Revlon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Junior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revlon.

Interview

the interview went smoothly and i met with human resources, the manager and the head of the department. they were very nice and pleasant to talk with. no trick questions, just common sense questions and conversation. I got response fairly quickly.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Revlon (Austin, TX).

Interview

Did not interview. Previously worked for the company in another location. Resume was held and when a position became available I received a phone call. I went to work immediately in my new terrirory.

Finance Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Revlon in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume to career web site. Got a call from HR Manager soon after to schedule a phone interview with Finance VP. They appear to be using aggressive "situational interview" techniques.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview with a Finance VP who spent the first 5 minutes explaining to me why he thinks he is such a bright and accomplished finance professional. Then asked me for an overview of my resume. Hr proceeded to repeatedly drill down for more specifics about my key accomplishments in each role. Apparently using the "situational interview technique", which I am familiar with.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revlon (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruited by an agency. They arranged the phone interviews. They didn't ask any questions, just if I was interested. Two phone interviews followed by face to face interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• How would you arrange/ approach a engineering project? What steps would you take?   1 Answer

Formulation Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revlon (Edison, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter who set up a phone interview. The recruiting company was very good and fairly responsive. The first interviewer was not very prepared and didn't really have that many questions for me. I interviewed with 4 people total. The second lady basically dismissed me right away and said that although I had formula experience, I didn't have color experience so I wouldn't like it which I found rude of her to just assume this. Also the worst part was that a maintenance person came in an started working on the ceiling directly in front of me during my interview and the lady did not ask him to leave. Other random people also came in during the interview to get things from the coat rack in the room. The third interviewer mentioned he worked for the company I currently work for and was laid off which I found unprofessional to mention. Another interviewer came in the middle of this and he told her about himself being let go from the company I work for once again. The maintenance guy came in again during the interview and stayed there for a while. No one asked him to leave. I felt very disrespected and found it rude and unprofessional the way I was treated. Overall they were disorganized and very unprofessional.

HR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Revlon (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I came in for a round of four interviews on the same day. This way, I really got to know the department, and they were able to see how I could best fit into their team.

Interview Questions

• What potential obstacles to your success here do you see?   Answer Question

Process Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Revlon (Oxford, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with the manager went great. Took me on a tour of the plant and offered me a position. Met with Human Resource after the offer to fill out application and to schedule for the next phase of the interview process, which is a skills test, a drug test, a background check

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I planned to stay there long term?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Revlon (Oxford, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university's career site. I was called soon after and asked why I wanted to work for Revlon. HR set up an in-person interview at their plant in Oxford. I was interviewed by HR and a couple engineers and managers. Afterwards, their current co-op students gave me a tour of the whole facility. After the tour, I was given an offer. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• If you disagreed with an older, more experienced worker in the plant, how would you deal with it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Revlon (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was well organized and I was given the opportunity to meet with a cross-functional group of individuals. This allow me to get good insight into the role, how it fits within the Company structure and the personalities of the people that I would be working with and for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Revlon?   1 Answer

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revlon.

Interview

Wasn't really asked questions. He just talked while I tried to interject whenever I could get a word in. Continued on and on about development about the position I later found out was very untrue