Revolution Prep Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Revolution Prep Instructor Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

In order to get to the point where they would interview me, I had to submit a resume, application, and make a video of myself teaching something in 3 minutes or less. What followed was a phone interview followed by an in-person interview; they said initially that I would have to take the ACT to verify that I had qualifying scores, but that never happened.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem you've faced in the classroom and how did you handle it?
    What is your biggest weakness as an educator?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Revolution Prep

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Revolution Prep in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was on campus and very quick (~10 minutes). I wasn't sure if I had left any impression at all, since they had a lot of interviews scheduled that day. I think they wanted to know how I would operate from a business perspective, based on the questions. Just think about how you would approach advertising and organizing, and you will be fine.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revolution Prep in May 2009.

Interview

The company was in every way friendly and helpful. Very high expectations were stated from the start, so there were no surprises. After an initial phone consultation I was instructed to prepare a brief and engaging presentation on a topic of my choosing, which I would give a few weeks later to the manager and group of applicants. About 15 of us showed up and presented. We got notes on our presentations and then the manager talked to us about the company. A good number of us made it to the next phase, where we had to learn their entire curriculum and be prepared to present any part of it. If we did end up being hired then we would be paid $200 for the training. If we didn't get hired, we would get nothing. This was very intimidating as it was a large up-front commitment for something that may not work out. However I believe this part of the process was just self-selective because nearly all of us who actually did that were eventually offered jobs. Many people just opted not to continue. We also had to take a full-length practice SAT. A few weeks later we all got together to give our presentations. We were each called up a few times to present on a few different things. In the long run the interview-meets-training process ended up being very helpful because if you did make it all the way through then you would really be ready to teach the curriculum once you were actually assigned a class. One last thing to note is that receiving an offer of employment didn't necessarily translate to an instant teaching job, as the available teaching jobs were handed out on a merit basis (performance in the interview process and practice SAT score).