Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Took about 5 days to contact me back.
    Did a two hours online test.
    Test included: abstract aptitude test, math problems, general knowledge.
    Also a situational judgment test , drugs, theft, and alcohol use in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Who were Germany's allies in World War 2?   2 Answers

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Presented with a 2 hour online personality, mental, and ethics test that must be completed in 2 business days. These types of tests are ridiculous as a pre-screen tooling. It's lazy on the part of Reynolds & Reynolds to depend on people spending hours doing stupid tests. After spending a bunch of time answering math word problems, vocabulary, shapes, and deceptive ethics questions, I was done. I just skipped the last several sections. If they need an IQ test for prospective candidates, they are not the type of company that is driven by their employees. They are a company that is all about the numbers which means low pay, low satisfaction work with high turn-over rates.

After reviewing Glassdoor, I saw the salary for this position was an absolute joke. I wouldn't be happy at twice the salary.

Interview Questions

• Glove is to hand as shoe is to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I took an at home assessment that took well over an hour, then went in for an on site assessment that took about 40 minutes. After the on site assessment I was informed that all the interviewers were currently busy and they would call or email me to set up an interview on another day. Instead they emailed me saying that they weren't interested in hiring me without so much as an interview. I'm not one for bragging, but I can guarantee that I did well enough on the assessments to warrant an interview, especially since I was being recommended for the position by someone in the company. This worker has since told me that they are supposed to interview all applicants at least once, said that it must have been a mistake, and told me to call recruitment and ask them about why I wasn't interviewed. They didn't answer any of my 7+ calls throughout the week, nor did they call back when I left my name and number. It was a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of pattern matching problems and word problems, too many to complete within the given time constraints.   Answer Question

Bench Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX).

Interview

Called into an office and take a weird SAT like test and then an in person interview in the back. There were alot of others getting hired in different positions but at the same company. They give you a tour. You have to sit in the back to take a test on the computer. THey give you like prep questions too. The in person afterwards is more like a typical interview. I think there was a weird quiz thing online before all this that took forever also.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The biggest waste of my time ever.

The application took twenty minutes, I had a fifteen minute phone interview, followed by two hours of testing, then a half hour skype interview, followed by the most absurd questionnaire I've ever received "what're your parents, spouses parents, and spouse names, title, occupation, and location?" "What kind of car do you drive? What is the payment?" "What kind of animals did you have as a child?" "What are your spouses ambitions for you?" "Do you pay child support? Alimony?"

I explained to the HR girl that many of these questions made me uncomfortable and that I would only answer what I was comfortable with. Surprise, surprise - I promptly received a rejection email two days after returning this questionnaire half filled out. This questionnaire took me about a half hour as well and I'm fairly certain that some of the questions they asked aren't even legal to ask a potential employee.

PS the job was described as providing a company car - during the interview process, the HR rep explained to me that they draw from your paycheck between $250-400/month to pay for the vehicle... if you have to pay for it - is that really a company car?

RFID Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

After a short skills test, you are put in a room where several hiring managers come in and interview you - not just for the job you want, but any others that are hiring until one manager says yes.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Very quick to reply after i applied to online, You have to take 1 hour 45 minutes online pre-screening testing after they reach out to you. You have to take it again in person.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Before receiving an interview, I had to complete many assessments which took a lot of time. Many were timed and had seemingly random questions. It was a little disappointing to send all that time taking these assessments and then not have at least a phone interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2017.

Interview

After applying, they make you complete an assessment online. Even though they say it is a 1 hour and 45 minutes long assessment, it takes much more than that to complete. There are several sections and there is very little time to complete them. On the mathematics section they give you 30 minutes to answer about 35 problems. These math problems are designed to be tricky and they expect you to answer these without a calculator. With less than a minute per problem, they expect you to understand the problem and proceed to calculate by hand. It is not only absurd to ask this, but also any cheater can find these problems online and quickly answer them, putting honest applicants at a disadvantage.

Before taking the assessment, I checked for opinions on this website. Some guy said, and I quote, 'I felt I was applying to become the CEO of Google'. I was quick to dismiss this comment. After completing such assessment, I must disagree.... it felt more like applying to become the next President of the US.

After I submitted my assessments, more than 7 days passed without any response from the Recruiting Team. I sent them an email respectfully inquiring about the selection process. This time they were prompt to reply that I had not been selected.

If tl;dr:
    Don't waste your time with this company. They are not willing to waste any of their time on you.

Interview Questions

• Math section: 35 questions like this one and only 30 minutes to solve all of them by hand:

The sum of both digits, of either of two two-digit numbers, in whatever order the digits are written, is
      9. The square of either of the digits of either number, minus the product of both digits, plus the
      square of the other digit is the number 21. The numbers are _______?   Answer Question

Junior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Lengthy, inconvenient, and discriminatory .

I applied and had 4 interviews over about 5 weeks time. My recruiter interviewed my first via skype and recommended me for a Software training position, and assured me that if I didn't fit with this team that he would try me with either the position i applied for or another in the company. I took a drug test and got a back ground check and although everything came back clean I wasn't offered a position. At this point I had also taken (2) two-hour exams (one proctored onsite) neither of which I received negative feedback for. After my third interview my recruiter fell off the face of the earth and after weeks of personal communication I couldn't get a call back or email. Finally after 2 weeks of radio silence I received a generic auto-drafted regret letter. I tried to follow up about a week later and myh recruiter didn't respond to my voicemail nor my email. After a couple of months the whole ordeal came to mind and I called back and finally got a hold of my recruiter who told me everything on my app was clear and I was a viable candidate. It is my personal belief that the last person I interviewed with discriminated against me based on my race or gender, being a black woman.

Interview Questions

• Are you dating anyone? Or seriously attached?

The intent was to ask if I am comfortable working a traveling position, but it was still offputting   1 Answer

Marketing Communications Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process starts with a set of personality tests that you get sent by e-mail, which you must complete before going to take more tests in person. I went to college already, I thought I was done with pointless exams. Plus the tests seemed really interested in my history as a petty thief (I'm not), and I really don't want to work in an environment where management assumes things about employees. I cancelled the interview process due to the bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Agree or disagree: every employee steals occasionally.   1 Answer