Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Took about 5 days to contact me back.
    Did a two hours online test.
    Test included: abstract aptitude test, math problems, general knowledge.
    Also a situational judgment test , drugs, theft, and alcohol use in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Who were Germany's allies in World War 2?   2 Answers

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Presented with a 2 hour online personality, mental, and ethics test that must be completed in 2 business days. These types of tests are ridiculous as a pre-screen tooling. It's lazy on the part of Reynolds & Reynolds to depend on people spending hours doing stupid tests. After spending a bunch of time answering math word problems, vocabulary, shapes, and deceptive ethics questions, I was done. I just skipped the last several sections. If they need an IQ test for prospective candidates, they are not the type of company that is driven by their employees. They are a company that is all about the numbers which means low pay, low satisfaction work with high turn-over rates.

After reviewing Glassdoor, I saw the salary for this position was an absolute joke. I wouldn't be happy at twice the salary.

Interview Questions

• Glove is to hand as shoe is to?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The biggest waste of my time ever.

The application took twenty minutes, I had a fifteen minute phone interview, followed by two hours of testing, then a half hour skype interview, followed by the most absurd questionnaire I've ever received "what're your parents, spouses parents, and spouse names, title, occupation, and location?" "What kind of car do you drive? What is the payment?" "What kind of animals did you have as a child?" "What are your spouses ambitions for you?" "Do you pay child support? Alimony?"

I explained to the HR girl that many of these questions made me uncomfortable and that I would only answer what I was comfortable with. Surprise, surprise - I promptly received a rejection email two days after returning this questionnaire half filled out. This questionnaire took me about a half hour as well and I'm fairly certain that some of the questions they asked aren't even legal to ask a potential employee.

PS the job was described as providing a company car - during the interview process, the HR rep explained to me that they draw from your paycheck between $250-400/month to pay for the vehicle... if you have to pay for it - is that really a company car?

Marketing Communications Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process starts with a set of personality tests that you get sent by e-mail, which you must complete before going to take more tests in person. I went to college already, I thought I was done with pointless exams. Plus the tests seemed really interested in my history as a petty thief (I'm not), and I really don't want to work in an environment where management assumes things about employees. I cancelled the interview process due to the bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Agree or disagree: every employee steals occasionally.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Took an hour long assessment a day after I applied. A couple days later they responded saying that my test and shown inconclusive and asked me to retake it. I was hesitant because the first one was such a pain in the rear, I didn't want to waste my time if I wasn't going to get the interview. However, despite my better judgement, I took the hour-long assessment a second time. A week later I got an email saying I wouldn't be moving forward. Whoever thought up this hiring system is a complete moron. Who do these people think they are? Google? The FBI? No. Don't waste your time unless doing pointless assessments for mediocre companies is a hobby of yours.

Interview Questions

• In the house the mom and dad have five sons and three daughters. The sons have three sons each and the daughters have five sons each except on
      who has only one. How many bla bla bla   1 Answer

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was directed to take a 2 hour long assessment that consisted of alpha sequencing, number sequences, math word problems (no calculator), vocabulary, image sequencing, trivia and they were all timed! The interview and where I would be working at is 40 minutes away from me and after all that they were only willing to offer me $9.50/hour. Scheduled for an interview and made the drive only to be stuck in front of a computer for an hour retaking the math word problems and the sequences with other intervewees. Then after was ushered into a room where I awaited a Skype call after a good 15 minutes, only for them to tell me that they could only offer me $9.50/hour and I said that was going to be a problem for me because I would still need something to live off of (not my exact words of course). She said okay, she'll put me down to call back in December if I wanted to change my mind. All questions were multiple choice thankfully.

Interview Questions

• ABCABCDABCDEABCDE What's next?   Answer Question
    • ABDGKLP What's next?   1 Answer
    • The cost to make a bracelet (or whatever it was) is .73$ (or whatever number) and the cost to market a bracelet is .40$. 50,000 bracelets will be sold. What should each bracelet be sold at in order to make a 20% profit?   Answer Question
    • Do you smoke?   Answer Question
    • What sport is Michael Jordan famous for?   Answer Question
    • What country did Princess Diane die in?   Answer Question
    • A printer is rented for (again I don't remember exact numbers - but the point is for you to understand how to do this problem) 500$/month for 5 years. A co-worker does the math and discovers it would've been $1,000 cheaper to buy the printer and pay a 50$/month maintenance charge. How much was the cost of the printer?   Answer Question
    • Look at the 4 images, what comes next?   Answer Question
    • Vocabulary questions (only on the first assessment)   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

7 sections of assessments, 4 are timed.
    Boy, be ready to question everything you think you know about yourself or feel confident about. There's a vocab section that wasn't bad, an alpha sequence section, a section where you're basically making sure two sets of numbers are identical (how is this relevant?) in 15 mins, a math section, and a history-random knowledge section.
    Needless to say I made it to the end of the war. Wounded, scarred, and in mental anguish, but I'm alive. (I know I'm being dramatic but it was pretttttty hard)

Interview Questions

• Where did Princess Diana die? (Yes, actual question)   1 Answer

Customer Training Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

1) First step is a test and re-entering your resume data on their web app. (2 hour long test which is basically an IQ test)
    2) Interview with HR rep (basic interview over Skype)
    3) Re-take test but proctored
    4) Interview with members of company in person
    5) Further interviews with higher-ups

You start at 30K CDN and make close to 33K after probation.You must pay them ~$150 biweekly for a company car (which also artificially raises your gross income so you loss income via taxes). At the end of the day you are putting long hours away from home into a professional-like job and getting slightly over minimum wage ( not to mention their pension is 50% contribution to 3% even though the industry standard is 6%). Does this hassle seem worth it? I don't think so. Stay far away from this greedy corporation.

I normally take glassdoor reviews with a grain of salt. However, I should have listened and not wasted my time.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Like mentioned in a pass review, I received email saying I would be perfect for position and given link to take an assessment. Never heard back I'm not a good test taker so I'm assuming I failed this is sad because I really was looking forward to a face to face or even phone interview. seemed like a nice company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Like taking the SAT, lots of math and puzzle quizzes nothing really had to do with the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Remote Call Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The application and aptitude test they have you take is absolutely ridiculous. Its practically a mini SAT. Its asks very invasive questions and asks you to repeat everything you have already emailed them on your resume. They ask you if you smoke and if you hug your family. The math questions are hard for someone that doesn't use percentages and fractions in their everyday life especially while timed and with no calculator. Why would I as a call analyst need to know how to calculate profit or deprecation? Its a joke for a part time job that reportedly pay less than $8 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Find the next letter in the pattern: KIGE = E D B F or C   3 Answers
    • A printer has an original value of $6000. If it depreciates at a rate of 7 percent each year, what is its value at the end of 8 years? $4000 $1960 $4280 $3360 $2640   1 Answer
    • What country did princess Diana die in?   2 Answers
    • What sport is the world cup for?   1 Answer
    • What sport made Michael Jordan famous?   2 Answers

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Interview

They send you an email with a test to take. It's long and doesn't even contain any questions about the job you are applying for. Highscool math questions and some weird puzzles.