Revel Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Revel Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

In person screening, then onsite interviews with practice area leads. Overall process was pretty quick. Negative experience, as offer / negotiation process was unusual and not forthright. Recruiter was not professional.

Interview Questions

• Case study interview question. Posed hypothetical client situation and asked how I would approach it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

awesome!! The recruiter really spent time getting to know me and assessing not only my abilities but my persona fit with the firm. This helped me delineate between a "job" and a career. It challenged my thinking and gave me confidence on what I wan long term.

Interview Questions

• case study on digital transformation   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Mostly very friendly, Receptionist did a good job of trying to make me feel at home, Place was full of 20 somethings. Defiantly a place that stresses young culture. Everything is built around an open collaborative environment. Few people have desks. Outside the building you see people walking around having phone conversations with their earbud in place. Looks more like they are listening to their iPod then having a phone conversation. I feel like I was turned down because of ageism. Can't prove it though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

7 week lead time from first interview to offer: very slow hiring process for such a small company. Mostly behavioral during the first interview, several questions around why I am interested in Revel. The two on-site interviews include case interviews. I turned down the offer because of the low-ball offer I received, which was contingent on a customer company "hiring" me for the project.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Revel Consulting?
      Discuss a time where you had a lead a project with employees who did not follow your direction?
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview

The interview was great. The gentlemen who interviewed was friendly and wanted to know about me then what my resume had to offer. It was a friendly office, plus they were genuine employees.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Thorough... several meetings beginning with general personality and skill "fit" with the company and its culture. Then you meet an employee and/or are asked in to interview with management. This interview is a mix of case study questions and standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Here's a particular challenge that a company is facing (leaving out here). Imagine I am the CEO or COO, how would you explain to me your approach to address the challenge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and sweet. Not many options to discuss in regards to negotiating salary and benefits. Package was fixed but salary offer was solid.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Revel Consulting.

Interview

All sizzle, no steak. I started a conversation with Revel because of a referral from not one, but two people who work there. The interview process took over 4 months during which they had me speak to 8 or 9 different people including the CEO (a super smart but very polarizing character who cancelled on me at the last minute twice). Several times I received a verbal offer but they failed to follow up with a formal one in writing.

Revel tries really hard to distance themselves from a staffing agency, under a moniker they call the "true consulting" model. However when they finally gave me a project to consider, it was little more than being a presentation jockey for not one, but two mid-level managers at a well-known client of theirs.

When I questioned the nature of the engagement and told them that I did not feel comfortable "interviewing" with the client without being technically a Revel employee I was told that I did not really understand the "true consulting" approach and that perhaps Revel was not for me. True that! If "true consulting" means that anyone with a heartbeat who is decently proficient in Powerpoint is a great fit for a project even if they have little relevant experience then yes, I do not understand "true consulting". Why not call it staff augmentation which is what it really is?

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of pizza slices sold in the US in a year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I believe there was a three interview phase process. The first one is by the recruiter on the phone, then you would need to go into the office to meet with the manager and senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences and so forth..
      There is another question about how it's a fortune 500 company and they are bleeding money from the product management group. You only have 2 consultants and a month to solve it, how do you work on the strategy and who do you present it to..
      1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume, and within a day a Recruiter met up with me. We went to coffee and had a great conversation. Talked about my story, and then she shared about Revel. After confirming interest she reached out by weekend to schedule my in person interview at the offices in Kirkland. I met 2 Directors and did a 1 hour case study interview and then another 1 hour behavioral interview. The Directors were thoughtful, asked conversational questions and really vetting me for culture fit just as much as my skill set which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to have influence without authority? How did you gain buyin?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Consulting (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

My interview process went really smoothly! I met with 2 different hiring managers and they asked thoughtful, conversational questions, rather than out of the textbook type of questions you usually get in interviews. I felt really comfortable stepping into their offices, the receptionist greeted me and asked if I would like refreshments while I waited and the managers were on time to the interview. I didn't hear from the hiring manager for a week but they had set the expectation that it would take up to two weeks so that they could interview other applicants. Overall had a pleasant experience and grateful to have found Revel!

Interview Questions

• They asked an abstract case study and initially I was stuck but the interviewer gave pointers to guide me along   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with the hiring manager for a slightly higher base to accommodate my previous employers rate and they accepted my offer