Rexnord Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2016

2.6

Wastewater Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rexnord (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

Started with a tour of the facility, then an awkward 20 minutes with some guy that really didn't do or say anything, then a more formal sit down interview with an HR representative. I never formally heard back from them but I know I didn't get an offer when they accidentally called me thinking I was the person they wanted to hire.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had conflict with a co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to come on board in a temp role to start with and then if things work out you will become full-time?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rexnord.

Interview

There was a phone interview with recruiter, HR manager and direct supervisor. This was followed by one face to face and an offer. The background check and drug test went very quick. I was able to start within one month of receiving my offer. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rexnord (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I received an invitation from the recruiter for a phone interview. Went on to the next step and had a phone interview with the head of Operations. I felt both interviews went well and that my background was a good fit for the position. I was told to expect a follow up email/call the following week. After one week, I reached out for feedback and heard nothing back. The following week, I followed up with two more emails asking for any feedback and never received a courtesy follow up email or phone call. Very rude and unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

• Just your basic walk me through your resume questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rexnord (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

i decided to applied online, got a Call from recruiter and talked briefly about the job. then i had my interview, the same week i received an offer from my recruiter and started the job and have been there for about three months. it was really great

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rexnord (Auburn, AL).

Interview

Got the internship through my university. Meet with the human resources manager first and was asked basic behavioral questions. After that i met with the supply chain manager and I was asked more technical questions. Then i went on a tour of the plant. Took about 30-45 min total.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Rexnord?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Gearbox Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Rose, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rexnord (Saint Rose, LA) in December 2015.

Interview

They flew me down to their location in Louisiana and gave me a tour of the facility. Then they sat me down in an office and asked em a few questions and got to know me a little bit, then moved to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Can I work as much overtime that is needed? Including weekends?   1 Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rexnord.

Interview

I applied to them online. First was a 30 min phone interview with HR. They asked general HR questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. This was followed by 2 phone interviews with managers each roughly 30 minutes. Each was mostly explaining my qualifications and describing my skills.

Next I received an in person interview. This consisted of 1 on 1 interviews with 5 managers and a facility tour. Typical questions would be, (tell me about yourself, describe one of your failures, describe a major accomplishment).

At lunch they had me take a test for ~45 minutes. It was half personality test and the other half was math problems similar to what you might find on an ACT exam. I think I aced the math questions but I wouldn't say they were easy. This was a big turnoff as I felt my engineering degree should speak for itself in this situation. I was also told that working Saturdays was normal, which was a turnoff.
    There was also a lot of waiting for people to make time to interview me. i could only imagine how hard it would be to get peoples time if I already worked there. Total in-person interview was 6 hours.

After a 2 month process, I was offered the position a few days later, given 1 day to decide, and to start in 1 week, even after I said I was giving my current employer 2 weeks notice. HR was agitated at this time because it took a few hours to get in touch with all of my references, even though they spent 2 months on this process. I turned it down, as in that time period I had accepted a position with another company (who had a shorter interview process) and without some of the concerns i described above.

Interview Questions

• Asking the college gpa of an experienced professional was unexpected   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rexnord.

Interview

Applied for the position (in milwaukee metro area) online and about a week later I was contacted via phone to schedule a phone interview. Interview went well though they expected a three year contract commitment. I was apprehensive after reading Rexnord's reviews on glassdoor. Questions were not expressly technical, but merely wanted a walkthrough of your resume and relevant experience. I was contacted a few days later saying I had not been selected to proceed due to lack of experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, was asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer - Rexnord PSI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rexnord (Simi Valley, CA).

Interview

Interview process took about 4 weeks. Several people were out of town and I had to wait.
    During the day of the interview, I interviewed with 5 people which took a grand total of 6 hrs. While the Psi Bearing place is interesting and their product is specialized, they have plenty of work. I talked very little, I listened quite a lot to the managers and director.
    The engineering group consisted of mostly younger people with and older manager and directors. There are very few people in their 30-40s. So if you are within that age group, be sure, because chances are that they will most likely not choose you (too expensive and ageism).
    I was also asked if I would be opposed to working on the manufacturing line when they have big orders, while I am not opposed to this, it does not bode well for their resource management.

Overall, while I was made to wait quite a lot, I was not offered the position because they were expecting someone 8-10 years experience, but the req was written for someone with over 20. The pay was 20k lower.

My ending advice would be to find someplace else to work. This place has shown they are not diverse and are unwilling to change that.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was when I was asked if I would be opposed to working on the manufacturing line.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rexnord.

Interview

Simply the process is too long for no good reason.
    For a process to be that long you would think they chose the right person but the reality is far from it...
    Finally they realized there's something wrong with that and they started to change it.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't really an unexpected answers.. there was a lot of bragging about what they do...
      they think it's rocket science...
      Answer Question