Revolution Prep Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.9

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview on a Thursday, second interview on Friday gave me the opportunity to enjoy lunch with the staff and feel out the culture. Received job offer on Friday to start on Monday. The second interview had me at the office for over three hrs but it was great to eat lunch with the office and go through three panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many calls per day did you make at your last job?   1 Answer

SAT Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Revolution Prep.

Interview

Simple--just talk about having a passion for helping students learn (even if you don't have one, the company doesn't really care; what matters is being able to sell your impressive college degree to prospective clients).

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Revolution Prep.

Interview

Phone interview and then on campus interview. During the phone interview the recruiter mainly discussed the position and let you ask questions with a few questions directed towards you (more casual and less interview style). The on-campus interview was a thirty minute interview in which they asked a series of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I was contacted via email by one of the recruiters to set up a time and date. The interview was conducted on my college campus and was fairly brief. To be honest, the questions asked did not capture the entire scope of what the job demanded.

Interview Questions

• "Teach me something in three minutes." I had to immediately come up with something that I wanted to teach the interviewer. Luckily I didn't have much trouble, but this can definitely catch people off guard if they're not prepared.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no salary negotiation; this was an internship with a fixed amount of pay.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Revolution Prep in March 2014.

Interview

Briefly interviewed with basic questions (what's your strength what's your weakness etc) not difficult. There were no exams or tests and the interviewer was very relaxed. He wanted to know about my interests and experiences.

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Very nice people and a great company to join for college students looking to gain some teaching and business development experience. I remember the interview was through Skype, and they mostly ask you about why you're interested in the job and how you can connect to your community. After the interview, they respond rather quickly.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to start a test prep branch in your hometown?   Answer Question

IISMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Revolution Prep.

Interview

Application, resume submission, followed by interview

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

In order to get to the point where they would interview me, I had to submit a resume, application, and make a video of myself teaching something in 3 minutes or less. What followed was a phone interview followed by an in-person interview; they said initially that I would have to take the ACT to verify that I had qualifying scores, but that never happened.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem you've faced in the classroom and how did you handle it?
      What is your biggest weakness as an educator?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Very easy interview. They just want to know that you are familiar with your town and the test preparation landscape in the area. It would help if you interacted with previous branch managers to get an idea of what the work is like. Other questions are behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Why should I work with Revolution Prep? (as a parent asking you, a potential branch manager)   Answer Question

SAT Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Revolution Prep (San Jose, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

First you submit your application online. If you make this initial screening, they contact you to submit an online video where you teach the audience something (anything). Then they contact you by telephone for a Skype interview. Following the on boarding process you must take a full length SAT exam and score 2300+. There are a few more online sessions with other new hires to help gone your teaching abilities

Interview Questions

See What Revolution Prep Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Pros: “- Great people, the kind of people you want to hang out with outside of work on your own time - Strong mission of spreading a love of learning and intellectual growth in students instead...”“- Great people, the kind of people you want to hang out with outside of work on your own time - Strong mission of spreading a love of learning and intellectual growth in students instead of just focusing on test scores - Opportunity: if you have a great idea or see something interesting happening in your own or even a different department, you can get involved pretty easily - High energy, always a lot going on” – Full Review