RetailMeNot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RetailMeNot Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the career fair and got a call about two days later to come for an on-site interview. The interview itself was one-on-one; I was put in some hot, crummy room, which made me a little sick when I began to do the whiteboard coding questions.

Also, after giving the whiteboard question, I asked the interviewer for some examples. One of his examples had the wrong answer, which tripped me up because I couldn't find a pattern to construct an algorithm. As a result, it took almost the whole interview for me to come up with a solution.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of products and a list of coupons where each coupon can only be used once, compute the lowest net product price.   Answer Question
    • Why would you use a linked list over an array?   Answer Question
    • What are the time complexity differences between operations on singly linked lists and doubly linked lists?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

My experience started with a preliminary HR phone call, then a department head phone call followed by a an afternoon of in person meetings.

My in person meetings took about 3 hours in which I was able to meet with not only people from the department I was interviewing for but other departments as well. I was promptly updated with next steps the very next day!

From first submitting my application to the in person meeting it was over the span of about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the company and role at hand?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience delivery both positive and negative campaign results to a client?   Answer Question
    • What are some company values that stood out to you or that you aligned with?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process at RetailMeNot was amazing! I applied online after seeing a job posting on the corporate site. I was contacted by a recruiter a couple days later to set up a phone interview. We discussed my background and the basic responsibilities of the position. The recruiter was very well-versed in everything RetailMeNot and made me feel very comfortable about moving forward. After this call, I was asked to speak directly with the hiring manager via phone. The call lasted approximately 30 minutes and was very conversational. I dove a little deeper into my background and experience. The hiring manager seemed generally interested in what I had to say. Following this call, I was asked to come in for a half-day of 1-on-1 interviews with members of the RetailMeNot team. While this may seem daunting, the time actually went by very quick. I met with about 5 people, including the hiring manager whom I had spoken to a couple days prior. Each employee was deeply passionate for RetailMeNot and what I had to offer the company. I can't say enough about how nice everyone was. Following the half day of interviews, I was given a tour of the office (the campus is super cool btw). I was told they would be following up with me regarding next steps. And they actually did! They called a couple days later with an offer. After a little negotiation, I signed on the dotted line. When you combine the top-notch perks/benefits with people that are truly passionate about what they do, it's a win-win. Thank you RetailMeNot for a great recruiting experience and best of luck to those interested in applying!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used the RetailMeNot site/app?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter was interested in understanding my financial expectations and worked hard to make sure I was happy with my offer.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

I submitted my application and approximately (2) weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter. They scheduled a phone interview within (1) week and a follow up interview within less than (2) days. The
    interview was quite conversational and felt like a great fit. Unfortunately, schedules did not align and we were unable to arrange travel to meet the team.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I had such a great interview process, I'm really sad I didn't get the position. The interview took about 2 hours but I didn't feel stressed at all. Everyone I talked with was so warm and friendly. I hope to work with them in the future.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

- Contacted by HR about 3 weeks after I applied online
    - Had a phone interview with HR 2 to 3 days after initial email
    - Had phone call with hiring manager a week or so after HR phone call
    - Had on-site interview about 2 weeks after phone call with hiring manager
    - The on-site was several 30 minute interviews with individual people on the team, as well as other people that would work directly with the person in the position
    - The interviewers asked questions to assess culture fit, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and general organization

Analyst - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was 3 rounds; 1. Std HR 2. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager 3. Onsite Interview
    The HR and hiring manager rounds were quite simple. Mostly resume based and past experience based. Onsite round was quite long with around 8 people all back to back with no gaps. I almost felt that it was too much and there was no substance to any of the questions.

Weird thing is they asked a lot about my current company. It was very odd to say sorry that's proprietary information to almost every interviewer. I found it too unethical.
    Finally they recruiter called me to give me a made up excuse. I found this company to be completely unethical. The worst part is to have people prepare for interviews and waste days of their time; and then not even take the hiring process seriously. Stay away!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when ....   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were two rounds of phone screenings, 1st with a recruiter, 2nd with the lead designer. A couple weeks later I was asked to interview in person. The interview consisted of six 1:1 interviews, and a panel presentation with the design team. The interview felt pretty average and lasted about 5 hours.

I was given a tour around the office by the VP creative then again by the recruiter. After that they walked me through the employee benefits and perks package and we discussed when I'd be able to start. I was feeling fairly confident I had gotten the job....

I interviewed on a friday and they said they would contact me early the following week. I never heard back so I gave them a couple more days before writing the recruiter. A day or so later she left me a short VM stating they were going to continue interviewing and they really enjoyed meeting me and loved my work. I felt this was a little open-ended so I tried reaching out to the recruiter again but she had quit. So I tried the lead designer but she never responded.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

The interview process was not necessarily abnormal just slightly unprofessional. I had 2 phone interviews, one that the interviewer was 20 minutes late to. I was moved ahead to the next step, and less than 24 hours before the interview I was asked to create a presentation that I would present at the end of the interview. When I went in for the 3 hour interview, a couple people were very ill prepared and I felt a little confused as to why that particular person was interviewing me.

The worst part is I had the interview on a Monday and they said they would contact by the end of the week. I never heard back and gave it till Wednesday of the next week before I sent them a follow up email, and I still have never heard back from them. I ended up probably spending around 6 hours interviewing/creating the presentation and they never even told me that I didn't get the job? Very unprofessional.

They also spent about 15 minutes telling me about how their stock is falling rapidly but they're working to increase it.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of about a 4 hour panel of rotating 1:1's with various people in HR and Recruiting. They would test over competencies ranging from what if scenarios - knowledge of specific HR processes.