RetailMeNot Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RetailMeNot Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at RetailMeNot

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the career fair in the Fall through a friend who was a previous Software Engineering intern. The recruiter contacted me in the Spring asking to interview. It was a while before we were able to set this up. The interview with the HR rep were basic questions about my background, work experience, previous projects. Then an interview with the coordinator of the PM internship program (which was very small, I think 2 total PM interns). I then had another interview with another PM, which was similar, just a different perspective. Ultimately was too late in the process, they had already hired interns.

Interview Questions

• Something about discussing trade-offs of making a decision yielding higher profit but negative from a product standpoint...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RetailMeNot

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

I submitted my application and approximately (2) weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter. They scheduled a phone interview within (1) week and a follow up interview within less than (2) days. The
    interview was quite conversational and felt like a great fit. Unfortunately, schedules did not align and we were unable to arrange travel to meet the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

First off, They are looking for people who are self-starters, highly entrepreneurial, have great business sense, and good in technology.

It all started by applying to the website, within 24 hours they contacted me via email and set-up a phone interview with the recruiter. It was basically going over my history. I had a good conversation with the recruiter, and they set-up a phone interview with a Product Manager at the company for a few days later.

That phone interview was basically a repeat, discussing my history and why I was interested in Product management. After that phone interview, they set-up an onsite interview (I live in Austin) for about a week later. The on-site interview was with 5 people, a developer, product manager, business dev, Director of Product and Senior Director of Product.

In all honesty, the interviews didn't seem hard. It was basically a conversation of what they did, and what I have done. I came in well prepared knowing everything about the company, it's strategy, products, and even did background research on the people who would be interviewing me. I had about two pages of questions for each person interviewing me. I was also interviewing them. :-)

I honestly enjoyed the conversations, and perhaps this was one of the reasons I didn't get hired. I was so relaxed that we had great conversations that got a bit side-tracked on technology and innovation. See my post-moratum for details on that.

I left the interviews pretty confident.

The next morning I got an email from the recruiter saying thanks for my time, but I they decided not to go with me.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, the development interview was probably the hardest because I hadn't prepared for it. I come from a deep technical background, but wasn't in that mind-set during the interview, so took me some seconds to find the answers. They were actually very basic questions, that I made harder than they really were. I got the correct answers, and in a follow-up post-moratum interview with the Developer, he said that wasn't a problem, I passed the technical interview.

There were questions on how to improve the products and coming up with new products in their market. Honestly that's not hard if you ever used their products and spent 5 min on their site. It's full of opportunities to improve. They have bought many different coupon sites, so integration and innovation has a lot of room to improve.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at RetailMeNot in March 2013.

Interview

Thought we had a good conversation, went way over the allotted time frame via phone. I asked a lot of questions and talked about my experience. I thought things went well; I have a lot of experience and expressed my interest in their company via my questions. I was told I would hear back two days later...it has now been a week...and no call

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary...basic questions about my experience and why my interest in their company.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailMeNot in September 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume online the recruiter contacted me within a couple of days to setup a phone call. She was very friendly during the interview set-up process and during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX).

Interview

The whole process was well managed and iterative. They were timely in their responses and open about the stages. All interviewers were engaged and courteous. At times there were multiple people and at other times 1:1. The questions were all related to the job itself and my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Create a business model to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

My first contact was through a recruiter. I worked with her previously so she was already familiar with my background. My next interview was with the VP of Product Management. The tone was very relaxed and flowed like a good conversation. Even though it was scheduled late in the day there was good energy all the way to the end. The next phase was an in-person interview at the office. This lasted all day and involved several people who rotated every 45 minutes. Retail Me Not provided lunch which facilitated interviews going the entire time. It sounds hectic, but Retail Me Not really puts a lot of effort into making it a relaxed experience. While they snuck in several "tell me about a time" style of question, the overall feeling was very conversational. Most importantly, each person took the time to make sure that I was able to ask any questions that I had. There were some tricky questions in there, but more than just technical ability they wanted to verify how well you would fit into the company's culture. That part really stands out about the process.

Interview Questions

• We really encourage our employees to share their knowledge and experience with each other to help each other grow. Tell me 2 things that you will bring that you can share with others.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when Agile failed you.   1 Answer

RetailMeNot Response

Nov 7, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for this feedback. Our people make us who were are so take a lot of care in our selection process. It's great to hear that you had a great candidate experience during your interview process.... More