Reynolds and Reynolds Graphic Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.3

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I felt like I was interviewing for the CIA or something with the freaking tests they require you go through if they're interested. What the freak do my math abilities have to do with a graphic design job?! I AM AN ARTIST FOR A REASON, I DON'T MATH WELL.

According to another review, someone went through all this, and they only offered them $9.50 an hour, like, wtf?! Whoever ends up getting the bloody job deserves at LEAST $25 an hour just for putting up with the over invasive questionnaires and stupid logic tests. I feel like whoever made that process company standard is some stuck up dude who only wants "smart people" to work for them, when really those bull tests prove jack.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was directed to take a 2 hour long assessment that consisted of alpha sequencing, number sequences, math word problems (no calculator), vocabulary, image sequencing, trivia and they were all timed! The interview and where I would be working at is 40 minutes away from me and after all that they were only willing to offer me $9.50/hour. Scheduled for an interview and made the drive only to be stuck in front of a computer for an hour retaking the math word problems and the sequences with other intervewees. Then after was ushered into a room where I awaited a Skype call after a good 15 minutes, only for them to tell me that they could only offer me $9.50/hour and I said that was going to be a problem for me because I would still need something to live off of (not my exact words of course). She said okay, she'll put me down to call back in December if I wanted to change my mind. All questions were multiple choice thankfully.

Interview Questions

• ABCABCDABCDEABCDE What's next?   Answer Question
    • ABDGKLP What's next?   1 Answer
    • The cost to make a bracelet (or whatever it was) is .73$ (or whatever number) and the cost to market a bracelet is .40$. 50,000 bracelets will be sold. What should each bracelet be sold at in order to make a 20% profit?   Answer Question
    • Do you smoke?   Answer Question
    • What sport is Michael Jordan famous for?   Answer Question
    • What country did Princess Diane die in?   Answer Question
    • A printer is rented for (again I don't remember exact numbers - but the point is for you to understand how to do this problem) 500$/month for 5 years. A co-worker does the math and discovers it would've been $1,000 cheaper to buy the printer and pay a 50$/month maintenance charge. How much was the cost of the printer?   Answer Question
    • Look at the 4 images, what comes next?   Answer Question
    • Vocabulary questions (only on the first assessment)   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I applied online through Linkedin and a few days later I received in email in regards to taking the next steps forward in the hiring process. Which included a link and attachments to Personality and Aptitude Assessment tests with a time duration of 1:45mins.

Interview Questions

• I have not made it to this part of the process as I have just received this email.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I Applied on line, and the process took about 2 weeks. and I was asked to take several tests, such as aptitude, Vocabulary test and Algebra test. The test was time-limited and difficult. However, I didn't get contact for next interview but a great experience though.....But seriously why does a graphic designer need to take those kind of algebra test? I am not here to apply for accountant position.

Interview Questions

• Jill starts at a salary of $30,000 per year and receives benefits that cost the company 50% of her salary. She gets 12 weeks of training, 2 weeks of vacation, and 10 paid holidays. Using 52 weeks per year, 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day, and not counting the trainer's cost, how much does it cost the company for every DAY in the first year that she is available to help a customer?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in July 2015.

Interview

The initial "interview" ended up being nothing more than just another computer assessment, which was not what was expected. The assessment was a generic one that was aimed towards "pattern recognition", which was nothing more than a numerical assessment and offered very little towards actual graphic design. Overall, the building was nice and the employees were polite, but the assessments were overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, just online mathematics assessments.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2015.

Interview

After a phone interview with an HR representative, I thought I had a very good chance at the job. However, they never had any further communication with me and I spent weeks calling for follow up with know information. I never even got to speak with someone in the department I would be working in. I was left with a lot of questions that were never answered.

Interview Questions

• She asked a lot of basic, high level questions about my resume. Nothing in depth.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The hiring process that they use is LONG. They have you take assessment after assessment. Some of the things you come across will seem pointless. They make sure your expected salary is negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone Pre-Screen:
    Very quick five question screen to see if you are worth their time and if they are worth your time! Mostly pertains to if you smoke (they are a non-smoking campus) and what your desired work hours are like and things of that nature. It's very easy to get past this initial screening process but they will pass you on to one of the most difficult portions of the interview process where Reynolds and Reynolds will screen out most of their applicants.

Aptitude Test:
    When I interviewed with them, they told me this was similar to a portion of a test they give to air traffic controllers and I needed to study for it. It will go over all kinds of types of question, from algebra to definitions. You will be timed and there are a lot of sections to the test (I think it was 14 by the time I was done). Much like testing for SAT or ACTs, you must answer your questions smart or skip them. It is done on a point scale and you get points off for answering wrong, but no points removed for skipping a question. Though, if you only answer one question out of 20, it is probably taken into account as well.

Recruiter/Department Interviews:
    You finally really get to speak to a person about what you can do! Be honest about yourself and your expectations. You can expect it to be like any other traditional interview. If you impress them, they will pass you on to the department where you'll be interviewed by one or two more people that you'd be working with directly. There isn't really an opportunity to negotiate a salary, so make sure you have a base in mind if you really can't accept below a certain amount and be honest with yourself about that base.

Skills Test:
    They will test your skills so make sure you know what you're doing when it comes to graphic design. It's not difficult if you know your code and have a decent eye for design. You'll be evaluated though by a few different people, but be confident in what you're doing and also, be yourself in your work!

Once you get to this point, if they like you, they'll continue on with a background check and all those things before proceeding to an offer stage. It can take upwards of a month and a half, so be patient if you want to work for them!

Interview Questions

• Questions on the Aptitude test!! Especially as a designer, being asked corporate business questions or algebra that hasn't been touched since early high school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I had my base and my range, but I said for certain I could not go below my base.

They do bring in designers with a very specific range in mind and will pass on designers that are above their high-range if they deem them too expensive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

There is quite a lot of steps in Reynolds and Reynolds hiring process including testing that seems very much like an IQ test and also a personality test. I had wished there had been more specific questions about my ability to actually do the specific job since much of the testing was irrelevant to the position I was applying for. Still, it was a better process than some companies that I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the process was answering questions on the test that had to do with sales, programming, or international business. These question had nothing to do with graphic design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I received an e-mail asking for my availability for a Skype interview, which consisted of very typical interview questions ("What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses, Why do you want to work for us?", etc). After this, I was given additional paperwork to do that involved some other typical interview-type questions as well as a few odd ones (like what kinds of pets I had as a child), an aptitude test for logic, problem-solving, and algebra (for some reason), as well as an ethics survey that mostly asked about your opinions of alcohol and marijuana during work hours. The second interview was another Skype interview that asked me different but still very standard interview questions. I was then given a set of three graphics projects to complete within a 24-hour span-- they were materials that would be made on the job. I then was scheduled for a third interview with a department manager over the phone. A week later I was informed that they would not be moving forward with my application process at this time.
    The company representatives usually responded to my latest application step within a week and were always very courteous.