Reynolds and Reynolds Software Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Software Support Specialist Interview Questions

3.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is definitely super intensive. The very first step in the interview process is an aptitude test that involves three sections. The first two sections are pretty easy if you take your time with them. For the sequence section I suggest making the letters into numbers ex: A,B,C,D = 1,2,3,4. The math section of the test is pretty difficult. I probably only answered 8 of them out of the 25 questions. They give you a practice test beforehand, but it is not similar to the actual test. For the math part of the section I suggest that you do NOT answer if you do not know the answer. You will get more against you if you answer incorrectly rather than leaving it blank. This is probably what allowed me to get further into the interview process.

After I took the test, the recruiter took me into this other room to have me answer more questions more about myself this time. I answered questions such as what sports do I like to play/watch, do you smoke, etc. Pretty simple. Following that I went into a small room with one of the recruiters for my "first" interview. Very straightforward interview questions. I tried to be as personable as I could.

She then told me that she would like for me to meet with/interview with the head of my department I would be working in so I waited in the room for about 45 minutes until I was told that they were at lunch so I left for an hour and then came back. I was a little annoyed with this, but it happens. When I met with the heads of the department, they both asked me situation interview questions and other pretty basic interview questions.

After this interview, they took me on a tour of the building and had me sit down with someone who was working where I would work and see what the day-to-day job would be like. I also met with the vice president of the department and the department supervisor. They basically told me I had the job but did not give me a full offer yet. I was led back down to the recruiting center and took a drug test and filled out a background check thing.

A couple of days after my interviews I got a call from the recruiting department and they told me that another one of the vice presidents wanted to do a skype interview with me so I did that the next day. He also asked me a lot of situation type questions and this only lasted about 30 minutes.

About 10 minutes after we hung up, the recruiter called me and offered me the job and I accepted.

It is a really exhausting interview process, but it is worth it because this company has been great so far.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you felt stressed.   1 Answer

Software Support Specialist Interview

Interview

They seem to place a lot of emphasis on a logic-type aptitude test that I had taken when they were Universal Computer Systems (UCS). It had things like recognizing number patterns and word knowledge. It seems regardless of your ability to do well in a position with them, they place an inordinate amount of importance on the test for some reason. Even before they interview you and whether or not you desire to work there, they want your score.

They tested a lot of people and many don't get called back for an interview. The testing process takes more than an hour and can use up much of your time. I think you can learn how to take the test and do well on it. Even if you do well on it, it does not mean you will get a job offer from them. They contacted me some years later for my resume posting and was interested in interviewing me, which required taking that test again and filling out an application before having an interview and not knowing if I was even interested in the position. I decided to forgo their cumbersome process, especially since the pay was probably very modest for the effort.

Interview Questions

• They seem to be very concerned about if an applicant uses of tobacco or smokes. Well, regardless if I do or not, they ought to factor in if allowing smoking has benefits. I worked in a technology department and a number of people smoked on their breaks because it relaxed them enough to overcome the stress and complete their projects.   Answer Question

Software Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Before you take the in office assessment, you will have to do an online assessment which is pretty easy since there is no wrong answer really. You then go to the office to do an aptitude assessment. If you do well on the first two parts it could make up for the algebra part because it is pretty difficult. I'd suggest not guessing because wrong answers will deduct your overall score. If you don't speak with a recruiting agent after your aptitude test than you probably won't get called back. Overall I met with some very nice people within the company which didn't make me nervous to do the interview at all

Software Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Sent my resume, got an email to call between times, had a 10 minute phone interview about basic eligibility and salary expectations. Had to complete 2 hour aptitude test and ethics survey with timed and untimed sections, as well as detailed application form.

Software Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in December 2011.

Interview

I applied to the company and then heard back shortly after. Before I had an interview I had to take about 2-3 hours of assessments including math, vocabulary and personality tests. I then had an interview over skype that lasted about 45 mins in which I was asked basic questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "what are you looking for in a job?". At the end of the interview I was explained what the position would be like and asked if I was still interested. After the interview I was contacted again and asked to take another round of personality and ethics assessments.