Reynolds and Reynolds Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX).

Interview

After the follow-up regarding the interview process, there was an online screening aptitude test. They were at reasonable difficulty. Time management was very important. Once we clear that round( I haven't heard any one dooming in this round ) , we are asked to take the common aptitude test at their site. It is the same for any role ( haven't heard any one clearing this round).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (New York, NY).

Interview

The process does not seem to include any true technical interview, though I am going in for a final interview/visit soon. There are aptitude tests, but nothing directly related to software development.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (New York, NY).

Interview

Personality and Aptitude Assessment are stupid. It is waste of time. A lot of part is highschool math questions. And asked me who is Michael Jordan. I don't know what's these questions for.

Interview Questions

• The width of a rectangle is 15 feet less than its length, and the perimeter is 210 feet. Find the width:   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I have not completed an in-person interview but just finished their battery of pre-interview tests. You will be required to complete an ethics and psychological assessment before coming onto the campus where you only take another test and they send you home. A test you could have completed from home as well without having to waste my time and dry-cleaned suit on this impersonal experience. The only people I talked too were the receptionists and all they do is sign you in then send you home.

Avoid this company unless you simply cannot.

Interview Questions

• Lost of math word problems which forbid the use of a calculator, because no one ever checks their math.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to take personality assessment, ethics assessment, and aptitude test. Aptitude test had 3 parts, pattern matching with letters, pattern matching with shapes, and math problems. I found the math problems to be much harder than the sample problems, but I may have been mentally drained by that point.

Had a Skype interview with a recruiter who asked typical interview questions like tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Received a call that they wanted me to come in for a live interview. I first took the same aptitude test that I took online. Then the product manager and the software supervisor came in to interview me. The product manager talked about the company and what they do. They asked about some projects and experience that I had on my resume. The software supervisor then asked some programming questions like how do you declare an object, what do public and private mean, what's the difference between a stack and a queue, etc. He then gave me 3 blocks of C# code and asked about them. First one was about method based vs query based LINQ, second one was about comparing a DateTime object to null, third one was about method delegates.

The next morning, a recruiter contacted me that they wanted to move forward with the drug test and background check. I did the drug test that day, and the following week they offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between method-based and query-based LINQ in C#.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Just like the other people, you have to take some assessment test that has nothing to do with your applying position probably. You would think they would at least tell you even if they don't want you, but no, you take a long test, EASY test just to waste your time.
    Don't even bother trying to work for them. They're probably one of those company that only gives you a chance if you're referral internally. Such a waste of my time. "6543, what's the next number" . .. just trust me and other reviews, it's not worth the time. There are plenty of jobs out there, they'll never get the young talents.

Interview Questions

• stupid questions. "what would you do when your co-worker is not doing any work" then they give you 5 options that's all reasonable. like tell manager, ask him to, tell another person to tell him, text/message the person ...etc. A lot of questions have no real and correct answer, they're just trying to waste your time.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I received an email to complete an online test that had nothing to do with the position I applied for but had many general personality and math questions. I took me over two hours to complete. I felt that was a waste of my time. I checked the salary average for this position, and realized that this company is paying well below the average but I asked for a compatible pay anyways because I feel I deserve it. I was surprised to see questions about tobacco smoking and learn how strictly is that unhealthy personal choice enforced. I

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is similar to what everyone else had experienced. They had emailed me a link to a website to take an application, personality, and aptitude assessment that took roughly two hours in total and an ethics assessment that took around ten minutes. The assessment itself was very basic and required little to no actual programming skills, but it did require pattern recognition techniques and basic algebra skills without calculators, which may be a bit difficult if one is rusty and is used to using calculators. Finally they ask for some time and then set up an interview and ask basic interview questions.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was given a phone interview where they asked me basic questions on my experiences in languages I have developed in. The phone conversation was not long or in depth at all. After that they sent me an email a few days later saying they will go with another candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the entry-level software developer position online, was called in to take an aptitude test. The aptitude test was difficult and I thought I did bad, but was interviewed by recruiter over skype - which was fun! I will be interviewing with some department heads who will decide if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked me many standard questions including the classic "what is your biggest strength and weakness"   1 Answer