Rhapsody International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rhapsody International Interview Questions

3.2

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rhapsody International (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred internally for the role. 10 days after the referral, I was contacted by their recruiter asking for a list of times/days for a call- I responded right away. Two days later, I received a reply asking if I had alternative days/times for the following week. Again, responded right away. Eight days later, I pinged the recruiter asking if I was still being considered. I was told that the recruiter "didn't get my previous e-mail". The recruiter wanted to call me four days later at a particular time. I responded with a "sure, I'll mark it down on my calendar". When I didn't get a call, I e-mailed back and then was told that I was actually called and that the response "was a busy tone". We finally had the call and I was scheduled for a phone screen the following week.

The phone screen was fairly straightforward with a heavy emphasis on scrum/agile project management. I was told that the recruiter would be following up with next steps. I never heard back from the recruiter and I wasn't surprised. It appeared that the recruiter was actively stalling/blocking my application and had hence or otherwise taken "dropping the ball" to an art form. You sort of expect this from most recruiters in this area (overworked, underpaid, heavy churn) but my experience with Rhapsody's recruiting was quite unprofessional.

Production Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rhapsody International (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Sat with the leaders of the Creative team in a room in the office. I discussed my design experience and presented a project in my portfolio. I answered a few questions about my design background then presented a mobile app I created.

Interview Questions

• If you see someone on your team making a mistake, what do you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rhapsody International.

Interview

The hiring process at Rhapsody is very pleasant. Submit your resume, receive an immediate response to connect with recruiter for a 30 min. phone screen. Next you will connect with a manager on the phone for about 30-40 minutes, and then a F2F interview with 4 members of the team for 45 min. each.

Interview Questions

• If I were to have a Them Song what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was pleasant as the recruiter had already inquired about my career goals so there were no surprises when it was time for an offer and the offer was fair.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Initial meeting was very casual and was directly with the hiring manager. The next step was several hours in the office in a series of 1:1 with various team members focusing on different topics.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a product which allows you to integrate with multiple billing providers? What would be your approach and what would you consider?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rhapsody International.

Interview

I was emailed about an opportunity to do a phone interview, which was great. On the day before the phone interview I was asked if we could do it that day instead, but I had another interview to go to. Initially I said no, but then said 'call immediately'. I did not get a call. I also did not get a call on the day scheduled, so I sent an email asking what happened. Still no response....

Senior SW Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rhapsody International (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone screening, then 4 hours on side interview. Thought it went well, but recruiter called saying they decided not to proceed with offer.

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rhapsody International (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It started with an HR call. I talked with the HR person off and on letting them know my interests and needs. They seemed amenable to all of them so I figured moving forward with them would be good.

The next step was to have a technical phone screen which wasn't a big deal. Everything went well.

It was then they informed me they wanted me to come in for a 6 hour interview to meet the team. I was frankly surprised that anyone nowadays does 6 hour interviews, I mean do they expect you to take time off your current job just to interview or something? I ended up taking an afternoon off to go in and interview with them for 2 hours. That went very well and I had really hoped the next step would be an offer.

But no, they wanted me to come in again and get in at least another 3 hours of interviews. I sighed and complied, reminding myself that this opportunity seemed like a good one and that they were going to be accommodating to my needs.

I all but aced that interview as well and was told that I'd hear something in a few days. The next day, I was surprised to receive a call from the HR person and she claimed she was putting together an offer letter and basically probed me to find out if I was still interested. I of course responded positively and they cryptically said that what I was asking for a salary may be a bit too high. I simply told her that I'd be happy with the low end of that range anyway and that didn't seem to change their tone. They did say to expect something the next day most likely. I figured if anything, they might try to offer me a lesser salary than what I expected and that I could hopefully negotiate with them considering what I was asking wasn't much more than I already made.

Well the next day came and went and so did the weekend. Mid-day Monday, I decided to give them a call. I left a voicemail and a few minutes later, I received an email from the HR person claiming that they decided not to pick me for the position because of the salary range I had requested.

Not only was I surprised but I was quite upset. They had easily agreed to the salary I requested when I had first talked with them over the phone and yet suddenly after all the interviews with nothing but positive feedback, I was just shut out of the position altogether without even a chance to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard iOS and development questions as well as managerial / teamwork questions. Nothing too difficult really.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rhapsody International (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Process was pretty quick. I got a call from the recruiter, followed by a phone interview and an in person interview. People were friendly and engineer's were very knowledgeable.