Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.2

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (North Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to come in to interview, there was no person to person interview. I went into the building and was sat in front a computer with a dozen other applicants and took an assessment.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

After my experience with ReyRey and taking their tests I am convinced the company is run by die-hard conservative, pervasive old boys who think they are superior to others and are entitled to know about you PERSONAL life. I was shocked by the type of questions they asked, digging into your relationships within your family, touching on sensitive subjects for which there are no right answers and most importantly JUDGING you based on those answers. I don't know who wants to work for them. Are you ok with questions like "if both your spouse and child were drowning and you could save only one, who would you save?" " Do you hug your family members?" "Would you tell on your friend?". And tobacco use? I don't smoke and never have, but please leave smokers alone. How dare do you judge a person based on this addiction that is very hard to overcome? It doesn't mean they are unfit or will be a danger on the job.
    When you come to their "offices" there are about 50 people there taking the assessment. Makes you feel kind of "special", like they just picked whoever applied to their ad to participate in this "event". So, don't be glad that ReyRey recruiter contacted you - he also contacted hundreds others for the same job. They think they can just treat candidates like a herd.
    The algebra test was well described by previous reviewers. Overall impression - privacy invasion, extremely judgmental attitude, total waste of several hours of my time. I can only imagine what it would be like to work for a group like that, they may want to smell you everyday to make sure you are not smoking. Sounds like it's a type of org that would ask you for a note to go to a funeral... After all how can they trust their employees?
    Also, their office has some sort of 80s feel to it, like you stepped in the scenes of 80's soap opera or something, old interior, old tags on the employees displaying who long they've been a "team member". Who does that?
    Sent me a reject email 3 days after coming to their office. I could not care less if they didn't select me but I do value my time and feel bad that I wasted it with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you hug your family members? Are you affectionate? Would you tell on a very good friend?   1 Answer

Field Computer Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

The first stage of the interview process is completing the online application and personality assessment. The application part was completing the information that was on my resume which was already sent to them. It also wanted salary, driving record, and references. Once this part was done it went into the personality assessment which had 2 untimed and 4 timed sections which they said should only take 45 to 60 mins. It took me 2 hours to complete the 1st section was 76 questions and you could only have 7 "middle" responses. the ones that were timed the number of questions per time was unrealistic. I didn't complete any of those sections. The questions asked I didn't see how they pertained to the position I was trying to get. After completing the assessment I sent an email to the recruiter to see what was next. I was told in 5-7 days I would be contacted either way. I was never contacted. This was a big waste of my time. They could have had the recruiter ask the main questions the hiring personnel was wanting before they put me through the long tedious process.

Interview Questions

• I didn't ever get to speak to a person but it seems that their main and most important question was what is your maximum salary amount?   1 Answer

Interview

Applied online with resume. Received email with login/password.

The biggest issue is the online test. Once you get into the the spacial reasoning, patterns and math questions - you need time. Much more than was given. Blank answers won't count against you, but incorrect ones will. By the time you get to the math questions, your mind is fried. All you do is look at the clock ticking and can't think. I'm sure my test scores are what did me in.

While I understand the reasoning behind the tests, many people just don't shine on tests. Many people shine when they are actually in a "hands-on" environment. Getting high scores on a test, such as the one given, or a degree does not mean the company will get the best person suited for the position.

No, I don't have a degree. BUT I have worked at one automotive dealership for over 14 years - all of it using the ReyRey system in nearly all (maybe all) departments. I have also worked at two other automotive dealerships. That alone is more than enough experience to be employed by Reynolds & Reynolds. Factor in my 30+ years of customer service experience and I'm one of the best candidates for the position.

That being said, I would still love the opportunity to work for Reynolds & Reynolds.

Interview Questions

• Where did Princess Diana die? (country)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Just like the other people, you have to take some assessment test that has nothing to do with your applying position probably. You would think they would at least tell you even if they don't want you, but no, you take a long test, EASY test just to waste your time.
    Don't even bother trying to work for them. They're probably one of those company that only gives you a chance if you're referral internally. Such a waste of my time. "6543, what's the next number" . .. just trust me and other reviews, it's not worth the time. There are plenty of jobs out there, they'll never get the young talents.

Interview Questions

• stupid questions. "what would you do when your co-worker is not doing any work" then they give you 5 options that's all reasonable. like tell manager, ask him to, tell another person to tell him, text/message the person ...etc. A lot of questions have no real and correct answer, they're just trying to waste your time.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I received an email to complete an online test that had nothing to do with the position I applied for but had many general personality and math questions. I took me over two hours to complete. I felt that was a waste of my time. I checked the salary average for this position, and realized that this company is paying well below the average but I asked for a compatible pay anyways because I feel I deserve it. I was surprised to see questions about tobacco smoking and learn how strictly is that unhealthy personal choice enforced. I

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I applied online and was told to come in for an "interview" where I'd be taking an aptitude test. I was told in the email I received that if they had time, an interviewer would see me. I researched this company very well and came to the conclusion that it was only if I passed the test that I would see an interviewer. I was right. By the way, the sample test given via the email doesn't even begin to give you a clue of what to expect unless you're a math genius. The sample test has only twelve questions there, while the actual test has up to 70 questions or so. The time limit for each section is ridiculously small considering that you have a short time to prepare for something you haven't seen in years (I only had a week). And yes, I did fail that test. I only answered about 15% of the questions. However, two of the three sections were graded based in the questions you answer, but the first section (which has the most questions, 40) has to be answered. I was doing so well on it until the timer brought me back to reality and I realized that I still had pages to go. Meanwhile, the sample question only gave me one sample for the first two questions. Maybe it's just me, but if you give one sample for a section, I don't expect 40 questions on the real thing.

Interview Questions

• I did not get an interview. If they tell you you will be contacted in 3-5 days and you don't get an interview. Forget. About. It.   Answer Question

Outside Account Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2016.

Interview

Daunting! You interview 5-6 times and take hours of assessments, spend minimum 10 hours away from your current position and family. When you do not get the position, a couple weeks later you get a generic email from HR. Also, seem very discriminating. If you are not single, male or without children do not bother. Many more opportunities with better pay.

Technical Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was horrible in my opinion. It was a glorified sales hiring process applied to a technical position. I actually doubt that the recruiters are qualified to even conduct a high level technical interview.

Interview Questions

• It took 70 minutes to go up a river but 45 minutes to come down. How long is the river?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is similar to what everyone else had experienced. They had emailed me a link to a website to take an application, personality, and aptitude assessment that took roughly two hours in total and an ethics assessment that took around ten minutes. The assessment itself was very basic and required little to no actual programming skills, but it did require pattern recognition techniques and basic algebra skills without calculators, which may be a bit difficult if one is rusty and is used to using calculators. Finally they ask for some time and then set up an interview and ask basic interview questions.