Revel Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Revel Consulting Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

A screening call with HR, a screening call with a Manager and a round of interviews - behavioral and case study with senior Management. Very responsive. If they have a role in mind to start you on then the process will be fast. If they don't the process will be slow played.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exact questions, but the problems they're in the business of solving are difficult digital transformation challenges. They want you to demonstrate a capability to be rigorous in your problem solutions, but not rigid in thinking. Practical in approach, but not without principles in delivering solutions.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview

Didn't make it past phone screening. The HR ghosted me for the first scheduled call, then rescheduled me same day after we were supposed to speak the second time. When we finally got around to speaking, it was made clear at the end of the call that they preferred local candidates and I was at a disadvantage. I was then ghosted and my follow up e-mails were never responded to. Spoke to a couple friends who had similar experiences.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview

Contacted through Linked In email by company recruiter, who set up a screening phone call. Next was a phone call with head of talent acquisition. A phone call then followed with the business lead for the vertical for which I was being recruited. Shortly after the phone call with the business lead, received the decline email indicating that the business lead had decided to move forward with other candidates. Throughout the process, the recruiter maintained contact, providing information on timing and next steps.

That said, I never really got a feel for the role or why Revel was interested in me working with them. The business lead didn't seem to know anything I'd related in earlier interviews, wasn't a good interviewer and only wanted to talk about the most recent couple years of a longer career. From the tone of his questions and interviewing style, it seemed like Revel was only interested in tactical examples about how I'd met past challenges, clients with which I'd worked and whether I had direct experience with their current clients. Not much interest in whether I could bring new ideas or help grow the business. For a small consulting firm looking to expand, I expected better.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter never followed up even after promising that he will. No response at all. Really bad communication. Interview process was more about them telling me how the company is structured. Hire better recruiters.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

In person screening, then onsite interviews with practice area leads. Overall process was pretty quick. Negative experience, as offer / negotiation process was unusual and not forthright. Recruiter was not professional.

Interview Questions

• Case study interview question. Posed hypothetical client situation and asked how I would approach it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

awesome!! The recruiter really spent time getting to know me and assessing not only my abilities but my persona fit with the firm. This helped me delineate between a "job" and a career. It challenged my thinking and gave me confidence on what I wan long term.

Interview Questions

• case study on digital transformation   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Mostly very friendly, Receptionist did a good job of trying to make me feel at home, Place was full of 20 somethings. Defiantly a place that stresses young culture. Everything is built around an open collaborative environment. Few people have desks. Outside the building you see people walking around having phone conversations with their earbud in place. Looks more like they are listening to their iPod then having a phone conversation. I feel like I was turned down because of ageism. Can't prove it though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

7 week lead time from first interview to offer: very slow hiring process for such a small company. Mostly behavioral during the first interview, several questions around why I am interested in Revel. The two on-site interviews include case interviews. I turned down the offer because of the low-ball offer I received, which was contingent on a customer company "hiring" me for the project.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Revel Consulting?
      Discuss a time where you had a lead a project with employees who did not follow your direction?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview

The interview was great. The gentlemen who interviewed was friendly and wanted to know about me then what my resume had to offer. It was a friendly office, plus they were genuine employees.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Thorough... several meetings beginning with general personality and skill "fit" with the company and its culture. Then you meet an employee and/or are asked in to interview with management. This interview is a mix of case study questions and standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Here's a particular challenge that a company is facing (leaving out here). Imagine I am the CEO or COO, how would you explain to me your approach to address the challenge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and sweet. Not many options to discuss in regards to negotiating salary and benefits. Package was fixed but salary offer was solid.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview

All sizzle, no steak. I started a conversation with Revel because of a referral from not one, but two people who work there. The interview process took over 4 months during which they had me speak to 8 or 9 different people including the CEO (a super smart but very polarizing character who cancelled on me at the last minute twice). Several times I received a verbal offer but they failed to follow up with a formal one in writing.

Revel tries really hard to distance themselves from a staffing agency, under a moniker they call the "true consulting" model. However when they finally gave me a project to consider, it was little more than being a presentation jockey for not one, but two mid-level managers at a well-known client of theirs.

When I questioned the nature of the engagement and told them that I did not feel comfortable "interviewing" with the client without being technically a Revel employee I was told that I did not really understand the "true consulting" approach and that perhaps Revel was not for me. True that! If "true consulting" means that anyone with a heartbeat who is decently proficient in Powerpoint is a great fit for a project even if they have little relevant experience then yes, I do not understand "true consulting". Why not call it staff augmentation which is what it really is?

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of pizza slices sold in the US in a year.   Answer Question