Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.2

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Assessment Problems: A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%? (Sample Aptitude Assessment Problems)

Interview Questions

• A certain sum of money is invested at 10%. Twice that amount is invested at 8%. The total amount of interest from both investments is $91. How much is invested at 8%? (Sample Aptitude Assessment Problems)   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online, contacted via email and sent a link to come in for a face to face the following Tuesday even though I had not spoken to anyone over the phone yet. Upon opening the assessment I was really in for a treat...

I however found it incredibly ridiculous and do think that they overlook talent when candidates are asked to complete time consuming quizzes out there like that. I work all day and go to school in the evening and on top of homework I found that assessment to be so annoying! I have a bachelors degree so why are you trying to cram patterns, vocabulary, whatever other trivial tricky tabs were at the top of that page... I mean I literally just starting christmastreeing it. This position is not for SpaceX or getting us to the moon. Thank you but no thank you that just really left an awful taste in my mouth.

Marketing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I will clarify that when I say "yes, but I declined" (an offer), it was not a job offer; it was an offer for the next step of the interview process. I asked to withdraw my candidacy, so I cannot say whether or not I would have gotten the job offer.
    I will also say, I am not a smoker, but if you are, don't bother. I was asked three different times throughout the process if I smoked; the third time was by an actual human, rather than in writing, and he explained they don't hire smokers and they do RANDOM NICOTINE TESTING. That is some insanity right there, and regardless of the fact that I would have been safe, it makes me tremendously uncomfortable.

First, I applied online. I then received an email asking me to complete some online tests. The tests took several hours, asked bizarrely invasive questions, and were largely irrelevant to the skill set I would need for the alleged position. (We will come back to why I call it an alleged position.)
    I submitted the online test, and later the same day received an email asking me to come in for an interview the following week. I was told to allot approximately two hours for the interview, and that cell phones were not permitted in the interview. I was also told business professional attire was highly recommended.
    I went to the interview location, where the first thing they had me do was go into a room full of computers for another online assessment. Or should I say, to repeat the math section of the original online assessment; this was an hour-long process, and the position I was applying for had nothing to do with math. It wasn't that I had personally done poorly the first time, either; the room had several other candidates, and I was directed in there without the receptionist needing to check my current status or anything to see if I needed to retake it. They just make you do it twice.
    At the end of this assessment, I had to fill out a bunch of personal information, much of which was a repeat. For example, I told them now for the second time what my minimum salary requirement would be.
    After this test, I was put in a room to do a Skype interview with a recruiter at one of their other locations. He told me the position I applied for was actually filled "last week" - meaning at some point between when I applied (Monday of the previous week) and when I was asked to come in for an interview (4:55 p.m. Friday of the previous week), the job was filled, and nobody bothered to tell me.
    He told me there was another position I might be a good fit for, and I figured after 3+ hours of ridiculous testing, getting dressed up, driving out here, etc., I may as well hear him out. Even though it was in a completely different department, with a completely different focus, etc. So we finished the Skype interview, and he said someone on-site would be coming in shortly to talk to me. At this point I had been there for about an hour and 45 minutes, so I figured someone would pop in within the next 5-10 minutes for a quick chat to make sure I knew how to make eye contact, shake hands, etc.
    Instead, after 30 minutes, the receptionist came in to tell me someone would be with me soon.
    5-10 minutes later, a guy who was way less dressed up than I was came in and took me upstairs for an interview.
    20 or so minutes into this interview, he tells me the *minimum* salary requirement that I submitted *twice* before ever meeting with someone was several thousand dollars higher than the highest they could offer. Yet, not knowing how to exit gracefully, I finished answering his questions and even did a writing assessment before leaving. I was there for approximately four hours.
    The next morning, I wrote a very long and detailed email to the recruiter with whom I had initially been emailing. I asked her to withdraw my application and broke down all of the above reasons for my dissatisfaction with the process and distrust for the company.
    Yet, several days later, I received a phone call from some other recruiter, saying they were ready to schedule my next interview as the next step in the process. She left a voicemail message, which I did not bother returning.

Interview Questions

• Do you smoke? Because we don't allow our employees to smoke, including when they're not at work, and we do random nicotine tests.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (New York, NY).

Interview

Personality and Aptitude Assessment are stupid. It is waste of time. A lot of part is highschool math questions. And asked me who is Michael Jordan. I don't know what's these questions for.

Interview Questions

• The width of a rectangle is 15 feet less than its length, and the perimeter is 210 feet. Find the width:   2 Answers

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I applied online through Linkedin and a few days later I received in email in regards to taking the next steps forward in the hiring process. Which included a link and attachments to Personality and Aptitude Assessment tests with a time duration of 1:45mins.

