Reynolds and Reynolds Software Implementation Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reynolds and Reynolds Software Implementation Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.6

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in June 2016.

Interview

I took a long, detailed online assessment. I gave one phone interview, and was told I would be given a second phone interview. In the meantime I was sent an additional set of application questions, and an ethics assessment. Several days later, I received an email stating I was not getting the job, despite having been told I would receive another interview. In the end my two qualms are this:

1) I was told I would receive a second interview, and this turned out not to be true.
2) The questions on the supplemental application and ethics assessment were awkward and invasive. I give a few examples below. The supplemental application asked many questions about my spouse (I am not married, and there was no "if applicable" anywhere on the page), as well as inquiring if I had car, child support or alimony payments. The ethics assessment was very fixated on two particular issues: marijuana, and stealing. 55 questions, and nearly every single one was about my views on marijuana and stealing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Reynolds and Reynolds

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Several assessment tests, including aptitude and personality assessments. Followed by several back to back interviews. One skype/webcam, then meeting with different department managers and supervisors. They each asked similar standard questions revolving around education and work experience. Nothing too difficult, other than the standard challenge questions about how you deal with conflict and the "tell me about yourself".

Interview Questions

• Very concerned about tobacco usage. You are not considered at all if they think that you are a smoker.   2 Answers

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email from HR to schedule an on campus aptitude test. Once the date for testing is confirmed I was asked to complete an online assessment and application.

The at home took about an hour and the on campus test took another hour. Received an email saying they will not continue with the process. Guess I didn't "pass" the test.

The whole process is a huge waste of my time and I was not even asked for an phone interview.

Interview Questions

• the aptitude test has 3 sections, pattern recognition, shape/IQ test and applied algebra   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was about a 3 week process. Started with an email to take an online aptitude test. Following the test, I was asked to do a followup interview with a recruiter via Skype. That was followed by a Proctored test via Skype with the same recruiter. I then met with two hire ups in the department I would be working in (a manager and a VP). This was followed by a face to face with who would be my supervisor. Since this position is a traveling one, I met him at a Starbucks close to my home. This too went well and I was then contacted a day or two later to come to the Houston office for a final interview. I then met with the manager and VP of the department from my original Skype meeting as well as a quick sit down with the VP of the company. They paid for my gas (74 a mile) for the whole trip and even made sure I had arrangements to stay in town. A few days later I was offered the job. If you make it to the home office and they do a drug test (THIS IS A TOBACCO FREE COMPANY), congrats, you should be in the clear.

Should you be offered the job, DO NOT COUNTER THE OFFER!!! I have spoken to many people who have done so and Reynolds will immediately retract the offer.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, nothing hard. Weaknesses and strengths, goals, etc.   Answer Question

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I did all of their interview process in one day. I was at their building for over 5 hours for 3 rounds of interviews. You have to take a test before they will even interview you. It is basically an IQ test. As if passing college wasn't proof enough that you are intelligent. But after that you interview with an HR rep who basically just makes sure you answer the standard HR questions correctly, the division manager, and finally the VP. The VP is very nice, just very quiet during the interview. At the end you take a drug test. If they drug test you, expect an offer. If they don't, you probably won't get one.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but you definitely can and should. They typically don't pay well.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process is really long and very dry. Strictly speaking it is highly corporate. Expect the typical questions: what are your strengths/weaknesses/etc. Also, you will interview 3-4 times with different people depending on how far in the process you go. I started with recruiting, then did all of the testing and passed that, then interviewed on three other occasions with different people moving higher and higher in the chain.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of your strengths/weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • Software implementation specific: Teach me how to use something.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was long with a lot of testing. It was repetitive testing (proctored and not proctored), as well as government style questioning (situation, action, reaction). Though when i got hired, you hear that most of the tests don't matter as long as you score similarly on the proctored vs not proctored exams.

Interview Questions

• If you need to make a customer happy, but you don't know how to fix their problem, what do you do?   Answer Question

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

skills test then 3 skype interviews, one phone interview, then an onsite visit with two managers a partner and a lunch

Interview Questions

salary is low for what i deserve from my university

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Lengthy. First required to take a personality and intelligence test. Once passed, Interviewed first with a recruiting associate. Next with the director of the department, both over Skype. Lastly had an in person interview with who was to be my manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Memphis, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews - one with HR and one with a regional manager. They were straightforward, quintessential interview questions. Describe your experiences, strengths, weaknesses. Why do you want to work for R&R, & what do you understand to be the work of the position/company? The company culture was difficult for me in that the position was working from home as a field consultant. I didn't like that and wasn't into the idea of working with automotive dealerships. The conversation with the regional manager was about an hour and a half (!!!), so all signs would point to a positive outcome. That wasn't the case, and since it was so long, I was confused on what they wanted to see from interviews.