait a month without any update and then told me that I have to do a coding challenge was just odd. I never received any update from my interview - whether I passed or didn't. Nothing. I was just dropped. Not a reject or offer. (But I had to choose one so I just selected no for the offer for glassdoor)