Interview Questions

• I have not made it to this part of the process as I have just received this email.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The process starts with you receiving an email from a recruiter to complete an online application and some Aptitude tests. They want you to re enter all your work experience, References, as well as other information into their databases. After you finish this you begin the examinations. This feels like sat/act exams and they are a pain, imagine migrane headache meets hangover. They take a lot of effort and they give you less time than necessary to complete all the questions. You also lose 1/4 of a point for every question you get wrong so guessing is discouraged.

After you finish the nightmare that is the assessment you then take an ethics attitude exam is full of inane questions. It asks you if you such though provoking questions as " do youget lonely?" or "Do you like to steal or use drugs and tobacco products?" These questions serve no purpose other than to see if you can walk and chew gum at the same time. Anyway this entire process is so tedious and mentally draining you'll be lucky to finish it in a couple of hours.f you do well, like I did, you receive an email to schedule an in person interview and this is where the real circus begins.

After showing up you enter the recruiting office which is like an Orwellian nightmare with a bunch of small jail cell like office rooms and a big computer testing center that has cameras and signs warning that it is under surveillance, Snowden was right. You then end up wasting another two hours taking the assessment, which takes even longer on their garbage 1990 laggy computers that freeze up and load slow as hell from the years of abuse and neglect no doubt. The computers are a good metaphor for the employees, overworked and under-compensated.

Once you finish all this and score well you are then told to go wait in one of the prison holding cells like a good doggy. After 20 mins, or less if you're lucky, you get a Skype call from a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter is a typical interview where they ask the typical questions and try to low ball you with salary expectations.

If you did well in this part they ask you to stick around and wait for a department supervisor to come over. After they come over, another 20+ min wait, they interview you again 30mins+ At this point in they identify where they would like you to work with them given your skills, interview performance, as well as their openings. Then you go to the department and shadow for another 30 mins+.
    After all this you interview yet again with the upper management and are then offered the position and a really low ball salary.

The company has a 1984 George Orwell feel to it and the employees look like robot brainwashed slaves. Culture is very uptight, hostile, and pedantic with formalities. The salaries suck, you'd make more if you skipped university and just worked your way up in McDonald's. Interview process makes you feel like cattle and is lengthy and time wasting. When you take the exam you will see the dozen other drones who are vying for a position as well. It would be considerable if the salaries were through the roof and the company had a good atmosphere, however even Google doesn't have this nonsense and they offer compensation that makes Reynolds seem like a hotdog stand and their interview process is not as reminiscent of a Guantanamo Bay holding facility.

One last after thought, the interview itself as well as the tests are very easy if you consider yourself intelligent. The waste of time, jail cells, and theatrics on the other hand make this a very difficult interview process to deal with, and with how little they will end up offering you, you could have used that time to sit at home and fill out those scam ad surveys that pay you $0.50 per survey. You end up making practically the same amount and you get to do it at home in your pjs.

Interview Questions

• Will you be a good doggy and work for a biscuit and some water 8 hours a day?   1 Answer

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Aptitude test. Alphabet sequence, pattern sequence, and math problems. Time limited and it's really hard to finish them all during the time. After the test, you'll need to wait till they go over through your application and inform you about future actions

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I have not completed an in-person interview but just finished their battery of pre-interview tests. You will be required to complete an ethics and psychological assessment before coming onto the campus where you only take another test and they send you home. A test you could have completed from home as well without having to waste my time and dry-cleaned suit on this impersonal experience. The only people I talked too were the receptionists and all they do is sign you in then send you home.

Avoid this company unless you simply cannot.

Interview Questions

• Lost of math word problems which forbid the use of a calculator, because no one ever checks their math.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in November 2016.

Interview

Did not get far in the hiring process. Applied online. After a week got an email about doing an online assessment within 2 business days. Also given sample questions to help practice for the aptitude assessment.
    Online assessment was the worst I have taken. First you fill in employment application then personality assessment then later aptitude assessment. It was very draining and time consuming. Though I practised the sample questions I still struggled.
    After 4 days i got an email stating that they were not moving forward with me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Kettering, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process doesn't even begin until you complete a battery of standardized tests. I received an email with an interview date and links to complete assessments PRIOR to the in-person testing. When I arrived, I sat for about an hour and a half taking standardized tests which were mostly mathematical based questions and/or deciphering/decoding (such as find the pattern in AAAAAAABANFHDJFL). I was told after the test they would contact me but when they didn't give me an interview right after the testing (after emphasizing to dress professionally and be prepared) I understood I had not been selected to the actual interview. My test scores must have been awful. Study like you are taking the SATs before you show up to that room with computers and separators.