RetailMeNot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RetailMeNot Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I was recruited at a career fair and was given an interview on my college campus. I was then Invited to their Austin headquarters and had 5 interviews. The offices were so nice and I had such a great time meeting everyone. Interviewing was quite informal, we could wear

Interview Questions

• 0/1 knapsack, return pairs of all ints that add up to a given number, Scheduling given peoples' start and end free times, edit distance given a dictionary.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair. Got scheduled for on-campus on the same afternoon. Then an on-campus interview on next Monday. The interview goes smoothly, and the interviewer is very nice! A good interview experience. Currently moving on to on-site.

Interview Questions

• Question about getting a smallest total price with coupons you have. Generally using greedy algorithm works. Followup is like if the products and coupons should be divided into different categories.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

This was for a new grad position for graduating Spring 2017.
    I talked to the RetailMeNot engineers and recruiters at my school's career fair and was scheduled later that night for an on campus interview later that week. During this first interview I worked through some problems with two of their engineers and received good feedback. I was asked to do an onsite interview and was flown into Austin for a few days. The on site was the whole day and consisted of multiple technical interviews with the engineers, one with a VP, and one with an HR rep. I was able to answer all of the interview questions without too much difficulty, and enjoyed learning about the culture at RMN. Everyone seemed to be relaxed and enjoyed where they were. We had lunch and dinner as well with the other interviewees and some full time employees. Afterwards they gave us a google cardboard and some delicious cookies as a thank you.

Unfortunately I received a call two weeks later that I would not be getting an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter after the career fair. Set up my on-campus interview the next at my school. It went pretty well in my opinion. However, I never heard a single word from the recruiter since then. After a month, I emailed the recruiter and asked if there was any update from my interview. She sent me a reply a week or two after saying that I need to complete a coding challenge. I was really confused because she had told me on the day of my interview that the next step would be onsite. I lost interest immediately. The recruiting process was just too painful. To have me wait a month without any update and then told me that I have to do a coding challenge was just odd. I never received any update from my interview - whether I passed or didn't. Nothing. I was just dropped. Not a reject or offer. (But I had to choose one so I just selected no for the offer for glassdoor)

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair at university, had an on-campus interview, after which i received an email about onsite. The onsite interview consisted of several hour long whiteboard interviews, and they showed us around the facility, took us to lunch, etc. Overall, it was a very fun and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked to do some text parsing / manipulation, another question about making a slightly modified minimum spanning tree, and various other simple hashmap / dictionary questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the career fair and got a call about two days later to come for an on-site interview. The interview itself was one-on-one; I was put in some hot, crummy room, which made me a little sick when I began to do the whiteboard coding questions.

Also, after giving the whiteboard question, I asked the interviewer for some examples. One of his examples had the wrong answer, which tripped me up because I couldn't find a pattern to construct an algorithm. As a result, it took almost the whole interview for me to come up with a solution.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of products and a list of coupons where each coupon can only be used once, compute the lowest net product price.   Answer Question
    • Why would you use a linked list over an array?   Answer Question
    • What are the time complexity differences between operations on singly linked lists and doubly linked lists?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

My experience started with a preliminary HR phone call, then a department head phone call followed by a an afternoon of in person meetings.

My in person meetings took about 3 hours in which I was able to meet with not only people from the department I was interviewing for but other departments as well. I was promptly updated with next steps the very next day!

From first submitting my application to the in person meeting it was over the span of about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the company and role at hand?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience delivery both positive and negative campaign results to a client?   Answer Question
    • What are some company values that stood out to you or that you aligned with?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process at RetailMeNot was amazing! I applied online after seeing a job posting on the corporate site. I was contacted by a recruiter a couple days later to set up a phone interview. We discussed my background and the basic responsibilities of the position. The recruiter was very well-versed in everything RetailMeNot and made me feel very comfortable about moving forward. After this call, I was asked to speak directly with the hiring manager via phone. The call lasted approximately 30 minutes and was very conversational. I dove a little deeper into my background and experience. The hiring manager seemed generally interested in what I had to say. Following this call, I was asked to come in for a half-day of 1-on-1 interviews with members of the RetailMeNot team. While this may seem daunting, the time actually went by very quick. I met with about 5 people, including the hiring manager whom I had spoken to a couple days prior. Each employee was deeply passionate for RetailMeNot and what I had to offer the company. I can't say enough about how nice everyone was. Following the half day of interviews, I was given a tour of the office (the campus is super cool btw). I was told they would be following up with me regarding next steps. And they actually did! They called a couple days later with an offer. After a little negotiation, I signed on the dotted line. When you combine the top-notch perks/benefits with people that are truly passionate about what they do, it's a win-win. Thank you RetailMeNot for a great recruiting experience and best of luck to those interested in applying!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used the RetailMeNot site/app?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter was interested in understanding my financial expectations and worked hard to make sure I was happy with my offer.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

I submitted my application and approximately (2) weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter. They scheduled a phone interview within (1) week and a follow up interview within less than (2) days. The
    interview was quite conversational and felt like a great fit. Unfortunately, schedules did not align and we were unable to arrange travel to meet the team.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I had such a great interview process, I'm really sad I didn't get the position. The interview took about 2 hours but I didn't feel stressed at all. Everyone I talked with was so warm and friendly. I hope to work with them in the future.

Interview Questions

See What RetailMeNot Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros: “When the company first started many years ago, it was stretched thin and there were a lot of opportunities to move up quickly and make a big difference. Now that we've grown into a...”“When the company first started many years ago, it was stretched thin and there were a lot of opportunities to move up quickly and make a big difference. Now that we've grown into a more mature company, it's harder to make a 'big splash', but generally if you're hired and you're doing well, after about 1-2 years you'll start to take on more and more responsibilities, and from there you can only go up - but it's essential that you seek them out and not get discouraged, and you take that first 1-2 years seriously...it's almost a litmus test. But once you get that first promotion, the doors start opening wider. Also, Networking and building a positive reputation, as cliche as it is, really helps. Everyone knows everyone in a company of 350 (350 in TX at least). Friendly atmosphere, and people who are really trying to do well. Work life balance is excellent. Good culture and values, supported by personal beliefs.” – Full Review