Reynolds and Reynolds Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

3.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

I received an email asking me to choose a time and date for an appointment to take a qualification test. They also provided samples of the questions. I honestly felt like I was taking my SAT's again. They sent me to a room with computers and there were about 20 other people taking tests. It made me think that anyone who sent in a resume got to take this test, no matter their experience and qualifications for the position. I couldn't finish the test due to another appointment I had so I'm guessing that's why I was passed over, or maybe i did that terribly on the other portions. Either way, I didn't get a very good feeling about the company based on this experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

They make you jump through a lot of hoops for nothing. You have to take 2 hours worth of tests at home and if you pass they invite you to test on site. If you manage to pass the three timed sections (fairly basic stuff, noticing sequences, basic algebra, and noticing patterns with a bunch of shapes.) Then you sit down and speak with the hiring manager via SKYPE. weird.. Why couldn't she just meet with me in person? Not sure. Then you speak with the director of the department. That's as far as I got in the process. I'm assuming I wasn't good enough to the director due to the, "we'll give you a call in 3 to 5 business days" she gave me at the end of the interview. (That's what the receptionist tells everyone at the front if they didn't make it past the tests.) They don't even bother to call you and reject you, they send you a rejection email more than a week later.

Interview Questions

• So if you were hired here would you leave the other jobs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I applied online and received an email letting me know they wanted me to come in for testing/possible interview. There were preliminary psych evaluations, "ethics" tests, and IQ tests I had to take before showing up that required a little less than two hours to complete. When I showed up I had to go through more tests! They were much of the same (IQ and personality tests). Mind you I have not spoken to anyone up to this point. Well, I finish up and they tell me to wait out in the lobby, which I figured was a good sign since others were not asked to do so. Well, I go in for an interview with a girl who tells me the position I applied for was already filled and that I could apply for another one...okaaaaaay that sort of thing shouldn't happen. Well I guess their extensive computer testing is like the sorting hat from Hogwartz so who am I to question it? Well I went through a few more interviews after her that were a surprising contrast to the rigidity of the previous portion of the interview process. Mind you, I got a lot of the usual questions so if you go in there well prepared you should be fine as they really were quite personable. Oddly enough, one of the earliest questions I was asked by the first interviewer was about salary range. I didn't know anything about the job itself and yet I was supposed to answer this question! I ended up giving my expected salary, which is at the lower end of the range I found online, and she said the job was at a lower salary (A LOT less). I had come this far so I figured go on. I guess as part of the formal interview you have to fill out the long form application. This is where things got really weird. I was asked questions about smoking, indirect questions about my marital status, and direct questions about my parents...the whole thing felt really uncomfortable as NONE of that has anything to do with my ability to do the job for which I had not even applied for in the first place. Well, I was there so I answered them and was administered an oral drug test right then and there. A few weeks later I received an offer for about twenty percent less than my lowest expected salary range and I tell you what I did my research on that end so what gives?

Interview Questions

• What was your parents' education level/occupation?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke?   1 Answer
    • What would your spouse have to say about your career something or another?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

You're scheduled for an interview time. Upon arrival, you check in and proceed to a testing lab with at least 15 other people at the same time. There are several tests you need to complete. I finished testing after an hour only to be told after the fact, that the position was part time and starting at 8.50/hr. I left.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Was required to take a personality test and aptitude assessment which tested math skills (mainly algebra). I was invited back for an interview the day of the aptitude assessment. Wasn't given a job offer though. The people were very friendly at this site. After the interview I was asked to fill out another application that asked me questions about my parent's careers. It also asked about my spouse's career and his parents careers. Other questions included my greatest failure, greatest success, and future career plans.

Interview Questions

• Why Reynolds and Reynolds? What I think I can contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2014.

Interview

The aptitude test is a joke. I have over 15 years experience, but because I don't remember algebra I wasn't hired. I wasn't even offered an interview. A complete waste of time!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in May 2014.

