Revel Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

A screening call with HR, a screening call with a Manager and a round of interviews - behavioral and case study with senior Management. Very responsive. If they have a role in mind to start you on then the process will be fast. If they don't the process will be slow played.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exact questions, but the problems they're in the business of solving are difficult digital transformation challenges. They want you to demonstrate a capability to be rigorous in your problem solutions, but not rigid in thinking. Practical in approach, but not without principles in delivering solutions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

My interview process went really smoothly! I met with 2 different hiring managers and they asked thoughtful, conversational questions, rather than out of the textbook type of questions you usually get in interviews. I felt really comfortable stepping into their offices, the receptionist greeted me and asked if I would like refreshments while I waited and the managers were on time to the interview. I didn't hear from the hiring manager for a week but they had set the expectation that it would take up to two weeks so that they could interview other applicants. Overall had a pleasant experience and grateful to have found Revel!

Interview Questions

• They asked an abstract case study and initially I was stuck but the interviewer gave pointers to guide me along   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with the hiring manager for a slightly higher base to accommodate my previous employers rate and they accepted my offer

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Was connected with an internal recruiter via a mutual contact. Met for coffee in October, discussed my background (industry, not consulting). Got positive feedback, and was told to expect a follow up call in a few days. Follow up was prompt, but explained that a few clients had put holds on bringing on additional consultants for the remainder of the year. Was asked to stay in touch.

Fast forward to march of 2013. Got call out of the blue asking how quickly I could come in for an interview.

Interview was 5-8:30pm at Revel HQ in Kirkland. Consisted of behavioral interview with a Sr. Manager, and a case study session with a manager. Got polite but non-committal feedback. Convinced myself I hadn't gotten the job, but it was a good experience. Got a call the next day offering the position. I started a week later.

Interview Questions

• You MUST be 100% ready to handle any variety of case study questions for 2+hrs. Buy some books on Amazon, read them, re-read them, practice with a partner or spouse. Prep like you're going in for McKinsey and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Coming from industry, I was not able to negotiate anything additional.

Experienced consultants coming from other firms may have better luck.

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Had a great informational with management first, then an interview with a SD manager. Recruiter answered all of my questions and was very responsive. Knew I had an offer at the end of my interview. Was able to start a bit later than they wanted; appreciated the flexibility. Overall I was able to get a great sense of the firm's energy and it's entrepreneurial spirit.

Interview Questions

• Question was about undertaking a software integration project for a client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation but I was coming in at a junior level. Once I had a salary review there was much more flexibility.

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume, and within a day a Recruiter met up with me. We went to coffee and had a great conversation. Talked about my story, and then she shared about Revel. After confirming interest she reached out by weekend to schedule my in person interview at the offices in Kirkland. I met 2 Directors and did a 1 hour case study interview and then another 1 hour behavioral interview. The Directors were thoughtful, asked conversational questions and really vetting me for culture fit just as much as my skill set which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to have influence without authority? How did you gain buyin?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Mostly very friendly, Receptionist did a good job of trying to make me feel at home, Place was full of 20 somethings. Defiantly a place that stresses young culture. Everything is built around an open collaborative environment. Few people have desks. Outside the building you see people walking around having phone conversations with their earbud in place. Looks more like they are listening to their iPod then having a phone conversation. I feel like I was turned down because of ageism. Can't prove it though.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

Went in for an interview for a business development role. Nice office, good people "vibe." Interview was very structured, lots of whiteboard- great for visual learners. Very bright, respectful interviewer. I was really impressed with the whole process. This seems to be a solid, innovative company.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview

Didn't make it past phone screening. The HR ghosted me for the first scheduled call, then rescheduled me same day after we were supposed to speak the second time. When we finally got around to speaking, it was made clear at the end of the call that they preferred local candidates and I was at a disadvantage. I was then ghosted and my follow up e-mails were never responded to. Spoke to a couple friends who had similar experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Thorough... several meetings beginning with general personality and skill "fit" with the company and its culture. Then you meet an employee and/or are asked in to interview with management. This interview is a mix of case study questions and standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Here's a particular challenge that a company is facing (leaving out here). Imagine I am the CEO or COO, how would you explain to me your approach to address the challenge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and sweet. Not many options to discuss in regards to negotiating salary and benefits. Package was fixed but salary offer was solid.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I believe there was a three interview phase process. The first one is by the recruiter on the phone, then you would need to go into the office to meet with the manager and senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences and so forth..
      There is another question about how it's a fortune 500 company and they are bleeding money from the product management group. You only have 2 consultants and a month to solve it, how do you work on the strategy and who do you present it to..   1 Answer