Return Path Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

This was the longest interview process I've ever gone through. Prepare for the long haul! First, I had a phone screen with the recruiter. Then, a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then, an in-person interview with three people - two peers and one VP. Finally, I had to do a sales pitch via Google Hangouts with two people in sales management. The whole process was lengthy but I think by having such an intensive interview process, RP knew exactly what they would be getting if they hired me, and I knew exactly what I would be getting into if I accepted the offer. It was thorough, and at the time I kept wishing it was shorter and that I got an offer sooner, but in the long run, they do it the right way.

Interview Questions

Return Path Response

May 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate your patience going through the interview process and your insight into how the process works to find the right employees! We've tried recently to speed... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Return Path.

Interview

Process started with an initial interview talking about the role but it wasn't really obvious from the posting nor the interview with the hiring manager after that they were looking for experts in front end of the stack.

Did a project for them, found out in a later interviews after I already spent a lot of my time that they were looking for someone else that is more front end focused.

A sprinkle of technical questions showed up in the interviews, but not really much.

Interview Questions

• What part of Return Path's core values do you align with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

For me the interview process went only as far as the initial phone screen. It was pleasant and straightforward enough, with really only one soft question. The rest was just going over the resume, describing the position, etc. It seemed to have gone reasonably well, and the recruiter (Matt) said he would be forwarding my resume to the hiring manager, but I never heard from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment at work that you are particularly proud of.   Answer Question

Jul 12, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for providing feedback from your experience interviewing with Return Path! I'm glad your call was pleasant, but apologize that you didn't hear back from us in a more timely manner regarding... More

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Return Path really wants to make sure you're a great fit, both technically and culturally. I went through 4 interviews (3 phone and 1 in person), all of which had a technical component as well as a cultural component. They were definitely on the challenging side but never seemed to be insurmountable and didn't use any "gotcha" questions. Most questions seemed to be focused on getting the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your worst decision, how it affected you and how did you mitigate it?   Answer Question
    • I'm going to give you a series of pairs of words. You tell me which resonates with you more and why.   1 Answer
    • Favorite programming language and why?   1 Answer
    • Favorite text editor and why?   Answer Question
    • If you had to do the coding challenge again, what's another language you'd code it in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Due to a unique situation, I chose not to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a Skype interview in March 2015. It was a technical coding interview which was pretty straightforward and some basic HR questions and questions on resume.

Interview Questions

• Count the number of words in a given text file. Could use any language.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in April for this posted job. Never heard back except for an auto-generated email. Figured they weren't interested. Then in July they emailed and asked if we could have a call. I agreed. The call went well. He indicated that I'd "hear back by the end of the week" but thought they'd bring me in for an on-site interview. Three weeks have gone by and no word. Even if they do finally call/email me back, I'm done. This is no way to treat someone you're thinking of hiring.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path.

Interview

Round one is a video phone screen with an engineering lead, which is the fairly standard discussion of skill set and what Return Path is looking for. I felt like my front-end skills were a good match, but the back-end stuff we went over sounded pretty antiquated. Round two is submitting some code to them that accomplishes a specific task with a given input set. The problem was really geared toward back-end development, which was a bit odd given that I applied for a front-end role. The specification stated this should be done in "in whatever language you are most comfortable with," but apparently that's not really true. They did not like my language choice (C#) and probably never looked at what I turned in because of that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between == and === in JavaScript?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Standard process. Phone interview by recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and then on site for about 3 - 4 hours. Everybody I met were super friendly and the recruiter was pro active with timely responses and the whole interview coordination process was done in a smooth and timely manner.

Interview Questions

Return Path Response

May 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience! Even though you did not receive an offer, I'm so glad to see you had friendly and responsive interactions with... More

Channel Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path in October 2014.

Interview

Very professional, interviewers arrived on time and prepared. Did first interview with HR, then hiring manager, then hiring manager plus cross functional team (5 in one day), then a follow up with hiring manager.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Return Path (Denver, CO) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied for a Web Developer position at Return Path in Denver after seeking a path to move back to the area. Made it past the initial phone screen, skills test (PHP & SQL), 2:1 interview with the development team, HR interview (x2), but in the end was offered a substantial position locally in Chicago and had to (sadly) end the interview process.

I was highly impressed with Return Path's interview process, background in their market space, and employee endorsement of their (award-winning) company culture, all of which had been explained at length to me by several company employees and discovered through personal research. They seem to have their head(s) together at Return Path, to put it succinctly. The skills test and 2:1 interview were just difficult enough to challenge me, which I quite enjoyed.

If, in the future, the opportunity presents itself to work with Return Path my resume will be over there in a heartbeat. Great people and a very fair interview process; I honestly can't speak highly enough of them.

Interview Questions

• When would an INNER JOIN be used as opposed to an OUTER JOIN?   1 Answer

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Return Path (Broomfield, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

When you read the job post... and it states that "Don’t get us wrong, it’s not easy to land a gig at RP..." this is very true! The interview process is very extensive -- anywhere between 4-12 interviews. The focus is on cultural fit. Be ready for a practical for every position.

Interview Questions

• Definitely hone your Perl / Unix command line skills...   Answer Question