Interview

As you'll read time and time again, their interview process is intense. I applied for about 6 positions within the company, they contacted me within a week via email. After scheduling my proctored exam on campus, I was asked to take a series of assessments. They differ based on the position they are looking at you for. Mine included a morals questionnaire, asked a lot about stealing and smoking pot, so, if you are a klepto or pot-head, need not apply. I also has a number identification test, a lot of word problems. Most of them are timed. I had to take the morals exam over again because I had too many middle ground answers, but it didn't affect me moving forward.
    The assessment on campus is NOT WRITTEN TO BE COMPLETED. Do yourself a favor and STUDY. I spend about an hour the night before working through algebra problems. It wasn't so much so I would get answers correct, it was to help me feel more prepared walking in so I could think clearly.
    After I completed the hour long assessment, I was asked to wait for about 20 minutes to talk with a recruiter. It really does depend on their availability as to whether they talk with you that day or not.
    Recruiter was nice, about mid-20's. I would recommend bringing a resume, I had submitted mine online but she didn't seem to have it with her. She really cared mostly about how I work best and what sort of environment I thrive is.
    In the end, they said I would be a better fit for a position they don't have at the moment and they would keep my resume on file. When they say it, they mean it. A friend of mine applied for one position, took the assessment, they said he would be better for something else and they called and interviewed him a few months later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the order in the meeting with recruiter, the moral's exam felt like it asked about a lot of gray areas but wanted someone very black and white.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Kettering, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied in March and was contacted within a few days to set up an interview. I performed approximately 3 hours worth of pre-interview tests at home (vocab, math, history, personality, ethics) before ever going in. Upon my arrival I was ushered into a room to perform an IQ test, more math assessments, and one last personality exam. Afterwards I went through a series of four interviews lasting about half an hour each over several hours (lots of waiting), which culminated in my being given the long form application (including the type of questions below) and eventually administered an on-site oral drug test and assenting to a background check. I was told the drug screening was "a good sign." The whole thing from testing to interviews lasts about 8 hours and has nearly a dozen and a half ways in which to dismiss your candidacy so I would have to regard it as an overall arduous process given the entry level position being sought. On the other hand, Reynolds and Reynolds has pretty much responded naturally to the economic times they live in so one can hardly be surprised to see them asking for every piece of information they can from of their prospective employees even if the position is entry level and lower than average pay.

I don't blindly submit applications. I knew about Reynolds and Reynolds reputation and attrition rate before submitting my resume but I feel I can circumvent this problem by just being a better employee and worse comes to worst I can move on. I pretty much only see people in their early twenties working there so I assume what has been said elsewhere on this site about Reynolds is likely true in the way of employees leaving but who knows? Nevertheless, I want the opportunity so I am taking it.

Advice: If you have a college degree it is likely the math/logic/history sections will pose no significant threat to your candidacy but definitely do take the practice tests they send you as they will help. Also, I know a little bit about personality assessments and I can tell you Reynolds' exam is a step above the standard test. I highly suggest studying how to take these tests effectively in order to boost your chances of acceptance. I suspect A LOT of candidates unknowingly wash out due to this portion of the hiring process. Also, be prepared for an endurance trial when it comes to the actual interviews. Every interview is a chance to be accepted/dismissed and each subsequent meeting is more important than the last so don't relax your efforts as you move up the gauntlet. If you do well they will ask you to take an onsite drug screening and to allow them access to your credit/criminal background. Lastly, I waited a few weeks before receiving an offer so you may have to be patient.

Interview Questions

• What ambitions does your spouse have for you? What were your father and mother's education/employment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Kettering, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

It was very drawn out... I was at the facility for over 6 hours on my interview day and then was given no reason as to why i was declined. By all accounts it was going incredibly well, but I still - to this day - have no idea what could have happened

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest disappointment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

This employer makes you take a ridiculous 4 hour personality/ethics/intelligence test. I spent hours taking this test so I could essentially answer phones all day, it was total overkill. Then they filled the position before I even had my scheduled face to face interview, but the worst part was that they didn't even bother to call me on the phone to tell me, they just sent a one line email that ended up in my spam folder. I have a great job now and feel lucky not to work here, the lack of respect in the interview process is just a preview of the way they treat their employees I'm sure.

Interview Questions

• 25 algebra word problems that you must complete in 30mins with no calculator   1 Answer