Return Path Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Return Path Interview Questions

1. Featured Interview

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

This was the longest interview process I've ever gone through. Prepare for the long haul! First, I had a phone screen with the recruiter. Then, a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then, an in-person interview with three people - two peers and one VP. Finally, I had to do a sales pitch via Google Hangouts with two people in sales management. The whole process was lengthy but I think by having such an intensive interview process, RP knew exactly what they would be getting if they hired me, and I knew exactly what I would be getting into if I accepted the offer. It was thorough, and at the time I kept wishing it was shorter and that I got an offer sooner, but in the long run, they do it the right way.

Interview Questions

Return Path Response

May 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate your patience going through the interview process and your insight into how the process works to find the right employees! We've tried recently to speed... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Standard process. Phone interview by recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and then on site for about 3 - 4 hours. Everybody I met were super friendly and the recruiter was pro active with timely responses and the whole interview coordination process was done in a smooth and timely manner.

Interview Questions

Return Path Response

May 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience! Even though you did not receive an offer, I'm so glad to see you had friendly and responsive interactions with... More

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Return Path (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I received an invite for a coding challenge before even talking to a recruiter or anything - red flag.

They provided a screenshot and asked me to implement it using Angular, React, or Vue. The screenshot was the only spec provided, they kept saying they wanted us to make our own unique solution. Not buying it, just laziness imo.

It took about 4 hours to do the coding challenge, pretty standard and a fair amount of time. That said, again, this was the very first step, I had no chance to talk to a recruiter and learn about salary expectations, culture, etc.

I received feedback about 2 months later basically saying my solution sucked because it didn't implement several features (which we're never mentioned, again, all I had was a static image) and there were no unit tests (this was never mentioned).

I'm not trying to slam the company, they seem like nice people and did try to give positive feedback, but the hiring process needs a lot more effort on their end.

Some genuine advice for the company: if you have a particular solution in mind, you need to give more direction. Also, allow candidates to do a phone screen first, it would save time on both ends. Finally, I get people are busy, but I could see there we're only 15 people invited to the challenge, two months for generic feedback is entirely too long.

Interview Questions

• Given this screenshot and some sample JSON, implement the UI with angular, react, or vue   Answer Question

May 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience - we do find it valuable and are sorry you felt it was a negative one. We decided to to host blind challenges for some of our open roles in order... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path.

Interview

Round one is a video phone screen with an engineering lead, which is the fairly standard discussion of skill set and what Return Path is looking for. I felt like my front-end skills were a good match, but the back-end stuff we went over sounded pretty antiquated. Round two is submitting some code to them that accomplishes a specific task with a given input set. The problem was really geared toward back-end development, which was a bit odd given that I applied for a front-end role. The specification stated this should be done in "in whatever language you are most comfortable with," but apparently that's not really true. They did not like my language choice (C#) and probably never looked at what I turned in because of that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between == and === in JavaScript?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in April for this posted job. Never heard back except for an auto-generated email. Figured they weren't interested. Then in July they emailed and asked if we could have a call. I agreed. The call went well. He indicated that I'd "hear back by the end of the week" but thought they'd bring me in for an on-site interview. Three weeks have gone by and no word. Even if they do finally call/email me back, I'm done. This is no way to treat someone you're thinking of hiring.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Return Path (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I had several phone calls with the VP of Sales for a sales role at RP. I met in Manhattan F2F with the VP and a colleague.

Interview Questions

• Very easy interview questions about my sales process and some examples of great sales war storeis   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through a series of phone and in-person interviews - 5 total - with representatives from the marketing team, HR, leadership, and the team I'd be joining. After an initial screening call with HR, I had phone interviews with people I would potentially partner with in the role, had a group interview with the team I would be joining, and had phone interviews with two members of the leadership - the CMO and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Experience working in B2B. Project management style. Work environment preferences. Familiarity with email marketing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a Skype interview in March 2015. It was a technical coding interview which was pretty straightforward and some basic HR questions and questions on resume.

Interview Questions

• Count the number of words in a given text file. Could use any language.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Return Path really wants to make sure you're a great fit, both technically and culturally. I went through 4 interviews (3 phone and 1 in person), all of which had a technical component as well as a cultural component. They were definitely on the challenging side but never seemed to be insurmountable and didn't use any "gotcha" questions. Most questions seemed to be focused on getting the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your worst decision, how it affected you and how did you mitigate it?   Answer Question
    • I'm going to give you a series of pairs of words. You tell me which resonates with you more and why.   1 Answer
    • Favorite programming language and why?   1 Answer
    • Favorite text editor and why?   Answer Question
    • If you had to do the coding challenge again, what's another language you'd code it in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Due to a unique situation, I chose not to negotiate.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The process I went through was 7 weeks. I spoke with a woman on the phone initially who said she would like to move me forward. She then went on maternity leave and I thought they forgot about me. Approximately 13 days later, they reached out to do another phone interview. After that, I completed one more phone interview. I then went in and met 3 people face to face and took off an entire day of work from my current job to do so. I then did not hear back again for 2 weeks. I was then contacted to say I had moved to the final round, which was a mock sales pitch. I spoke on the phone for one hour to 6 panel members I then literally never heard a peep back. I waited 2 weeks...sent an email....another 2 weeks...sent an email. It has now been 10 months. No one even had the decency to tell me no.

Interview Questions

Return Path Response

Dec 10, 2015 – Director, People

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience and longer than normal interview process. We take a lot of pride in getting feedback to our candidates in a timely manner. While things... More