Reynolds American Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds American Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.1

Territory Manager I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in September 2016.

Interview

Like all other reviews
    Initial screen call... asked why I was interested n if tobacco was n issue
    Vedio screen
    Dott vs visit in field very good gives you view of what needs to be done
    Panel interview

Interview Questions

• Panel interview
      A recruiter will meet you in lobby take you to meeting rooms
      You an another person will interview same time slot different rooms
      The give you a list of leadership demensions
      You go to 2. Different rooms a little small talk then they ask you a questions based off of the dimensions that happened in your professional career
      You need to answer in star format
      Question not overly tough but very very wordy
      Each room last about 20-30 mins
      People nice nothing tough about questions...
      1 Answer

Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter, and was told it would be less than 2 weeks before I heard back for a phone interview. It took nearly 4 weeks.

After the phone interview, I was told that it would be around 10 days until I heard back on whether or not I had made it to the next round (an in-person interview at the headquarters building in Winston-Salem). Once again, it took over 3 weeks.

After the interview in Winston-Salem, I was told that I would have an answer as to whether or not I received the position within 3 weeks. It literally took nearly 2 months to get an answer back, and that was after calling twice during that time span to see what the status of my application was. I was turned down, and when I asked for feedback from the interviewers, I was told there "is no feedback available at this time."

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were all based around leadership, and your response to certain situations in the work environment.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in August 2016.

Interview

The process is exactly like others have mentioned. the 4 step that end with a panel. The phone and video interview are very basic. Then you know to day on the trade, where you meet with a TM and DM and learn more about the position. Show up with as many questions as possible and really take an interest to whats going on. You're going to have to speak about that you learned during the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The same question that others have mentioned are asked. They want you to beg for the job and be in love with the company. Honestly, the recruiters tell you what to say during the interview. There are about seven buzzwords that you should use like accountability, responsibility, trust....etc. Plus some questions may sound like they care about your personal life, like, what are you passionate about? They don't care about your personal life, say something like "i'm passionate about reading because it has helped me in my personal life as well as in my PROFESSIONAL life, here's how..."   Answer Question

Senior Manager In Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who filled me in on the basics of the position and spent a great deal of time explaining the culture of Reynolds to make sure that it was an environment that I would enjoy. Next, I spoke to the person who ultimately became my boss to talk specifics. Finally, I visited Winston-Salem for panel interviews where I met with 6 leaders in the company. The panel discussions focused heavily on the six essential leadership characteristics that define Reynolds' culture. I'd been provided those prior to my interview, so I was well prepared for my panels.

Interview Questions

• How did my experience as Captain of my high school swim team prepare me to lead?   1 Answer

Territory Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume earlier in July and did the phone interview. After the phone interview, Human Resources requested I submit a video interview. On the video interview, they ask for behavioral and "name a time when" situations. About 3 days after I submitted the video, I received an email asking to do the Day on the Trade (DOTT). Went to the DOTT and met with a Territory Manager and Trade Manager. I shadowed them to about 6 different convenience stores and watched the Territory Manager on his day to day functions. His functions include checking pricing and skus, moving the older about to be expired cigarette boxes to the front of the display rack, and doing customer engagements. Be sure to take plenty of notes since the managers want you to be engaged on their processes. I was asked why I wanted to work in the tobacco industry. Didn't have a really good answer other than I was very excited for the growth potential in the company and the impact I could provide. My previous pay came up and taking this position would be half of what I am used, also there is no way to be competitive or excel at this role. I gathered it was not really a sales job for the Territory Manager but more customer service and building relationships with the gas station managers/owners. The following week, I received an email stating that I would not be moving forward for them, which ultimately I would've turned down the position. Also, you have to relocate to a different state to be promoted (the Territory and Trader Manager that I met with had both moved from different states to move up the corporate ladder) and that is not where I am at this stage of my life. I really appreciated the DOTT as we both understood that I was not a good fit for them and they were not a good fit for me.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. A week later, I had another phone screen, this time with the hiring manager. About 4 weeks later, I was invited onsite for three panel interviews that consisted of 6 total Senior people. At the end, a senior talent acquisition manager detailed next steps and they even presented me with a gift. I received the rejection email the next day. It was a good experience but I'm sad I didn't get the opportunity.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, record yourself for an online interview, day on the trade (shadowing for a day), panel interview.

I was flown to St Louis for a panel interview and did not receive an offer. They gave no indication as to why I didn't receive an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Houston, TX).

Interview

Online interviews with a test, day on the trade, then inperson.
    They take you to a panel where one room is mean and the other is nice. This is to see if you can adapt to different environments.

Interview Questions

• What does business integrity mean to you.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter at the end of May and had a phone screen within the week. I was contacted about two weeks later for an interview with the hiring manager and her boss. The phone interview went very well, and in fact, I was contacted the same day by the recruiter to schedule an onsite visit which was scheduled for about 2.5 weeks out.

My travel and hotel was arranged by RAI, and I was very impressed to find a "welcome package" in my hotel room upon my arrival. It was a extra touch that you don't see a lot of companies do these days.

My onsite interview started with me completing a case study. From what I understand, all prospective employees that come onsite complete a case study relative to the position for which they are interviewing. You are given 45 minutes to read the case study and prepare your response. I was a little intimidated when I first found out about having to do this, but in hindsight, it was not that difficult. It's a great vehicle for you to showcase your thought process and how you would create solutions to address the business need outlined in the case study.

Once I prepared my response to the case study, I then met with the same two individuals with whom I had my previous phone interview and we talked through my responses. They asked some additional exploratory questions, but all-in-all it was a very engaging conversation. In fact, they stress that they don't want you to create a PowerPoint or anything like that. All I did was make notes on my iPad and then refer to my notes when necessary.

The next round of interviews were split into panel discussions each having two senior leaders conducting them. The questions really focused on RAI's leadership dimensions and how I would approach different things based on the different dimensions. The leadership dimensions are available on RAI's careers site; however, I asked for and received them from the recruiter as well. The questions were behavioral questions; however, it didn't feel like I was being asked about specific behaviors, but rather that they were trying to get a sense of who I was, whether I would fit in with RAI, and they also focused on making sure I had time to ask questions in return. Mutual fit was a big theme.

In all, the interview process was very positive and I actually enjoyed the panel discussions. It allowed me to meet other individuals with whom I'd would be working and to see how I might fit in within RAI's culture. I received an offer of employment the day after my onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to lead an initiative that you knew going in not everyone would support? How did you gain the support you needed and what were the outcomes?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to lead and work with multiple people across different functional areas. How did you get everyone to coalesce behind the initiative, get everyone to agree on direction, and what did you do when there were differences in opinions?   Answer Question
    • How do you define your goals and objectives? And how do you measure against them?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, Video Recording of yourself answering questions, Day on the Trade (ride along with current territory managers in your area), then panel interview. I'm leaving this review because I wanted to let all of you beware that if you have a "bad" driving record, you will not get the job. When I say "bad" driving record I don't mean DUI or Reckless Driving. I mean if you have a decent amount of standard/low offense tickets (5 mph over). I was offered the position and after accepting I was given my territory which I was very excited about. I had my living situation all figured out (where I was going to live, who I was going to live with). The situation was looking great but then I got my offer rescinded because of my driving record which only consisted of minuscule ticket violations with the last ticket violation happening over a year ago. Thought I would share my story in case any of you have a similar situation.

Interview Questions

• How have you used data to help you make a decision that had a positive outcome?   Answer Question