Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

3.2

Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email with links to online personality assessment and logic, general knowledge and basic math assessments. It was long, tedious and boring for someone that's been out of school for a long time.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Assessment Problems: A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%? (Sample Aptitude Assessment Problems)

Interview Questions

• A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%? (Sample Aptitude Assessment Problems)   Answer Question

Customer Training Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

1) First step is a test and re-entering your resume data on their web app. (2 hour long test which is basically an IQ test)
    2) Interview with HR rep (basic interview over Skype)
    3) Re-take test but proctored
    4) Interview with members of company in person
    5) Further interviews with higher-ups

You start at 30K CDN and make close to 33K after probation.You must pay them ~$150 biweekly for a company car (which also artificially raises your gross income so you loss income via taxes). At the end of the day you are putting long hours away from home into a professional-like job and getting slightly over minimum wage ( not to mention their pension is 50% contribution to 3% even though the industry standard is 6%). Does this hassle seem worth it? I don't think so. Stay far away from this greedy corporation.

I normally take glassdoor reviews with a grain of salt. However, I should have listened and not wasted my time.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied to Reynolds and Reynolds by sending a CV to their recruiter. I got an email reply that told me to fill out an application form (basically just filling out a form with everything that already was in my CV) and 3 Tests (Personality Assessment, an Aptitude Assessment, and an Ethics Assessment).

The first two were more or less your standard tests where you have to choose a picture that continues a pattern. The tests were long and boring, but a lot of companies have them so I wasn't surprised. The ethics assessment had a lot of weird questions like "Does a person who smokes weed once a week have a drug problem", "Would you tell on a coworker that steals from the office", "Would you come to work high". A lot of questions about smoking weed and stealing. Frankly, it made me pretty uncomfortable, as if the company assumed anyone applying is automatically a criminal and a junkie. Oh, also they don't hire anyone that uses tobacco in any way. I don't smoke, but I wouldn't work for a company that discriminates like that.

After passing this stage, I got a Skype interview with the HR person. I was asked pretty general questions about my background, some of the points on my CV, general plans about the future. Nothing difficult here. The connection cut out halfway through so we concluded the interview on the phone.

I passed that stage and was invited to the office in Birmingham. I had two separate interviews with two people pretty high up in the company. They both asked pretty much the same questions (the first one even admitted the second one would ask the same things). I really don't understand why we couldn't have done this interview once with both of them present in the room. They asked me some questions about my CV/experience/aspirations. Nothing too technical - didn't even have to solve any problems. After that I had to do the EXACT SAME Aptitude test as I've taken before, in a freezing room where the thermostat wouldn't go up. I felt like the company was wasting my time at that point. They really want you to answer the same questions twice, be it in interviews or online tests.

I passed this stage and got a job offer from the company. The salary was very small compared to what other companies offer their Graduate Software Devs. Moreover, they wanted me to come to their office ASAP to take a drug test, and needed me to fill out some more forms to help them do background checks on me (passing these was a condition for the job offer). I was considering going through with this all until I saw the questions in those forms. Some of them were, in my opinion, extremely personal, like "What are your spouse's aspirations for you", "What clubs were you a part of in high school", "What are your spouse's parents addresses". I do think a company should know that much about me. It was pretty creepy to be honest. I cancelled the drug test and rejected the offer after this.

Overall, the whole process was extremely inefficient. The aptitude tests are ridiculously boring as they are, and when they make you do them twice it honestly feels like they're not respecting you or your time. The in-person interviews weren't difficult, but the redundancy of the second interview just reinforced my feeling like they didn't care about my time. If they treated me like this, I'm afraid to imagine how they treat their employees. The office is very gray and boring as well, so I feel like it would've been pretty soul crushing to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• A, C, E, G -- what is the next letter? (easiest example I can remember)   1 Answer

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Like mentioned in a pass review, I received email saying I would be perfect for position and given link to take an assessment. Never heard back I'm not a good test taker so I'm assuming I failed this is sad because I really was looking forward to a face to face or even phone interview. seemed like a nice company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Like taking the SAT, lots of math and puzzle quizzes nothing really had to do with the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First there was the 2 hours of personality & IQ tests. Those are OK as I understand companies are relying more & more on these tests to find "ideal" candidates. After the tests there was a Skype interview with a recruiter/HR in the Texas office. Rebecca was very friendly, very forthcoming & overall the conversation was very pleasant. Very basic job history & responsibilities questions, talk about the role, etc...

After that comes another questionnaire you are required to fill out with personal information like where your parents live & work, what pets you had as a child, how much (if any) in alimony or child support do you pay, and do you use tobacco. That is the big bug-a-boo... they do RANDOM NICOTINE TESTING because they are a "tobacco-free company both on the job & off." I am a non-smoker (cigarettes) but from time to time (every few month or so) i like to enjoy a cigar with a friend. This is apparently against company policy. A company that delves this much into my personal life is not one I want to work for. All the reviews of micromanagement and lack of work/life balance start to sound like they are legitimate.

Interview Questions

• pretty standard what did you do, what did you like about it types of questions regarding past employment history.   Answer Question

I am not willing to let the company control my private life beyond making sure I am not taking drugs (which could, of course, affect my employment)

Remote Call Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The application and aptitude test they have you take is absolutely ridiculous. Its practically a mini SAT. Its asks very invasive questions and asks you to repeat everything you have already emailed them on your resume. They ask you if you smoke and if you hug your family. The math questions are hard for someone that doesn't use percentages and fractions in their everyday life especially while timed and with no calculator. Why would I as a call analyst need to know how to calculate profit or deprecation? Its a joke for a part time job that reportedly pay less than $8 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Find the next letter in the pattern: KIGE = E D B F or C   2 Answers
    • A printer has an original value of $6000. If it depreciates at a rate of 7 percent each year, what is its value at the end of 8 years? $4000 $1960 $4280 $3360 $2640   1 Answer
    • What country did princess Diana die in?   2 Answers
    • What sport is the world cup for?   1 Answer
    • What sport made Michael Jordan famous?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Multi-step process. Went through a series of online aptitude tests before getting an interview with a recruiter. After that, you are given an assignment to demonstrate your skills within the department. Finally, you interview with members in the department you will work for

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Extensive. You will interview with recruiting, prospective supervisors and managers, and your prospective VP. There is also a test to help the company determine the best position for you. Depending on your performance, they might offer you a job other than the one you applied for.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner and drinks with any person, who would it be and what would you talk about?   1 Answer

ROI Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Was sent a personality and ethics assessment to complete at home. Then scheduled to come in to take the aptitude assessment. After the test I was told to wait and a recruiter would be out shortly to meet with me.

Interview Questions

• What helps you make your final decision when choosing a company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

After the offer was made, there wasn't much negotiation, you have to start on a Monday, so no starting within the week. There is no vacation time the first year unless you have worked there before. Benefits start 3 months after start time.