RetailMeNot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was 3 rounds; 1. Std HR 2. Phone Interview with Hiring Manager 3. Onsite Interview
    The HR and hiring manager rounds were quite simple. Mostly resume based and past experience based. Onsite round was quite long with around 8 people all back to back with no gaps. I almost felt that it was too much and there was no substance to any of the questions.

Weird thing is they asked a lot about my current company. It was very odd to say sorry that's proprietary information to almost every interviewer. I found it too unethical.
    Finally they recruiter called me to give me a made up excuse. I found this company to be completely unethical. The worst part is to have people prepare for interviews and waste days of their time; and then not even take the hiring process seriously. Stay away!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when ....   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were two rounds of phone screenings, 1st with a recruiter, 2nd with the lead designer. A couple weeks later I was asked to interview in person. The interview consisted of six 1:1 interviews, and a panel presentation with the design team. The interview felt pretty average and lasted about 5 hours.

I was given a tour around the office by the VP creative then again by the recruiter. After that they walked me through the employee benefits and perks package and we discussed when I'd be able to start. I was feeling fairly confident I had gotten the job....

I interviewed on a friday and they said they would contact me early the following week. I never heard back so I gave them a couple more days before writing the recruiter. A day or so later she left me a short VM stating they were going to continue interviewing and they really enjoyed meeting me and loved my work. I felt this was a little open-ended so I tried reaching out to the recruiter again but she had quit. So I tried the lead designer but she never responded.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

The interview process was not necessarily abnormal just slightly unprofessional. I had 2 phone interviews, one that the interviewer was 20 minutes late to. I was moved ahead to the next step, and less than 24 hours before the interview I was asked to create a presentation that I would present at the end of the interview. When I went in for the 3 hour interview, a couple people were very ill prepared and I felt a little confused as to why that particular person was interviewing me.

The worst part is I had the interview on a Monday and they said they would contact by the end of the week. I never heard back and gave it till Wednesday of the next week before I sent them a follow up email, and I still have never heard back from them. I ended up probably spending around 6 hours interviewing/creating the presentation and they never even told me that I didn't get the job? Very unprofessional.

They also spent about 15 minutes telling me about how their stock is falling rapidly but they're working to increase it.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RetailMeNot in March 2016.

Interview

The office is very beautiful. Dream work space for people who want to work in advertising industry. The lady that was interviewing me wasn't very pleasant though. The questions she asked wasn't even professional. More like where do you like to shop and how you shop. I didn't get the job. And I don't understand how she could make a decision about my professional experience if she didn't asks enough. I think she just didn't like me.

Summer Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

Was a pretty casual on-campus interview with an alum. Asked me to write out some code on paper and then perform some basic asymptotic analysis. Typical technical interview with a little bit of "tell me about yourself" at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Write code to find prime numbers and store every fifth in an array. Modify said code to meet new requirements. Perform asymptotic analysis for final-version code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

My first interview was on my college campus after a career fair. Standard whiteboard interview with two interviewers in the room. Asked to solve a basic graph traversal problem disguised as a game board based on chutes and ladders.

Second round interview was at their Austin, TX office. Great experience in Austin and they bought all interviewees dinner the night before and lunch the day of the interviews. Four interviews, each with one interviewer asking various whiteboard questions. Some were very easy, but one interviewer asked a question that started easy and worked its way into being a dynamic programming question. I only had 10 minutes remaining in the interview when the DP question was presented, which I found odd and unfair.

After the four whiteboard interviews, there was a personality interview with an engineering manager that simply discussed career goals and fit with the company.

Finally, I was given a small gift box of cookies and some RetailMeNot promotional items (google cardboard and stickers) as a thank you for interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of billboards along a highway where each billboard has a visibility rating (higher visibility is better) and a location, create a function that chooses the best set of billboards to purchase along the highway given that no two selected billboards are within a certain distance (so the function takes two parameters: number of billboards to select and minimum distance between any two selected billboards)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

I handed in my resume at a college recruiting event. Then was invited for a phone interview a day later. The interview was on the phone but I was asked to use coderpad.io for the programming.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of single digit numbers, return the index of the first smallest prime number. Where the prime number is made by combining the numbers. So for [1, 0, 7, 6, 7, 2, 9, 2], the index returned would be 3, since 107 is the first prime. And what's the complexity.   Answer Question
    • Given an array of single digit numbers, return all the index's of the first smallest prime number. Continue the search from the index found. The prime number is made by combining the numbers. Must be recursive. So for [1, 0, 7, 6, 7, 2, 9, 2], the indexes returned will be 3, 5, 6. The remaining numbers 9 and 2 will not be considered.   Answer Question
    • Given an array of single digit numbers, return all the index's of the first smallest prime number. Continue the search from the index found. The prime number is made by combining the numbers. However, if there are numbers remaining, then go back a choose new indexes to make sure the array can be split into all prime numbers. So for [1, 0, 7, 6, 7, 2, 9, 2], the indexes returned will be 3, 5, 7.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RetailMeNot in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and helpful during solving the problem. Started with asking me about my project. They asked the language i was familiar with and my coding was done in Java. In the end they asked if i had any questions abt the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your projects?
      Design a snake and ladder game?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had one on-campus interview with them immediately after the career fair. It was in two parts - first 10 min behavioral then technical. There were 2 interviewers. The technical interview lasted about 40 min because I wasn't able to detect a breaking condition on the algo that I wrote.

Interview Questions

• The question was - Test a game of snakes and ladders from a given array of positions that were played.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Champaign, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I talked to them during career fair and got an onsite interview. It was a white board coding challenge that implements a puzzle. It wasn't that hard and the interviewer keeps give me hint but I was a bit nervous.