Rexam Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2016

2.6

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rexam (Kent, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was brief. The hiring manager gave a good overview of the company and its operations. I did get the sense that the company has grown quite fast in recent years, and is having some difficulties managing its operations. I also got the impression that there is a relentless focus on cost reduction, which may or may not lead to a good work environment.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working overtime?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rexam.

Interview

On site group interview with Plant, HR, and Production Managers. Each manager took turns asking questions from a script. Most questions were basic behavioral based interview questions which led to more specific questions about KPI's and experience with various manufacturing equipment and tools. The questions I asked were answered completely.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rexam.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a three person panel. Each person was a representative of their perspective area of responsibility( eg.. safety, quality, and production. The questions asked pertained to using the standard S.T.A.R. format when providing answers to ones experience in the three areas of specialty. The process lasted for 8 hrs, and and the end of the interview I was notified that they wanted me to come back and speak with the plant manager. I met with the Plant Manager and a offer was extended at the end of the business day.

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rexam.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, multiple interviews, knowledgeable people

Negotiation

Starting Pay, Vacation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rexam (Buffalo Grove, IL).

Interview

Did a phone screen with the recruiter followed by an onsite 1:1 with the hiring manager. I was supposed to meet with another person that was a key relationship to the open position during my onsite, but he/she was a no show that day. The onsite ended up being a complete waste of time. I drove a long way to get to the worksite and the interview was over in 30 minutes. The hiring manager spent 15 minutes telling me about herself and her career with the company and the last 15 minutes drilling me about why I had left my previous companies. When he/she was done with questioning my job changes, he/she asked if I had any questions, and then walked me out of the building. During our walk out he/she told me that there was an internal candidate they were considering and that he/she just wanted me to have a heads up. About a week later I received a phone call from the recruiter explaining that they decided to go in a different direction. I appreciated that he/she actually took the time to deliver the news over the phone, but that didn't make up for the complete waste of my time on the part of the hiring manager, who by the way was very high up in the company.

Production Supervisor Interview

Interview

Interview with plant manager and hiring manager. Quick process. Mostly behavioral interviewing questions.

IM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rexam in August 2012.

Interview

Was called by HR who scheduled a 30 minute interview with hiring manager on a different day. Once interview was done over the phone hiring manager did a face-to-face along with 1:1 with an IM Director and President. Hiring decision was made next day and requested to come in for job offer was made.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rexam (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. HR representative did not seem very engaged. The other members involved in the interview were late and rushed. The process was more form that substance. Generally not a very rigorous.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Inquired about experience and how I can assist the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were involved.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rexam (Buffalo Grove, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager gave a good overview of the company and its operations. I did get the sense that the company has grown quite fast in recent years, and is having some difficulties managing its operations. I also felt that some of its systems seemed antiquated based on the descriptions that the hiring manager gave. I also got the impression that there is a relentless focus on cost reduction, which may or may not lead to a good work environment.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me one of the first things you would do if you were hired into the role   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rexam (Kent, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Submitted application. Called 2 days later to set time for interview. Interviewed 1 week later. Took a mechanical aptitude test day of interview. Recieved offer and declined.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you dealt with conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Working for Rexam requires alot of overtime, and you would be required to work that overtime. Do you have a problem with working alot of overtime?   1 Answer

Found out info on poss plant layoffs