Revature Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Revature

2.2

Software Develop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revature (Columbia, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through online process, very simple. They texted me saying to call them back. After calling them for 3 hours, and being hung up on over and over by the system I finally got to talk to a person. He asked me a few questions about my school. He asked me to hold on while he talked to the next level person. He came back a few minutes later telling me that people were all busy, and that they would call me ba.... that is where he hung on up me.

I have 5 years experience, in multiple languages, I lead a team of developers now, and I have every requirement and ideal requirement requested. the person I talked to barely asked me my name before they rudely hung up on me. If this is the way that they conduct initial contact, then stare clear of this company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Revature

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revature in November 2018.

Interview

First, there was a phone call about offer details was similar to a phone screening.
    Then, interview scheduled wanted a definitive response within the week to proceed with interview.
    Then, a 30 minute webcam interview took place.
    Then, formal offer with paperwork once successful.
    Straightforward process. HR was very active in communication.

Interview Questions

• What is a Class?
      What is an Object?
      What is a method?
      What are the 4 pillars of OOP and explain what they mean and how to achieve them?
      What is a Linked List?
      What are the set operators and what do they do?
      How do I retrieve rows from a table?
      What is HTML? Name me some of the tags.
      What is CSS?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revature (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

The first time i called recapture back after their numerous attempts to contact me. I was suspicious but they were very accommodating and the phone interview process happened immediately. They made it very comfortable and were easy to relax with and even offered me their number so that I could contact them with any questions. I was weary of relocating and so it was nice to hear that it wasn’t straight up no, but more of a discussion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Revature (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism. What experience do you have in back-end technologies? Do you have any web development experience? Have you completed any projects in school or internships? What college did you graduate from? This is what the interview process seemed to cover from what I remember.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Revature.

Interview

I actually applied to one of their clients. The client then had to refer me to revature and the process took about 2 weeks. Company recruiter spoke to me and told me about the company. After then taking an aptitude test they did an online interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revature.

Interview

They will call you and interview you on the phone for about 20 minutes, then they'll schedule you for an online interview where they will ask you OOP questions.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revature in July 2018.

Interview

typical phone interviews/video interview . but i figured out that this company wants you to be a contract slave after they "teach" you. extremely shady business, i wouldn't go work for them unless i was very very desprate.

Interview Questions

• they asked me all types of software textbook questions. like, add/drop in database to what is HTML to source code commands.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Revature (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2018.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via email and set up an interview time and date. They also provide a resource to prepare for the interview. Once scheduled, the interview is pretty straight forward with a few background questions like school, major and experience and then a pretty straight forward technical portion focusing on OOP concepts.

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Revature (Northampton, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

Online interview, entire process took about 1 week. Questions are fairly easy, a lot of stuff that you would learn early in a computer science program at a university. Can definitely pass as well by self-educating.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between public and private functions and what are some use cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revature (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I got scheduled for a video interview in late July. The interviewer never showed up.
    I was a few minutes early for the interview and waited
    for another half an hour after the scheduled time, but he never called or anything.
    I had to call my recruiter and reschedule, and fortunately got one rescheduled a
    week later. The interview went alright overall (once somebody actually showed up).
    I was asked mostly technical questions about OOP and Java, lasted about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your background in programming.
      How do you instantiate an instance of a class in java? What is the syntax?
      Do you know what multi-threading is? How do you do it (how would you start/stop a thread)?
      What coding language would you say is your strongest?   Answer Question