RetailMeNot Quality Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Quality Assurance

Create your profile to get personalized information

RetailMeNot Quality Assurance Interview Questions

Interviews at RetailMeNot

1.0

Featured Interview

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process it is the most transparent I've done in my career. Since the moment you get a phone call from the HR personnel they will guide you step by step the entire process. You immediately feel there's a human on the other side rather than a simply recruiter call which sometimes can be cold and you feel just like a number. Each step you take, from a phone interview with the hiring manager will be explained in detail, there are also plenty of allowances regarding scheduling, flexible people.

Interview Questions

• plenty of technical questions to be listed here, prepare yourself as this company is very well prepared to take on all topics related to your position as it shall be.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RetailMeNot

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

OK, so I have some somewhat juicy dirt on this one.

I did a phone interview with RetailMeNot. The guy asked me some really basic questions, and my answers seemed to intimidate him. He thought that OWASP was a paid security audit service, displaying his ignorance of OWASP, which is actually a 501c3 dedicated to proliferating computer security knowledge, something EVERYONE in software-as-a-service testing should know about.

Ultimately, they came back and said I was over-qualified. The exact words they used were 'We wouldn't want to put an automated scripter in a manual tester role'. I actually do both manual and auto testing, but they said I was overqualified. For an $89k/yr job. I've never in my life made that much money. If I'm over-qualified, why can't I find anyone willing to pay me more to do my job?

OK, so here's where it gets juicy: A co-worker of mine, with the exact same job title as me, at my current employer, goes up for the same role at RetailMeNot. Not only do they invite him for an onsite interview, they offered him the job! Background on this guy: by most, if not all accounts, he is less skilled than me. I'm an automator and sysadmin, and he's just a manual front-end black box tester. Ultimately, he was laid off from my current employer for being under-skilled and overpaid. He re-located to the DC area, and ended up not even wanting or taking the job that RetailMeNot offered him. But we were somewhat friendly co-workers, so I was kept informed of all this.

Not to be bitter or toot my own horn, but if you could get either of us for the same money, it makes sense, both on paper and in practice, to hire me!

The other difference between him and me: I'm white, and he's Indian. I would not have thought anything of this, if I had not read this review of RetailMeNot on Glassdoor:

'Very political environment where 'diversity & inclusivity' is a major priority as employees are divided by race & genitalia, then we're told we need more of this group and less of this group. It's rather sickening. You must think and march along with the obvious political party lines (which doesn't even have anything to do with work) or you're not in the clique.'

And there are other reviews that indicate that's the way the wind blows at this company, too... Just read through all their reviews.

What's so bad for them, is that my co-worker didn't take the job, he actually took another job, and we are still on friendly terms... so if I were to sue RetailMeNot for discrimination, he would probably testify on my behalf. Maybe someone is going to have to sue, in order to convince them to address their internal biases, and change their policy to one that is legal.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform security testing?   1 Answer

RetailMeNot Response

Jul 25, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

All who apply for a role at RetailMeNot are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. As such, our hiring decisions are based on merit, talent, skills, and experience, and not anyone’s race or national origin, as the original anonymous poster suggested.