Reynolds and Reynolds Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Account Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The process starts with you receiving an email from a recruiter to complete an online application and some Aptitude tests. They want you to re enter all your work experience, References, as well as other information into their databases. After you finish this you begin the examinations. This feels like sat/act exams and they are a pain, imagine migrane headache meets hangover. They take a lot of effort and they give you less time than necessary to complete all the questions. You also lose 1/4 of a point for every question you get wrong so guessing is discouraged.

After you finish the nightmare that is the assessment you then take an ethics attitude exam is full of inane questions. It asks you if you such though provoking questions as " do youget lonely?" or "Do you like to steal or use drugs and tobacco products?" These questions serve no purpose other than to see if you can walk and chew gum at the same time. Anyway this entire process is so tedious and mentally draining you'll be lucky to finish it in a couple of hours.f you do well, like I did, you receive an email to schedule an in person interview and this is where the real circus begins.

After showing up you enter the recruiting office which is like an Orwellian nightmare with a bunch of small jail cell like office rooms and a big computer testing center that has cameras and signs warning that it is under surveillance, Snowden was right. You then end up wasting another two hours taking the assessment, which takes even longer on their garbage 1990 laggy computers that freeze up and load slow as hell from the years of abuse and neglect no doubt. The computers are a good metaphor for the employees, overworked and under-compensated.

Once you finish all this and score well you are then told to go wait in one of the prison holding cells like a good doggy. After 20 mins, or less if you're lucky, you get a Skype call from a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter is a typical interview where they ask the typical questions and try to low ball you with salary expectations.

If you did well in this part they ask you to stick around and wait for a department supervisor to come over. After they come over, another 20+ min wait, they interview you again 30mins+ At this point in they identify where they would like you to work with them given your skills, interview performance, as well as their openings. Then you go to the department and shadow for another 30 mins+.
After all this you interview yet again with the upper management and are then offered the position and a really low ball salary.

The company has a 1984 George Orwell feel to it and the employees look like robot brainwashed slaves. Culture is very uptight, hostile, and pedantic with formalities. The salaries suck, you'd make more if you skipped university and just worked your way up in McDonald's. Interview process makes you feel like cattle and is lengthy and time wasting. When you take the exam you will see the dozen other drones who are vying for a position as well. It would be considerable if the salaries were through the roof and the company had a good atmosphere, however even Google doesn't have this nonsense and they offer compensation that makes Reynolds seem like a hotdog stand and their interview process is not as reminiscent of a Guantanamo Bay holding facility.

One last after thought, the interview itself as well as the tests are very easy if you consider yourself intelligent. The waste of time, jail cells, and theatrics on the other hand make this a very difficult interview process to deal with, and with how little they will end up offering you, you could have used that time to sit at home and fill out those scam ad surveys that pay you $0.50 per survey. You end up making practically the same amount and you get to do it at home in your pjs.

Interview Questions

• Will you be a good doggy and work for a biscuit and some water 8 hours a day?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very detailed. Do your company research. The person that interviewed me was a VP, but makes you seem comfortable. Make sure to do everything earlier interview tells you what to do and do not skip over anything. If there is a book that they mention, make sure to do your research on that too. It is a long interview process, but it is a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and Skype interview, very quick on scheduling both. Extremely long online skills/personality testing early in process. Normal Question during interview, no response from the company for approx. 2 weeks after interview, had to reach out to find results. When results came back, it was a very generic email, with no reasoning for no offer, or explanation as to the delay, needing 3 emails and 2 phone calls to get an answer.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

After my experience with ReyRey and taking their tests I am convinced the company is run by die-hard conservative, pervasive old boys who think they are superior to others and are entitled to know about you PERSONAL life. I was shocked by the type of questions they asked, digging into your relationships within your family, touching on sensitive subjects for which there are no right answers and most importantly JUDGING you based on those answers. I don't know who wants to work for them. Are you ok with questions like "if both your spouse and child were drowning and you could save only one, who would you save?" " Do you hug your family members?" "Would you tell on your friend?". And tobacco use? I don't smoke and never have, but please leave smokers alone. How dare do you judge a person based on this addiction that is very hard to overcome? It doesn't mean they are unfit or will be a danger on the job.
    When you come to their "offices" there are about 50 people there taking the assessment. Makes you feel kind of "special", like they just picked whoever applied to their ad to participate in this "event". So, don't be glad that ReyRey recruiter contacted you - he also contacted hundreds others for the same job. They think they can just treat candidates like a herd.
    The algebra test was well described by previous reviewers. Overall impression - privacy invasion, extremely judgmental attitude, total waste of several hours of my time. I can only imagine what it would be like to work for a group like that, they may want to smell you everyday to make sure you are not smoking. Sounds like it's a type of org that would ask you for a note to go to a funeral... After all how can they trust their employees?
    Also, their office has some sort of 80s feel to it, like you stepped in the scenes of 80's soap opera or something, old interior, old tags on the employees displaying who long they've been a "team member". Who does that?
    Sent me a reject email 3 days after coming to their office. I could not care less if they didn't select me but I do value my time and feel bad that I wasted it with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you hug your family members? Are you affectionate? Would you tell on a very good friend?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

You will speak a few times with the recruiter via Skype. Then you will take an aptitude test, then another aptitude test that is proctored via Skype. Once they decide you are not the person they want, you will receive a form letter via email with no explanation as to why you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a challenging customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

2 emails with no phone discussion led to being a link to an "application". The application was a laborious exercise and a complete waste of time this early in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

He process was very tedious it was a lot of different tests and also a lot of paperwork. The first test that i took was a personality test. Then an altitude test. If the employees like you, and you score high enough you will have an in person or phone interview at one of their centers. Theses interviews may be in your city or at the headquarters in Texas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Many of the previous reviews were right on. I should have been more prepared and taken an algebra course! Very long process. Several emails and very impersonal. Long tests, many are timed. Personality, logic, algebra and other mathematical. They must have so many applicants that they want to screen out as many as possible. I understand, but think they are passing up on a lot of great sales talent. Like the other reviewers, I get the impression, they seem more fixated on whether someone knows their high school algebra versus being an excellent communicator and people-person with tons of in dealership operations experience. I have always been recruited and have only once had to test out for a job, so it was a wake-up call. Moving to a new area, and trying to go down a different career path. Ugh! Guess you have to look good to the computers scanning these resumes and tests. If you ace all of their tests, but can't sell a bag of beans or communicate with a client, do you still get the job? Algebra 101 here I come!

All in all, their company, their way of completing the process. The recruiters are just doing their jobs, but the process is such the opposite of what the actual position calls for. Maybe their HR employees responsible for hiring should have to be on every job they are recruit for as training! I bet the process would change a bit!

Interview Questions

• Several emails, then online testing. The math algebra questions were probably easy for most, but I have been out of school for some time and did not know what to prepare for. Have no excuse. Also had some trouble advancing the pages. I was on second to last page and when I finished, I didn't realize until after that pages were skipped over.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I initially applied through my university career center. I was then contacted about a week later from an HR representative. From their the process consisted of seemingly endless interviews and tests. The tests in particular became increasingly aggravating given how I was asked to repeat the exact same test several times. This went on for several months until they ultimately reached a decision. While I understand that hiring the right people takes some time, taking several months seemed like a waste of both mine and the employers time.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in January 2015.

Interview

The process is a bit crazy. There are several tests that need to be completed and a huge stack of review and reading. At the end I really was not impressed with the company or the process.

Interview Questions

A dated product that really offers its customers little value.