Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

3.2

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2017.

Interview

Being out of school for 25 years and having even more years of sales experience I still can't believe while applying for a sales position I would need to be tested on advanced mathematics! Not to mention the rest of the invasive and irrelevant testing that was nothing more than a huge waste of time. Which by the way, while taking I repeatedly found myself wondering if this was even a company I wanted to work for. After all the testing was just the beginning. But also what about the stigma associated with the company and it's products? If I did work there and found that down the road I chose to leave, would any other company ever hire me? Who knows what the future opinions of employers will be in regards to experience with products like theirs. Probably better to be safe than sorry.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (College Station, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process consists of multiple online tests: application, personality, aptitude, etc. If you fail the tests that have nothing to do with the position, they tell you all recruiters are busy and send you a rejection e-mail in 3-5 business days. Ridiculous company.

Interview Questions

• What country did Princess Diana die in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Before I get to the store I want to give them some credit.
    Their emails were helpful and informative. They even provide you with exact directions to their facility (for people who apparently dont know how to use google maps).
    They also let you know if you don't get the position, which I greatly appreciated.

-You take a 2 hour test online and fill out a lot of personal information.
    (the test is literally an english test, a math test, a pattern test, and a shape-pattern test. Its a weird IQ test. VERY lengthy.)
    -Then they email you back to do even more paperwork.
    -Then they call you in for a professional interview.
    -You retake all the tests you took online before. All of them. I also had to retake the 'personality test' because they said my answers were 'too neutral'.
    -then you they send you to a strange little room with a desk and a big monitor.
    You sit and wait for them to skype call you.

About the Skype call:
    She maintained total control of the conversation the entire time- asking me nothing about my skills or anything. She seemed to be distracted and disinterested.
    The first question she asked me was if I would be interested in other positions if I was not chosen for that position. (which was a red flag. To me, that tells me they already had another candidate in mind. Which seems to have been the case.)
    The second was if I smoked or did drugs. Apparently they don't like smoking anywhere near the property (and this is a source of contention with many potential employees).
    The rest of the interview was just about each of the jobs I put on my resume and what I did for each company.

I concluded by bidding her a good day and asking her for her name.
    Maintaining her smile she just... hung up.

Keep in mind: this is only the first few steps of the hiring process.
    Apparently there was also a formal interview with their 'hiring manager' after that.
    Beyond that? I dont know.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at this job? What did you do at this job? What did you do at this job?   1 Answer
    • Would you be interested in keeping in other positions?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke? Would you mind not smoking anywhere near the facility as it is a health and wellness facility?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2017.

Interview

Applied back in March. Got an email stating that I needed to complete an online assessment and after that, had to go in and take an hour-long math, aptitude, and skills assessment, and right afterwards had a behavioral interview with a recruiter (not from the department I applied for. I think it was a general recruiter). After that, I was told I'd hear back on a decision in a few days.

A few days later, got a call to interview with the department head and went and did that. That interview was more technical and intense. I was told that I'd hear back in a few days. A week later, I was called back in for a background check (and a mouth drug-screen. They don't tell you this.) and a few days later got an offer.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and then got a email back within the weak to complete a series of online aptitude tests. Tests took 2-3 hours to complete. Got a call back from a person from HR asking what my preferences were. Then got email a little later.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of pattern recognition questions about shapes and letters of the alphabet. A few were a little tricky.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Online assessment of math, some vocabulary, and pattern recognition followed by an ethics test. Next step is an in-person assessment, interview with HR discussing history, strengths, and salary. From there, department-specific interviews take place.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes you stand out compared to other candidates?   Answer Question

Naked Lime Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process is quite long, but the recruiting employees were extremely helpful and kind. The aptitude test was a bit much for this kind of position. The math section was very difficult if you haven't taken math in the past 2 years.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Initially, you'll go in to take a couple of computerized tests. They'll send out sample wuestions to look over before you actually go in to take the assessment. Then you'll actually begin the interview process. The whole ordeal took about two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any exact question, but it is important to know about the company's culture.   Answer Question

Remote Call Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The application and aptitude test they have you take is absolutely ridiculous. Its practically a mini SAT. Its asks very invasive questions and asks you to repeat everything you have already emailed them on your resume. They ask you if you smoke and if you hug your family. The math questions are hard for someone that doesn't use percentages and fractions in their everyday life especially while timed and with no calculator. Why would I as a call analyst need to know how to calculate profit or deprecation? Its a joke for a part time job that reportedly pay less than $8 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Find the next letter in the pattern: KIGE = E D B F or C   3 Answers
    • A printer has an original value of $6000. If it depreciates at a rate of 7 percent each year, what is its value at the end of 8 years? $4000 $1960 $4280 $3360 $2640   1 Answer
    • What country did princess Diana die in?   2 Answers
    • What sport is the world cup for?   1 Answer
    • What sport made Michael Jordan famous?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was long,
    1) apply online
    2) basic phone interview with recruiter
    3) online Aptitude assessments (About 2-3 hours)
    4) interview with regional manager
    5) Proctored assessments (Same as first just over skype to ensure you are the one actually taking it, also only part of first takes about a 1 hour)
    6) Interview with director/larger territory manager
    7) Tenative offer pending drug test/background check (NOTE Drug test was for EVERYTHING, and i mean everything even nicotine. Nicotine was optional)
    8) Official offer,

Interview Questions

• Asked about personal skills and challenges in past jobs/ life situations   1 Answer

See What Reynolds and Reynolds Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “Reynolds sponsors several 5ks and sports leagues for employees. We have an Associate Foundation dedicated to collecting money and volunteering for charities. There is an annual...”“Reynolds sponsors several 5ks and sports leagues for employees. We have an Associate Foundation dedicated to collecting money and volunteering for charities. There is an annual cook-off/picnic in August that's very family friendly. They brought back the Christmas Party the last two years as well. There is a health center, gym, and cafeteria in the main Kettering facility. When we have mandatory after work business meeting/parties, they provide free food and alcohol that mostly makes the mandatory part worth it. I don't know if they are still doing them, but when I was a newer associate, I was invited to several networking lunched to meet more senior employees. The 401K match is very good, and you are fully vested after 2 years. Management will work with you if you need to adjust your regular schedule as long as you ask in advance and make up the time somehow (vacation time/extra hours another day). You can be pretty confident in your position as Reynolds is a strong company with a good outlook. It's a good starter company for new professionals to learn the corporate ropes. They have several educational classes offered for this purpose.” – Full Review