Reynolds American Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

3.1

119 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in August 2016.

Interview

The process is exactly like others have mentioned. the 4 step that end with a panel. The phone and video interview are very basic. Then you know to day on the trade, where you meet with a TM and DM and learn more about the position. Show up with as many questions as possible and really take an interest to whats going on. You're going to have to speak about that you learned during the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The same question that others have mentioned are asked. They want you to beg for the job and be in love with the company. Honestly, the recruiters tell you what to say during the interview. There are about seven buzzwords that you should use like accountability, responsibility, trust....etc. Plus some questions may sound like they care about your personal life, like, what are you passionate about? They don't care about your personal life, say something like "i'm passionate about reading because it has helped me in my personal life as well as in my PROFESSIONAL life, here's how..."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds American

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, record yourself for an online interview, day on the trade (shadowing for a day), panel interview.

I was flown to St Louis for a panel interview and did not receive an offer. They gave no indication as to why I didn't receive an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Houston, TX).

Interview

Online interviews with a test, day on the trade, then inperson.
    They take you to a panel where one room is mean and the other is nice. This is to see if you can adapt to different environments.

Interview Questions

• What does business integrity mean to you.   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, Video Recording of yourself answering questions, Day on the Trade (ride along with current territory managers in your area), then panel interview. I'm leaving this review because I wanted to let all of you beware that if you have a "bad" driving record, you will not get the job. When I say "bad" driving record I don't mean DUI or Reckless Driving. I mean if you have a decent amount of standard/low offense tickets (5 mph over). I was offered the position and after accepting I was given my territory which I was very excited about. I had my living situation all figured out (where I was going to live, who I was going to live with). The situation was looking great but then I got my offer rescinded because of my driving record which only consisted of minuscule ticket violations with the last ticket violation happening over a year ago. Thought I would share my story in case any of you have a similar situation.

Interview Questions

• How have you used data to help you make a decision that had a positive outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is quite lengthy- at least when I applied... 4 interviews were conducted. A phone interview is conducted first, then a video interview. If you pass those phases, then they will participate in a trade interview in which you will go to retail and see the day-to day duties in the role. Finally, it all culminates in a panel interview which was conducted by 6 individuals.

Interview Questions

• What is your relationship with tobacco?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

1) Applied online
    2) Contacted by recruiter via email
    3) 15 minute phone interview with recruiter
    4) Video response questions
    5) Day on the trade (DOTT) with a Territory Manager & District Manager

I feel like this company wasted my time. I first passed through the recruiter very quickly. Then when I had to contact my territory manager for the DOTT things went south. It took 2 weeks for him to set a date for my DOTT, which he set for a day that I told him I could not meet. This, after I had to call him over three times to check in to see what was taking so long. He gave me two days notice to take the day off work.

I managed to get the day off work and showed up early, dressed professionally. The TM & DM showed up 15 minutes late. We traveled to 2 stores, got lunch and I was dropped off at my car by 1pm. The TM seemed interested in me but the DM did not seem interested at all.

I was left without so much as a "thank you, we'll be in touch." I do not know what this company is looking for in a Territory Manager because I did everything right, I asked questions, listened, made good conversation, and was polite. I have plenty of experience to do this job.

I am honestly disappointed in how I was treated by this company. I would not apply with them again.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American.

Interview

Process is exactly how everyone stated. I initially applied through RJ Reynolds website myself. I received a call from a recruiter and then was told to complete a video interview. I was then told to do a day on the trade. I had trouble contacting the territory manager - he would not answer his phone and you could not leave a voicemail as his mailbox was full. After a couple emails he finally called me. The day on the trade went ok - the territory manager was as I expected him to be - all over the place mentally, wasting time. I was shocked RJ Reynolds hired someone like this. I asked him how long he had worked for the company. He said 3 years! I was shocked!! Three years and this is how you do your job? His boss also came with us; she was very stiff and a long time employee. The whole day was just frustrating as she was just on his case the whole day and was semi pleasant to me. I was polite, friendly, appropriate, hands on, asked a million questions. Which is why I was surprised to get a rejection email 3 business days later.

Interview Questions

• when have you ever broken company policy and why did you do it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

First the phone interview than right away receive an email about the video interview questionnaire which is 8 questions about your past work experience. You receive another email about dott. And than have a final panel interview where they fly you out to specific location where they are holding the panel.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds American (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

entire process took 4 weeks from the initial recruiter phone call/video questions/DOTT/panel interview. I was impressed with the amount of effort HR puts in making the final panel interview to run as smoothly as possible. They fly you out of town (hotel and airfare paid for) which in my case made me even more nervous! I interviewed with a total of 6 top level Exec's 3 in each room. Questions are average to difficult. And Yes, they do smoke while interviewing you (E-cigarettes) They do a thorough employment check/drug test/DMVR report/background check.

I had an overall great experience with everyone including my DM/TM i did a ride along with.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds American (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Long process in which they will give you multiple territories all over the country and try to get you to accept a terrible place. They will fly you somewhere for a night and take care of you. Very smooth process but does take around a month.