Reynolds American Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds American Territory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

There is an initial phone screening, then your next step in the hiring process is a Day On The Trade. This is day where you shadow a current territory whom is accompanied by their supervisor. The process is not very productive because instead of them teaching you, the territory manager is more interested in impressing their boss. Good theory bad execution.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were faced with conflict and how did you overcome the problem?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds American

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and received an email to set up a phone interview the next day. I did my phone interview and the interviewer just didn't seem interested. Next day, I received an email saying they were moving forward with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Multi-step process including phone interview, pre-recorded webcam questions, field ride-along, and two-part panel interview. Ongoing communication with recruiter. Be aware that relocation is highly likely/expected for employment--you are interviewing for a position, not a location.

Interview Questions

• STAR-type questions. Also questions regarding leadership experience and career outlook/goals.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in August 2016.

Interview

The process is exactly like others have mentioned. the 4 step that end with a panel. The phone and video interview are very basic. Then you know to day on the trade, where you meet with a TM and DM and learn more about the position. Show up with as many questions as possible and really take an interest to whats going on. You're going to have to speak about that you learned during the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The same question that others have mentioned are asked. They want you to beg for the job and be in love with the company. Honestly, the recruiters tell you what to say during the interview. There are about seven buzzwords that you should use like accountability, responsibility, trust....etc. Plus some questions may sound like they care about your personal life, like, what are you passionate about? They don't care about your personal life, say something like "i'm passionate about reading because it has helped me in my personal life as well as in my PROFESSIONAL life, here's how..."   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, record yourself for an online interview, day on the trade (shadowing for a day), panel interview.

I was flown to St Louis for a panel interview and did not receive an offer. They gave no indication as to why I didn't receive an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Houston, TX).

Interview

Online interviews with a test, day on the trade, then inperson.
    They take you to a panel where one room is mean and the other is nice. This is to see if you can adapt to different environments.

Interview Questions

• What does business integrity mean to you.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, Video Recording of yourself answering questions, Day on the Trade (ride along with current territory managers in your area), then panel interview. I'm leaving this review because I wanted to let all of you beware that if you have a "bad" driving record, you will not get the job. When I say "bad" driving record I don't mean DUI or Reckless Driving. I mean if you have a decent amount of standard/low offense tickets (5 mph over). I was offered the position and after accepting I was given my territory which I was very excited about. I had my living situation all figured out (where I was going to live, who I was going to live with). The situation was looking great but then I got my offer rescinded because of my driving record which only consisted of minuscule ticket violations with the last ticket violation happening over a year ago. Thought I would share my story in case any of you have a similar situation.

Interview Questions

• How have you used data to help you make a decision that had a positive outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

1) Applied online
    2) Contacted by recruiter via email
    3) 15 minute phone interview with recruiter
    4) Video response questions
    5) Day on the trade (DOTT) with a Territory Manager & District Manager

I feel like this company wasted my time. I first passed through the recruiter very quickly. Then when I had to contact my territory manager for the DOTT things went south. It took 2 weeks for him to set a date for my DOTT, which he set for a day that I told him I could not meet. This, after I had to call him over three times to check in to see what was taking so long. He gave me two days notice to take the day off work.

I managed to get the day off work and showed up early, dressed professionally. The TM & DM showed up 15 minutes late. We traveled to 2 stores, got lunch and I was dropped off at my car by 1pm. The TM seemed interested in me but the DM did not seem interested at all.

I was left without so much as a "thank you, we'll be in touch." I do not know what this company is looking for in a Territory Manager because I did everything right, I asked questions, listened, made good conversation, and was polite. I have plenty of experience to do this job.

I am honestly disappointed in how I was treated by this company. I would not apply with them again.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Process is exactly how everyone stated. I initially applied through RJ Reynolds website myself. I received a call from a recruiter and then was told to complete a video interview. I was then told to do a day on the trade. I had trouble contacting the territory manager - he would not answer his phone and you could not leave a voicemail as his mailbox was full. After a couple emails he finally called me. The day on the trade went ok - the territory manager was as I expected him to be - all over the place mentally, wasting time. I was shocked RJ Reynolds hired someone like this. I asked him how long he had worked for the company. He said 3 years! I was shocked!! Three years and this is how you do your job? His boss also came with us; she was very stiff and a long time employee. The whole day was just frustrating as she was just on his case the whole day and was semi pleasant to me. I was polite, friendly, appropriate, hands on, asked a million questions. Which is why I was surprised to get a rejection email 3 business days later.

Interview Questions

• when have you ever broken company policy and why did you do it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

First the phone interview than right away receive an email about the video interview questionnaire which is 8 questions about your past work experience. You receive another email about dott. And than have a final panel interview where they fly you out to specific location where they are holding the panel.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question