Revel Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Revel Systems

2.4

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had been reached out to by their Sourcer for a role on the team. Had a phone screen with the Recruiter who then got back to me a couple days later saying the role was on hold because the Director of HR (who leads the team) wanted to find a Sourcer first. But after a day and a few more discussions they reached back out and said the role is now open again. Had a nice chat with the Director and was shortly invited onsite to meet with 5 recruiters and the Director. The experience was great...everyone was extremely hospitable and personal. I found out exactly 1 week later that unfortunately didn't get the role.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume in early Jan. Recruiter contacted me 1.5 week later to get the process going. Spoke for about 45 mins, great introduction to the company and overall job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter had a thorough scope of the position, the hiring manager, as well as salary requirements. We spent about 45 mins. talking about the job requirements and needs at a high level, the organization, my personal experience and finally, salary. Based on the follow-up emails from the recruiter and my agreement, the position and overall needs matching my personal experience seemed to be an excitable match.

I was shifted onto the next waiting phase, which would consist of an online meeting via Skype with the hiring manager who was remote. Once this online meeting was organized, we were set for a specific date.

The second round of the online interview process with the hiring manager was much more in-depth as we discussed and dissected the overall needs of the role, my current / prior experience and finally, coming to an agreement on meeting in-person once this hiring manager was in the local office.

1.5 weeks went by before finally receiving a final meeting confirmation as to whom I would be meeting with (CEO / COO / Hiring Manager) for my final in-person interview. All was set to go.

On the day-before the in-person interview was to take place (early morning), the recruiter called me in the late afternoon and told me that the CEO and HR Dept. had informed him (which supposedly was a surprise to him) that the maximum salary for the position was 30K LESS than what he and I had discussed during our initial interview, despite him telling me after I told him my minimum salary requirements, "Perfect, you are right within the range, a little more than the minimum on our end, but certainly not exceeding the maximum".

The salary maximum that Revel Systems was supposedly willing to offer, was completely out of scope for the job-requirements for a Corp. Trainer. I expressed that the pay-rate was more for an entry-level position within Technical Support, vs. a role that required a minimum of 5-8 years of delivering / content development / self-management / director type needs that Revel clearly is in need of for supporting a customer-internal base in the realm of Corporate Education.

To have had the rug pulled from beneath my potential opportunity, to get back to work after having been out of work for 5 months, with plenty of experience as well as successfully going through the interview phases, was extremely disappointing to say the least. The recruiter made up excuse after excuse, blaming an inept management team, that "he swore he had the right job-salary requirements upon our earlier discussions". I kept my cool, thanked him for his time and wished them the best of luck in their continued search.

Considering the odd circumstance,I would have expected and appreciated that the HR / CEO / Hiring Manager would have had the decency and professionalism to make the disappointing phone-call vs. the recruiter. All in all, it made me feel "cheap" and disposable having invested weeks and weeks of self-research about the company, the "culture", personal preparation of requested content for presentation and finally, the hope of landing a great job with a "good" company.   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone screen, which went well. After a week I finally received an email to schedule an in-person panel interview and presentation. I arrived at Revel for my interview. There were 3-ppl in attendance. I never got to give my presentation because the hiring manager took over the entire interview. She then proceeded to tell me how to do my interview. She then said she would have the HR contact send me a copy of the Sales Training outline and the HR on-boarding outline. I needed to create a 30-60-90 day plan for each. The incompetent HR contact sends me the outlines on Friday at 6pm and needs them returned by 12noon on Monday. I completed each and have continuously sent the HR contact an email asking if I made it to the next round. No WORD from anyone. A decent "we have decided to move on to another candidate" email would be great.

Interview Questions

• Normal HR BS questions: How is your work style, what do you bring to the table.....   1 Answer

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Revel Systems (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

This was for the ramp up launch of a new call center in Dallas. The first interview was about 20 minutes log and took place over the phone. The second and final interview was in person with two high level management members. That last half an hour. They hinted at the possibility of a final third interview but it never came to be. The entire process was smooth overall and they communicated clearly.

Interview Questions

• What is an ip address?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a wireless access point and wireless bridge?   1 Answer
    • What does DNS mean?   2 Answers
    • Tell us about yourself personally.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about or what experience do you have with POS?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was really fast since i put my resume on indeed and with in a matter of hours I was called from Revel's HR department. I was shocked since it was so fast. I was really impressed with that and I went though 2 interview processes one over the phone and one in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none just accepted what they offered it was pretty good deal i thought and still think so.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screening interview with a corporate recruiter lasted less than 15 minutes. The recruiter sounded really nice and friendly. She only asked me about my course of studies, and appreciated my comments on their product range. She scheduled a second phone interview with a hiring manager, which she cancelled five minutes before the schedule time, because new information had developed, and they would not move forward with the opportunity. This is very unprofessional.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Replied to an ad I found on my schools career development guide. Got an email to and set up a call.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks and was very easy. The interviewer called me for a phone screen and asked basic questions about my background and marketing experience. I was also asked a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience did I have in marketing and social media.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Revel Systems (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Short and quick, though they don't spend enough time asking you questions. It's fairly easy, and I think they need to dig deeper before just rushing to fill seats.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Revel Systems.

Interview

Internal Recruiter reached out to me Via Linkedin.

Had a great conversation via phone with the recruiter but the following interview with a sales manager was not so great.

He was surprised that even though I had researched the company itself, I didn't get a chance to research the founders even though I had explained to him that I am presently employed full time and didn't have enough time to look into this and that you had only reached out to me yesterday.

Furthermore he stated that there are so many people applying to revel and asked why he should choose to hire me. I thought this was very unprofessional since Revel reached out to me, and only 1 day ago. He also did not give me an opportunity to ask any questions about the company or the role itself.

After this experience, and reading the employee reviews here on glassdoor, I decided to not pursue the opportunity further even though they wanted to move me on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Red Flag #1 - If we reach out to your current employer what would they say? - There should be no talk of reaching out to a current employer when a company reaches out to someone who is presently employed and tries to "poach" them.

Red flag # 2 There are so many people apply to Revel why should we choose you? (They reached out to me)   Answer Question